• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG the fastest growing sport?

You probably never played 18 months of competitive Chess, though. It's hard to understand if you've never done any mental competitions, but it is exhausting by the end of it. You can burn some serious calories operating your brain at a high gear for hours on end.

I played 4 years. Even beat a state champion in the 4-mover. He cried like a little biaaaaaatch, it was classsic.

As Toledo HS chess champ (1971) and tournament player, I can attest to the calorie burning from nonstop chess action. The blinfold games took the most effort though. Those who can play blindfold chess may not help their disc golf game but can definitely be an asset for 3D visualization for mental "what iffing" in course design.

I don't like you Bro D and probably never will.

images

As Toledo HS chess champ (1971) and tournament player, I can attest to the calorie burning from nonstop chess action. The blinfold games took the most effort though. Those who can play blindfold chess may not help their disc golf game but can definitely be an asset for 3D visualization for mental "what iffing" in course design.

2nd attempt!!!!! First time it was taken down, right away. Don't respond to a thread if you can handle the truth CK!

That explains all the pitch 'n prays.

I guess my thing is I just hate hearing how Disc Golf is the fastest growing sport that you never heard of!!! If you have not heard of it then it's not growing that fast and definitely not the fastest. :wall:

I guess my thing is I just hate hearing how Disc Golf is the fastest growing sport that you never heard of!!! If you have not heard of it then it's not growing that fast and definitely not the fastest. :wall:

It all depends on the criteria used. It's definitely fast growing on a percentage basis. Then again, if the Snapching guys get 2 other players to play, they can claim 100% growth. But I suspect if you use the right criteria---sports with a national organization and a certain minimum size already---you can make an argument for "fastest growing sport".

It all depends on the criteria used. It's definitely fast growing on a percentage basis. Then again, if the Snapching guys get 2 other players to play, they can claim 100% growth. But I suspect if you use the right criteria---sports with a national organization and a certain minimum size already---you can make an argument for "fastest growing sport".
Well I really meant I just hate when people say that. Saying it is the fastest growing sport is fine but people need to leave out the"nobody ever heard of" line. Sorry should have explained myself a little better.