• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

tuesday flip doubles at Lewisville Lake used to change times but I havn't played it in years so....

While we're talking changes to minis...

Thursdays at Cedar Hill has moved to Sundays @ 3pm. Sometimes singles from the shorts, sometimes doubles from the concrete (check the facebook group). Always $11 including $2 ace.

Sunday Oct. 30th - 3rd Annual Scream on the Green disc golf tourney.
Harry Myers DGC, Rockwall TX
Signup 8am - 9:15.
Shotgun start at 9:30. 2nd rd at 1pm.

2 rounds, lunch included, and a Latitude 64 River. Entry fee $30. This is part of the RDGA Tourney Series. While this tournament does count towards the overall points standings, it is open to all disc golfers. We will have a Rec and Open division (All RDGA members wishing to count this tournament towards the points series will play in the Open division), and given that we have enough ladies, we will also feature a Women's divison for the first time. As usual, we will have a CTP and an Ace Pot.

What's up, DFW? Been awhile since I checked in...

Glad to hear Denison and Princeton both have new 9-hole courses. I need to play both soon.

Also read that the tree on hole 10 at Towne Lake was cut down??? That's disappointing if it is. My profile pic is of that tree on # 10. That's where my magnetism towards trees began. :D Hope it's a different one. Noticed they did a lot of maintenance out there last time I was out (about a month ago), but didn't notice that.

Glad to hear Denison and Princeton both have new 9-hole courses. I need to play both soon.

Also read that the tree on hole 10 at Towne Lake was cut down??? That's disappointing if it is. My profile pic is of that tree on # 10. That's where my magnetism towards trees began. :D Hope it's a different one. Noticed they did a lot of maintenance out there last time I was out (about a month ago), but didn't notice that.

a few fell on 10, a bunch of trees were cut down on 13 because of pipeline access

I played last week and there was no swanp or huge bugs. Fall/winter is the best time to clean up and try this course out.

I really want to get a group together to clean up gateway sometime this winter. Maybe run a small tourney and clean up one or two weekends. I think it's an amazing course, just needs some serious TLC.

don't bother with the Princeton course, it's an utter waste of time. better off just practicing driving in an open field then throwing there, there's no signs, missing baskets, and the tee markers are just logs in the ground

oh, and the grass was nut high last time I was out there

it could be a decent course with some serious work though; which is frustrating since it's so close to my gf's house

I really want to get a group together to clean up gateway sometime this winter. Maybe run a small tourney and clean up one or two weekends. I think it's an amazing course, just needs some serious TLC.

if you work on it after Finals me and my brother would make a trip down there to help most likely

we were talking about working on courses the other day anyways ^^

Im down like james brown with two fat chicks in a canoe..gateway is awesome

Alex Clark Memorial tournament next weekend in McKinney TX at the Alex Clark DGC. Come play, good times to be had by all.

damn that sucks, how in the heck did she do that?

hope all is well

She was not paying attention carrying stuff down the stairs, things got tricky on the last step. My shoes at the bottom of the stairs probably didn't improve a bad situation. Her right ankle twisted and the tendons fractured that outside bone. She will be in a boot for 6 weeks or so. Really crummy timing with the Alex Clark (didn't play last year due to being very pregnant). Our son can walk now so you have to chase him down a lot. We are remodeling our house, and moving back into it as we couldn't sell it. The house we are in has 4 sets of stairs, kitchen at the bottom, baby's room at the top so we are in a rush to get the remodel done and back home so she doesn't have to deal with the stairs that can only be extending the recovery time. Other than all that, all is well, lol.

don't bother with the Princeton course, it's an utter waste of time. better off just practicing driving in an open field then throwing there, there's no signs, missing baskets, and the tee markers are just logs in the ground

it could be a decent course with some serious work though; which is frustrating since it's so close to my gf's house

That's disappointing to hear that. Especially since I'm 15-20 min away here in McK.

I'll have to check it out anyway, just to say I played it. Hope they plan on maintenancing it better than it sounds like they've done.

That's too bad. I played the course a couple of times right after they put it in. It was rough, but had a lot of promise. At that time, the course had good signs and the baskets were new.

May the basket thieves get the justice they deserve.

Lost Disc

1xBeast1.jpg

All you out there that play Arcadia. I lost this disc a few weeks ago on hole 17. its a 1x Beast with atrocious green ink on the back with a name as well. I do miss this disc and if anyone has found it lemme know!

what's the story with new holes at saddle hills?

i will come to a gateway clean up effort