• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Went out for some practice at Harry Myers this morning... the most disappointing round I've ever had there. Hole 18 basket is missing and the course needs to be mowed in a pretty bad way.

Also... holes 2,3,7,10,11,14,16 have been moved since the last time I played there during the summer.

Hole 2 is shorter and to the right.
Hole 3 is a lot shorter as you come out of the bowl. It makes an eagle possible from the short tees for this 56 year old. Birdies are easy if you stay out of trouble.
Hole 7 is in the middle of the fairway in easy sight from the basket. Playing the short tees (par 4)... an eagle for me there too.
Hole 10 is shorter and to the left of the fairway.
Hole 11 is back to its original position. (No longer in the long position).
Hole 14 has been moved about 50 feet shorter.
Hole 16 is back in its original position. (No longer in the long position).

Again... 18 is nowhere to be found. This course is supposed to be the jewel of DFW. If someone came in from out of town and played it today... it's just not in very good shape.

sucks to hear about hole 18

there is no B position data on the course page. maybe a good samaritan will be willing to accurately measure them at some point. and then maybe the same or another good samaritan could enter the data on the course info page (as b pin positions, of course) so we can have all the info on hand. that would be awesome.

some day it would be even more awesome to have two permanent baskets on some of those holes like 2, 3, 10, 11, 16, 17. then the course would be accessible to all levels at all times. less experienced players can get some easier looks but experienced players can always get the real par 4s they're looking for in the long layout.

I've always been a bit galled about the alternate pins at Harry Myers. You have a course by one of the top designers and feel like you are adding something by putting in short pins? I used to look forward to hole #3 on the drive out to the course and would be bummed if it were in the shorter position.

If they are only in the shorts for the "off-season" I guess I could be alright with it.

18 New DD Veteran baskets at the vet as of today! Courtesy of the Texas Chainwreck and the ADGA and several others. You guys rock! VPO am weekend coming up and Pro weekend soon after that.

oops, forgot. This Sunday the 15'th is this event. https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...he_4th_Annual_Flinging_D_to_benefit_MADD_2017

Then VPO am weekend is the 29-30'th https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...pen_Am_Weekend_presented_by_Legacy_Discs_2017

VPO pro weekend is Nov. 18-19'th https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...en_pro_weekend_presented_by_Legacy_Discs_2017

Last edited:
I've always been a bit galled about the alternate pins at Harry Myers. You have a course by one of the top designers and feel like you are adding something by putting in short pins? I used to look forward to hole #3 on the drive out to the course and would be bummed if it were in the shorter position.

If they are only in the shorts for the "off-season" I guess I could be alright with it.

Some of us are not long throwers and enjoy short positions. I am not a fan of courses that don't have them

I should clarify my position. I really prefer that the pins don't move at all. I like to know where they are. I am a huge fan of multiple tees which give everybody options. I almost always play short tees when they are available.

I should clarify my position. I really prefer that the pins don't move at all. I like to know where they are. I am a huge fan of multiple tees which give everybody options. I almost always play short tees when they are available.

I believe that you and Giles are in agreement on Harry Myers. Moving the pins is what I was stating (and sort of complaining) about.

I have read that Harry Myers is back in shape. Now that the grasses have stopped growing for the year, it should be good until spring.

After years of trying, I finally had a chance to play the Jaranator. Now I understand why it's considered the best course in DFW - variety of terrain and lines to shape, bomber holes and punishment if you are off the fairway, just like a great course should have. Yes there are a couple less-than-stellar baskets and some natural pads, but you don't even notice when you are (for example) throwing to a narrow peninsula green perched 40 feet above a riverbed.
Really just a super-well maintained course too and playing a round with Matt sure helped my score. Sign the waiver and send Matt an email, you are missing out if you don't.

Plus it had some really unique holes, unlike any I've found in DFW. Hole 12 was one of a kind, and 6 in the long position had you happy with a 3. Drainage kinda sucked, but that creek could really cause some back-side puckering when your drive deflected off a tree toward the drop off.
<sigh> Took me a year to finally play Bear Creek after I had moved back here, but I played it about once a month since then. Had my closest ace run in about 5 years on #4 last month, missed the top of the bucket by about a millimeter. Never did get one out there, now I never will...(single tear falls)

Man I hate even reading this. You ain't kidding. Nothing like Bear Creek in the DFW. and it was within earshot of me. It's also where I learned to golf and got addicted. man.... it sucks to say the least. RIP BC. (also there are Bring Your Own Basket rounds at BC every so often) its really cool and all but the city has taken so many trees on the front 12 it's barely recognizable these days :(

After years of trying, I finally had a chance to play the Jaranator. Now I understand why it's considered the best course in DFW - variety of terrain and lines to shape, bomber holes and punishment if you are off the fairway, just like a great course should have. Yes there are a couple less-than-stellar baskets and some natural pads, but you don't even notice when you are (for example) throwing to a narrow peninsula green perched 40 feet above a riverbed.
Really just a super-well maintained course too and playing a round with Matt sure helped my score. Sign the waiver and send Matt an email, you are missing out if you don't.

Bro the Jaranator is the best course around. I actually was able to get a round in with Matt Jara. It was so badass man! Quite the experience! cant wait to go back

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=334 This course is one of the top courses I have had to play, even considering it has Mach II baskets, the older type. It is a punishing and that course the only part they changed was tee pad placement. We found a Wham-O 100 mold but the non Ultimate version, the 165 gram model that somebody was using to play the course with with only a name on the disc. we did ask local players we saw if they were using the disc they said no so then one of my relatives kept the disc for a toss around disc as we did not need it. That was a rare treat to play a course be it an updated version of Ed Hendricks original Design. All they really did was make the course bigger while trying to keep the same proportions to the course. I played it back in 2006. I think it is cool to play a course that was made by the guy who invented and produced the modern disc golf basket design.

The Cross Timbers Gazette Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Final phase of Heritage Park (Flower Mound) approved

...an 18-basket Disc Golf Course with a map, trash receptacles and benches, as well as three culvert crossing and a low-water crossing along the trail.

Construction is set to begin in April with an expected eight-month completion in November.

The 18-basket disc golf course - with an option to play only nine-holes - was designed by Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGE) champion Eric McCabe of Emporia, Kansas-based Dynamic Discs.

The course begins on the west side of Heritage Park and continues east and north to The Hound Mound dog park, then winds north through the approximately 50-acre Phase 4 territory of the total 81.9-acre Heritage Park.

"He [McCabe] was really excited about what he had to work with- the terrain and the topography," said Jennings. "There will be a narrow fairway with the trees and lots of distance to work with. So, this is going to be a very challenging course and will probably rank as an advanced level."

He added that the town will try to attract leagues and tournaments for the course.

Yesterday I discovered an unlisted 18-hole course tucked behind Sagamore Baptist Church in east Fort Worth that runs along the border of Village Creek Historic Area. Someone has put a lot of effort into building this course. It features homemade baskets and interesting gravel tee pads. Rough, narrow pathways have been cut through woods on a third of the holes, and the rest are mostly open with the first three holes throwing around and across a pond. The layout is mostly intuitive save for a few quirks. It's a flat course with difficulty coming from hard doglegs, narrow winding wooded fairways, and many trees as obstacles. I'm not sure of its availability for public use, so you may want to contact the church before visiting. If I were to rate it I'd give it 2 stars - just below average. The homemade nature of its design and features is evident, though I did enjoy quite a few throws.

Cleburne discgolf/ball golf course insight

Restrooms kid friendly? Water hazard rough/avoidable for beginners?

Cool carts? Byob friendly...?

no, but now i know what i'm doing this week.

i don't know the park but that's the perfect place for a course... so i can catch 9 or more holes while waiting to pick folks up from the airport!

Latest posts