• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Related Nicknames

I don't really have a nick name, but people have made a saying from the way I used to always hit the bottom of the basket or the top chastity belt during my putts. My name is Mark and all my friends would go "oh he Marked it" any time somebody would hit the bottom or the top. Used to get me all flustered, but now I don't care since I'm banging chains!

My friend played with a guy once who kept asking his name until he finally said, "Dude, just call me Kevin."
Now that's his disc golf name. Whenever he's on the course, we'll call him Kevin. And it's always funny yelling "Nice shot Kevin."

The following are a list my favorite disc golf nicknames that were given to friends, but not necessarily by me.

Princess Lay-up: a guy I used to throw with in England that couldn't putt under pressure
Wezely: Just his name done in robot voice
Jack LaLanne: my friend that always wears grey sweatpants with matching sweatshirt to the course
Shinah the Beast: a woman that could pretty much out throw half the men in our winter league
Twinkle Toes: a professional male ballet dancer

Most Japanese that don't know English too well point to my face and say "Turbo Putt".

Brother in law has the nickname, Johnny Cotton Socks. Comes from his unwillingness to leave the fairway to look for his disc....rarely in the fairway. Stands in the fairway trying to direct others to the area he believes he threw his disc, for fear of getting his pretty white socks dirty.

Some nicknames round my way.

Papa bear. He had a dog that was a beast diver named bear. I guess the dogs name was remembered more? So he became papa bear.
Boogies. No idea. I'll have to ask next time I see him or someone who knows him.
Scumbag. Haven't met him but he's infamous. I think the nickname is a descriptor.
Ja'shawn. My best friend jason... Another friend made it up. Think it used to get on his nerves.
Rain delay. He used to play really slow and overthink everything.

Latest posts