• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

It looks like flower mound is getting a course. Pretty sure it's going to be pay to play.

Flower Mound has some great rolling land for a course. Every time we drive through there I'm imagining fairways and basket placements :thmbup::thmbup:

There's a big park on the north side of Lake Grapevine that is full of bike trails that would make an excellent course location too - the Murrell/Twin Coves Park area.

The flower mound course was cut way back if what I'm hearing is right. And it is in the twin coves park area.

The Burleson course is in predesign phase. I'm hearing around the chisenhall/Bailey lake park area. I'll let y'all know more in a week or so.

Nothing on the Burleson front yet. I'm 90% sure a course is going to happen but I don't know when or who is going to design it.

Nothing on the Burleson front yet. I'm 90% sure a course is going to happen but I don't know when or who is going to design it.

I saw some discussion on the Crowley FB group (and I through in some likely useless comments). I can tell it's pretty early into process, but it looks like its actually headed somewhere.

Gateway has had some major shake ups lately.

The front 9 is completely gone. 18 holes play in and around the area the back 9 used to be.

1-3 are in the middle of the "homo circle", 4 is the old 13, old 12 got split into 2 holes, the old 14 got the same treatment. Maybe 2 original holes still survive. The longest hole on the course is MAYBE 300-320ft.

Makes me wonder if they will try to make another 18 out of the original front side?

I think I saw on Facebook that is it a temporary change while some work is being done by the city. I'm sure someone else will have more info.

Hopefully so, I was pretty stoked to see the work being put in out there. Speaking of, there has been a TON of clearing and re-arranging done to just be temporary..but as you said hopefully someone knowledgeable chimes in. ☺

Hopefully so, I was pretty stoked to see the work being put in out there. Speaking of, there has been a TON of clearing and re-arranging done to just be temporary..but as you said hopefully someone knowledgeable chimes in. ☺

It's a temporary layout as the city does some work around the park. Word is, it might take a year before it gets returned to original layout. But this is definitely at this point...temporary.

gateway

Funkytown Flyers have relocated the front nine. The city is putting in a road somewhere along the front nine and have said that the layout should stay the same after the road is done. Props to Funkytown for doin work out there.

Also, I thought it would cut down on the weirdo sightings at the circle, but last weekend there were plenty of creeps circling and one dude profusely vomiting out of his vehicle and then got out and walked the woods.... still Gayway as ever.

So after this heavy rain we've had this week...
Which is the best course in the metroplex to play? Which course dries out the fastest or seems to have the least amount of muck to fight with?

The ones that drain quickly --
Crossroads in Duncanville
Veterans in Arlington
Jaranator in Lancaster (Flex tourney hosted by Discmania on Monday)
Towne Lake in McKinney
Z Boaz in Ft Worth
Greenbriar in Ft Worth
Bicentennial in Crowley

Any one know when work on the dog park starts at Bear Creek?

According to whoever is in charge of the Grapevine Parks and Rec Social Media, the final plans for the dog park should be complete within the next 60 days and then construction will begin. Vague but that's what they put out on NextDoor (Social Media).

I hate to lose Bear Creek. It's one of the 1st courses I played out that way when it was only 12 holes. One of my aces is there and it's always been one of my faves.

The ones that drain quickly --
Crossroads in Duncanville
Veterans in Arlington
Jaranator in Lancaster (Flex tourney hosted by Discmania on Monday)
Towne Lake in McKinney
Z Boaz in Ft Worth
Greenbriar in Ft Worth
Bicentennial in Crowley

what? have you played these places after a rain? :doh:

do not go to Towne Lake even a week after it rains, super thick mud. the tree canopy blocks the sun and it takes a long time to dry out.

Jaranator is playable after a rain but it does not drain quickly

never been there specifically after a rain but i have my doubts about Crossroads and Crowley.

Lake Park is the place to play after a rain in DFW. you can play while it's raining and there will be no puddles

do not go to Towne Lake even a week after it rains, super thick mud. the tree canopy blocks the sun and it takes a long time to dry out.

never been there specifically after a rain but i have my doubts about Crossroads and Crowley.
I played down there after rain. Crossroads drains ok. Harry Myers wasn't too bad. Towne Lake was a bit muddy, but nothing compared to Lester Lorch. :gross:

Jaranator is playable after a rain but it does not drain quickly

Lake Park is the place to play after a rain in DFW. you can play while it's raining and there will be no puddles

#1 - Yes
#2 - uh, no. & no.
#3 - disagree. Both have the elevation and big creeks to send the water into.
#4 - nah. Lake Park is good, very good, but Crossroads is the best I've seen. LP's new holes are the water keepers.

Harry Myers is ok after a rain with the exception of holes 5,6,7 and 9. All mud all the time on those holes.

Beaver at Lester Lorch is really bad on hole 5 and the tee on 6. The rest of it drains ok. In the woods, it's about like the Harry Myers holes mentioned above. Same with the wooded holes on Coyote.

Towne Lake is a muddy mess after a rain, but it's pretty flat so it's more playable as a muddy mess than others in the area.

Crossroads is OK. The first 4 holes can be muddy, but they drain really well. The rest of the course has grass. Even in the woods. Very nice.

I agree with ARay on the new holes at Lake Lewisville.

I really want to play the Jaranator. So far I haven't had the pleasure.

aray can have fun at Towne Lake, i'll be at Lake Park. but that is true about the new holes.

eegor, you gotta make it to the Jaranator. i think it's the best around

Latest posts