• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG one liners

If someone makes a really bad drive, or it hits a tree that is close to the pad I'll say "You would have been better off standing still."

homebrew said:
We had a round where my friend was having a bad day and was hitting trees left and right. On the way back to the car, I asked him for his driver and winged it right at the tree next to his car. "I figured you were trying to hit every tree on the course, and I noticed you missed that one." We both laughed for a long time and put that round behind us. I still smile thinking about it :)

Nice one. Reminds me of Days of Thunder, possible where you got the idea, where Robert Duvall tells Tom Cruise to go back out onto the race track and hit the pace car because he hit everything else on the track. Saying half of these mentioned one liners with a serious tone and face is what makes them so great.

if you want to psyche people out completely you do not have to say anything, just start banging throw ins and they are done.

smarkquart said:
homebrew said:
We had a round where my friend was having a bad day and was hitting trees left and right. On the way back to the car, I asked him for his driver and winged it right at the tree next to his car. "I figured you were trying to hit every tree on the course, and I noticed you missed that one." We both laughed for a long time and put that round behind us. I still smile thinking about it :)

Nice one. Reminds me of Days of Thunder, possible where you got the idea, where Robert Duvall tells Tom Cruise to go back out onto the race track and hit the pace car because he hit everything else on the track. Saying half of these mentioned one liners with a serious tone and face is what makes them so great.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that movie- but ya, just like it!

That HeeHaw disc is great, too

one of my favorites is after a low putt or really short approach. If I'm golfing with George and I know his wife's/girlfriend's/mom's name is Betty, I'll ask him "So Betty, what's George doing today?"
Also, I used this one today, if another guy throws it less than 100 feet, I'll keep walking past his disc so he has to remind me that he didn't throw it very far.

When I throw a bad shot on a really short, automatic birdie hole, I like to warn the other guys that the hole is almost impossible to get and they should watch out.

However, when I'm doing good I'm pretty quiet and almost embarrassed to receive a compliment. I never trash-talk if I'm leading anymore because I've had too many of those leads go away. I also like to act like it's happened before and have the silence work them more than any words could.

MattE said:
one of my favorites is after a low putt or really short approach. If I'm golfing with George and I know his wife's/girlfriend's/mom's name is Betty, I'll ask him "So Betty, what's George doing today?"
Also, I used this one today, if another guy throws it less than 100 feet, I'll keep walking past his disc so he has to remind me that he didn't throw it very far.

When I throw a bad shot on a really short, automatic birdie hole, I like to warn the other guys that the hole is almost impossible to get and they should watch out.

However, when I'm doing good I'm pretty quiet and almost embarrassed to receive a compliment. I never trash-talk if I'm leading anymore because I've had too many of those leads go away. I also like to act like it's happened before and have the silence work them more than any words could.

Do you usually use a Cheetah?

Doubles: Say you are not playing particularly well. You miss an easy putt, you say "Sorry partner. And by that I mean "Sorry...... partner"."

My typical doubles partner and I go back and forth on our Team name each hole. Depending on who did the work its either "Team Jon" or "Team Jer"...

On drives quite a bit off line.

"The hole hasn't been over there for years."

"That's RIGHT where grandma shits."

On putts that miss low (especially the Star Wars hole at Pier Park):

"Nice toss, Princess Lay-up."

"see where you are aiming at the baskets on putts?"

"Yea"

"aim about 6 inches higher"

Playing a casual round...a guy grip locked one really bad. One of the guys in the says..."Are you playing the same game as us?"

Another one...a guy was trying to bomb his drive and ripped a fart as he let go. He turns around and says...man...that one came out a bit hyzer...in referring to the fart.

after the group drives and you walk up to the shortest throw

"Oh, someone dropped one"