• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW Plastic?

chronicatm

Eagle Member
Just curious where in the DFW area I can physically go to buy discs/disc accessories. Is there anywhere in the area? I only know of a few head shops and Academy Sports. I haven't been to PIAS in forever but I'm pretty sure there is one nearby. I keep hearing about these Disc Golf Pro Shops in random threads and I was just hoping that DFW had one.

Thanks!

Smoking Glass Works in McKinney has a great selection of Innova, Discraft, and Gateway. They also have a ton of accessories.

There is a convenience store in Arlington just down the street from the Vet that has a pretty wide selection.

In Carrollton, Play It Again Sports has a ton of discs...
2661 Midway Road
Carrollton, TX 75006972-380-5550

Those two are the best I have seen in DFW.

There is a convenience store in Arlington just down the street from the Vet that has a pretty wide selection.

2661 Midway Road

My roommate took me to the Quick-Stop or w/e it was right by Veteran's. They actually did have a decent selection and couldn't help feeding my addiction. Grabbed a 172 pink champion boss. I have thrown it twice so far. First time I definitely didn't put enough behind it. I threw it today on #17 at Veteran's and was very impressed! :clap:

2661 Midway Road

best place.

oooooooooohhhhhhhh they just called me and told me they put a star katana on hold this morning. i love that place.

wow really? do they have a lot of equipment as well as discs? ie birdie bags, disc bags, etc?

good used selection? i'd love to find some nice beat discs that i want!

Does DiscGolfStation in the Dallas do walk-in or only internet orders? They have great customer service on the internet order I did with them.

Does DiscGolfStation in the Dallas do walk-in or only internet orders? They have great customer service on the internet order I did with them.

Send a PM to FWGrant and he'll give you more info about that.

wow really? do they have a lot of equipment as well as discs? ie birdie bags, disc bags, etc?

good used selection? i'd love to find some nice beat discs that i want!

They've got quite a bit of used plastic.

fwiw, the play it again sports in plano has a nice wall of discs (mostly innova) but also all the major discraft discs and some beat plastic in crates as well. i stopped in and found a star teebird and champion wraith in all colors and weights, even champion tye dies. parker and independence, north of 190.

A new smoke shop just opened on Altamesa in south FW. My friend, Nick, owns it. Also he owns hurricanediscspotrs.com. The point being: He is an avid disc golfer, I play with him several times a week, and he knows his shyt. As a result, his plastic selection and knowledge of the sport will be far above these other shops/stores who just sell them. From Arlington... it's just a hop, skip, and a jump. 3716b Altamesa.

Latest posts