• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Related Nicknames

used to call this local at an old course i used to play at a lot simply the "rat' cuz he was the course rat and was always lingering around.

someone was posting some story on these boards a month or two ago. Said he called one of his buddies "grip lock". I like that one lol. I dont have a nickname, but one guy I play with sometimes is known as ste stag. Not because hes a big oaf or anything, From what I've been told he was down a blind fairway looking for a disc in the woods. The people behind him couldn't see him so they teed off, one guy throws a stag on a hyzer around the corner. As the disc comes down, the guy comes walking out of the woods and the stag connects. Nailed him right in the back, luckily not the head. I still dont know if this part is true or fluff, but the reason his buddies started calling stag, and eventually everyone else, is because after being hit by a stag, he aced the next hole at 225ft.

someone was posting some story on these boards a month or two ago. Said he called one of his buddies "grip lock". I like that one lol. I dont have a nickname, but one guy I play with sometimes is known as ste stag. Not because hes a big oaf or anything, From what I've been told he was down a blind fairway looking for a disc in the woods. The people behind him couldn't see him so they teed off, one guy throws a stag on a hyzer around the corner. As the disc comes down, the guy comes walking out of the woods and the stag connects. Nailed him right in the back, luckily not the head. I still dont know if this part is true or fluff, but the reason his buddies started calling stag, and eventually everyone else, is because after being hit by a stag, he aced the next hole at 225ft.

thats actually a good story. glad the dudes neck didnt get snapped. but you should always protect ya neck

i guess on a less sweet story a lot of people recognize me as the guy who throws stalkers. probably call me "the stalker" behind my back who knows hahaha

thats actually a good story. glad the dudes neck didnt get snapped. but you should always protect ya neck

i guess on a less sweet story a lot of people recognize me as the guy who throws stalkers. probably call me "the stalker" behind my back who knows hahaha

Yup... thats why... ;)

Had a buddy, seemed to hit more trees than anyone I have every seen.....uncanny. He had a good arm and usually put a pretty good licking on whatever tree he was victimizing. We often called him BuzzzSaw. He used to use it as his ink on discs as well. Wonder what happened to that dude?

I dunno what people call me on the course, but I'm sure I can't type it here without being censored.

Had a buddy, seemed to hit more trees than anyone I have every seen.....uncanny. He had a good arm and usually put a pretty good licking on whatever tree he was victimizing. We often called him BuzzzSaw. He used to use it as his ink on discs as well. Wonder what happened to that dude?
I would think MAC would be a good nickname for a player like that.

There is a local guy who plays Bevier in Waukegan. Super nice guy, but he's always smashed. An alcoholic for sure.

He is known as "Drinkerton".

Used to play with a guy and we called him Pinball because he would ricochete of off 3+ trees sometimes and still land in the fairway

We have a guy that we call Bogey. He isn't a bad player, but has been called that for a while.

We also have Van Galen. His name is Gale and he drives a van.

"two toes" or "sammy two toes"

something about my form, got it a couple of years ago.

funny story....

player A is the one that nicknamed me, and is the course clown

player B is a peer from a few towns away, we play the same tourneys

player A and B were hanging out in the shade during lunch break at a local event. Player B asks player A why people refer to me as "two toes", player B spins a bull**** yarn that it's because I only have two toes, the big ones.

Player B calls bull**** and player A is committed to his story. I happen to walk past having just finished the first round (I'd say about 100 feet away) and I hear player A yell "yo sammy why do they call you two toes?".

Having never really understood why I got pegged with that or why he was asking me having been the person that coined the name, I said the first thing that came to my mind... "because I only have two toes?"

Player B loses his ****! hooping and hollering asking me all sorts of questions about how I plant my foot etc. Thanks to him, the rumor has spread pretty far and there's a good group of people that are convinced of my "handicap".

There is a local guy who plays Bevier in Waukegan. Super nice guy, but he's always smashed. An alcoholic for sure.

He is known as "Drinkerton".

i just shipped a disc out there today. hahaha weird

Moose is mine and I wear it.

When I first started I threw almost all Tommahawks with a very long run up. One day one web teepad I slipped badly and didn't fall but kept slipping around and it took me a bit to come to a stop.

A friend commented that I looked like a "moose on rollerskates" and it stuck pretty quickly.

My main double parter is Two Chains becuase though he's a great putter he gets tons of long chain outs.

Emoney it is in every sport, including dg. Idk if ppl even know my first name lol

I mostly play without shoes, so I get "barefoot guy", "no shoes", etc. The best one I've gotten is "Jesus feet".

Latest posts