• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Basket Winter Hat - hand-knit feeler

Ok... The second try it came out way better. I think those that are following might want to be on the lookout tomorrow. She is planning on doing grey with a single white like the version below sometime during the day. Any thing being sold will be a picture of the final product. So what you see from her is what you are getting. Night...

Attachments

• IMG_20121209_231609-1.jpg
    IMG_20121209_231609-1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 131
These are great. I imagine that her craftsmanship is worth more than I'm willing to pay...but I'm cheap.
I have a similar knitted beanie and I love it for my house-hat. I bet she could easily add a 'disc-stitch' depicting a disc headed for the chains.
I'll tell you straight-out I'd give $8 shipped for one that fits my pea sized 6-7/8 head (just FYI).
Good luck!

These are great. I imagine that her craftsmanship is worth more than I'm willing to pay...but I'm cheap.
I have a similar knitted beanie and I love it for my house-hat. I bet she could easily add a 'disc-stitch' depicting a disc headed for the chains.
I'll tell you straight-out I'd give $8 shipped for one that fits my pea sized 6-7/8 head (just FYI).
Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words. Yea, I am not sure that she would accept under $3 an hour for her work. I know it takes her AT LEAST three hours to get one done. :)

My noggin is 24" around and it fits quite well. I like hats to fit like you see in the pic. Her head is about 22" and is still comfy for her.

I am not sure how she is planning on selling them. Prerube had a great idea but I am going to leave that UP TO HER. She is doing all the work!

Good luck!

Well he already said $17 including S&H. :)

I'll take two and PayPal you $35 if you can send them here by Christmas. If she isn't up for it, that's cool too.

Well he already said $17 including S&H. :)

I'll take two and PayPal you $35 if you can send them here by Christmas. If she isn't up for it, that's cool too.

I know for a fact she is working on one today to put up on an auction this evening but I am not sure she wants deadlines at this time. If something changes I will post it in a seperate thread in the MARKET.

this was more of a feeler thread and I think she is getting the hint. :clap:

I know for a fact she is working on one today to put up on an auction this evening but I am not sure she wants deadlines at this time. If something changes I will post it in a seperate thread in the MARKET.

this was more of a feeler thread and I think she is getting the hint. :clap:

Fair enough. Cool hat - please take my interest as a compliment. I guess I'll set my mental calendar to picking one up in January or February.

:popcorn:
It's OFFICIAL....PGNGRL is now a paid member. Be on the lookout for the first hat to hit the market or auction this evening.

Thank you for asking. I am using a soft blend of lamb's wool and acrylic,which is machine washable and dryable. The blend is 20% lamb's wool, 80% acrylic. If the wool is a concern, I can use 100% acrylic (also machine washable and dryable).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I like the hats! Can you make scarfs? Do you have a pic of the small basket hat. I know that you are busy, just checking!

Pgngrl has a hat all ready to go. Got home to see it and wish I could just keep it but I will wait. Keep an eye out for her in the marketplace this evening and if you have an issue with the 0 feedback. We were all there once!

I have really enjoyed reading all of the posts. There has been a little more action here then I had planned. I am putting my very first hat up in a few minutes. I have a few other items to complete before I can commit to anything new. I will post a different thread late next week. At that time it will be a first in and first out kind of deal. Although I would like to respond to every request that has been posted to date I am only one person.

What to expect next week.....
I will create a new post with 'regular' colors and price
First person to respond to the thread 'I would like to be on the list' is first in line for a hat
Second to do the same is second, and so on
I will keep the list on the first post( with a little help) and will get to work until the list is done.

Just please remember I am only one person and this is all from scratch...

That's great.

I hope your fingers are ready because I bet you're going to sell loads of those hats. I know I look forward to owning one.

A few thoughts:
-don't forget the people with large heads. Sometimes standard hats are a little tight on me.
-Are ear flaps an option?
-red/gold/green rasta color hats?
-100% wool?

The prototype looks great. Good luck.

She is working away and gearing up for an announcement late next week.
Large hats - She says they are pretty much a M-XL as they can stretch quite a bit.
Ear flaps - Not at this time
Rasta hats - You never know what she will make in her free time. Keep an eye on the market.
100% Wool - The material starts getting pricey.( also refer to above)

I must admit that I have been able to play a little more PS3 since this has begun so it has been nice but I might have to learn this stuff soon. :)