• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

The 63 will definitely be more than competitive in Intermediate. I don't know if they've finalized whether the intermediate division will be playing an alternate layout or not. If they are you might score better than that.

This will be the first sanctioned tournament there, so we'll get our first true SSA. I am guessing, though, that it might be right below 58, say maybe 57.7. If I'm close, then the 63 will be somewhere between 960 & 970.

But all players who haven't played it with the OB lines marked on holes 11-14, might want to go see the diffference. Maybe by this evening it'll be marked. I'll post when the final tournament guidelines are up.

I thought only Pro & Advanced were playing the church

When we were coming up with whether are not we could do two rounds, three courses for the Chill, we had to consider logistics. After crunching the numbers, and knowing that Intermediate (MA2) is usually the largest division, it became apparent that they'd have to play a round at the church by themselves in order for it to work. Depending upon the final registrations some of us age-protected am men might end up with the C group also. For now the schedule is:

Rd 1 -- (A) Pro men & women, Advanced men @ Beaver; (B) Intermediate men @ Crossroads Church; (C) all Am women, Rec men @ Coyote

Rd 2 -- Rotate one course clockwise

Crossroads OB is marked ...

Along the creek, holes 1-3 (anything down will be OB, although with this weather the wet/dry would likely be a non-issue)
Left boundary of hole 6
OB lines separating holes 11-14
Right boundary of hole 15, where it's hard to see where the road starts and grass ends

Good luck!

Yeah with those ob's marked 63 will be a pretty good score. I've shot a 58 twice but I've also shot a 66 lol! My new favorite 18 hole course! Cedar hill and circle r in wimberley are tied for my favorite 36 hole layout, but this definitely dominates every 18 hole course around here. It's like Gayeway in fort worth but with fairways and it is also taken care of WAaaaaaay better!

Thank you Sean and ARay and whoever else had anything to do with getting the course ready!

Yeah with those ob's marked 63 will be a pretty good score. I've shot a 58 twice but I've also shot a 66 lol! My new favorite 18 hole course! Cedar hill and circle r in wimberley are tied for my favorite 36 hole layout, but this definitely dominates every 18 hole course around here. It's like Gayeway in fort worth but with fairways and it is also taken care of WAaaaaaay better!

Thank you Sean and ARay and whoever else had anything to do with getting the course ready!

Hey I gotta give Scuba most of the credit. After we each got off work yesterday, we were out marking it until we ran outta daylight and were gonna finish today. I guess Sean heard the weather report... I get a text at near 11pm that he had dusted off his head lamp and finished the job. He is truly dedicated. Props to Pastor Sean!

I want to go play Crossroads some time but I keep getting different answers about playing it with our son in a jogging stroller.

Lost my gator @ Bear Creek yesterday near the bridge on hole 15 (not in the creek, the water on the fairway). I stomped around for about 20 minutes and no luck. If anyone happens upon it, I'll make sure you have beer money for after the round. :D

Played Woodway today since I was in Waco on bidness. Nice course. Kind of a tight layout but charming.

I want to go play Crossroads some time but I keep getting different answers about playing it with our son in a jogging stroller.

It's a little rougher than the back nine in Canton (15 and 16 are the worst). Getting to the tee for 18 (coming out of the hole from 17) will be tricky. The first four are short. You probably wouldn't want to go over the bridges, but could take turns crossing over for putting/drives.

If it was me, I'd wait until he was walking. It's a great course and it will still be a great course next year (and it will be played in).

Well I lost the money maker Tuesday night at turner park if anyone finds an orange c line pd2 with #48865 written on the front plz lemme know you will be rewarded

Played Fritz today. Didn't throw any in the creek. :clap:

Saw some guys disc diving. Water looked lower than usual, despite recent rain. They had found 5 by the big bend where that brick wall is. They said that spot is fairly easy but #3 kinda sucks. It's all craggy with slimy busted cement and broken glass. Yes it is. :eek: They also said #6 is the worst. Deep mud that stinks like sewage. These guys said they get in pretty regular at #3 and the wall. Power to 'em. Glad someone is getting all those lost discs.

FYI, Steve Dodge of Vibram Disc Golf will be in DFW on Saturday the 25th for a Vibram demo and Vibram Birdie Mini at North Park in Haltom City.

Announced on the North Park/Arcadia Mini Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/258774054137090/

"In lieu of our normal mini this Saturday, we will have a Vibram Demo and Birdie Mini. Steve Dodge of Vibram Disc Golf will be in DFW this coming weekend. From 9:00am to 9:30, he will discuss and demonstrate Vibram discs, durability, and what's new with the company. We will play a "birdie-only" mini after. The entry will be $25. You will get TWO Vibram discs of your choice to play with (and keep, you may return discs after mini for a $15 refund). Winners of Open and Am divisions will receive a few discs and a Vibram Dri-fit. There will be 7 CTPs afterwards also (one for each Vibram disc) Lunch is provided after the mini. This will be a great time of fun and a chance to talk with an insider in the industry. You don't want to miss this!"

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-birdie-mini.html

Good chance of playing the Z this sunday and possibly stopping by Saddle Hills on the way back home.

Are these easily marked so someone that hasn't played them could navigate fairly well?

Hey guys, first post! I am actually from Illinois but I'm living in Paris for the spring doing a co-op with Kimberly Clark and just wanted to find out some more info on the some of the best TX courses. I have read some of this thread already, and yesterday I made a trip to Harry Myers and Towne Lake. Both of which were amazing. I really loved the front 9 of Harry Myers but wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the back nine holes (mainly because I like woods type courses) which is also why I loved Towne Lake! I also definitely plan on going to Selah Ranch at least once. I was wondering what you feel are some others that are worth the two hour trip for me in the DFW area. I am a big fan of woodsy, technical courses but I'm not too picky when it comes down to it. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts