• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

I've found Breakers to be considerably more overstable than Aviars and their competitors. I will say that my Proline's starting to lose some fade, but I wouldn't expect a (new) JK out of the box. It's definitely a fantastic mold though and worth a look.

Ive been on the hunt for a new throwing my putter. My JK avairs are great on approach shots and shorter drives, but I have a tendency to turn them over on longer drives. I want a driving putter that is moderately overstable and more torque resistant than my aviars. Would the breaker fit the bill? I have been throwing the new Hawg but they are a little too overstable and not quite as versatile as I would like.

A fresh Breaker is going to be pretty overstable...just slightly less than a Zone.

^Yes sir! They're the best slightly OS putter I've had the pleasure of throwing. Aside from Dynamic Discs and Prodigy (I'm a hater) I've tried just about every one on the market.

Breakers are definitely a little faster than BB Aviars so do take that into consideration. Lower profile (more shallow) as well. If the two things I just mentioned don't scare you off then DEFINITELY give one a shot:thmbup:

I wouldn't call them "slightly" overstable. They were basically made to be a beaded Zone, and are just slightly less OS.

Breaker v. Zone

I've found Breakers to be considerably more overstable than Aviars and their competitors. I will say that my Proline's starting to lose some fade, but I wouldn't expect a (new) JK out of the box. It's definitely a fantastic mold though and worth a look.

Fully agree. The PL Breaker I've had in the bag for over a year is still pretty beefy, but has straightened out slightly, unlike my Zones, which have stayed pretty beefy. The Zones are Z plastic, though, so it's kind of apples and oranges.

I don't trust inbounds (no offense creator-that-comes-on-DGCR!) even a little...hell I don't trust any flight chart for the matter. I simply use them to look at all of the molds that share general similarities and pick for myself through personal experience and research.

Zone is WAY more overstable to me. I agree a Breaker will be more overstable than a 10/10 BB Aviar but I would say Breakers are closer in stability to the latter than a Zone. To each their own I suppose...could the distances we're throwing really cause that much difference in personal opinion?

EDIT: 3% difference between a Breaker/Zone and Breaker/BB Aviar

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR198103448595012565503777921OO

I can get Breakers and Zones out to around 260-270, but that's really pulling on them. On the course, it's more in the 230-245 range.

I ended up going back to PIAS and buying the proline breaker that i had fondled that led to my original post. Felt an SP one too but I like the feel of the proline better plus it was flatter. Ill report back on how I like it after I get a chance to play a few rounds with it.

P-line will be closer to what you want, as it is slightly less OS than SP. I tried P-line first but settled with SP since it was a Zone replacement for me.

Zones are def way more overstable than a breaker. I think the sp breakers fly like the numbers state, but the proline have much more glide and lose a lot of that overstable-Ness in a pretty short time. I wouldn't say the breakers are putters, they seem to fit in the approach category a bit better imo

ProLine Breakers (at least for me at around 240-250) are far more OS than my Wizards, but not as OS as my Hybrid Z Zone...

I have some EVO wizards that are very beefy. I can get them out pretty far. That's why they are almost kicking the breakers out the bag for approach shots.

Full power evo wizard VS powered down Proline breaker..... Decisions decisions

I wouldn't say the breakers are putters, they seem to fit in the approach category a bit better imo

I totally agree with this statement, but I do putt with my Breaker occasionally when I have a wicked headwind and I can't trust my Omega SS not to grow wings.

Finally getting around to posting. So far I really like my proline breaker and its gone straight into my bag. It is pretty beefy, but that being said its the best overstable putter I have thrown and I really like it for short FH drives and approaches. Ive paired it with a flat-top dx rhyno which is a little less stable and will beat in a little faster to that very slightly OS putter I was originally looking for, and then my beat JK as my straight to US putter. So much for minimizing the molds in my bag...

I stepped away from the Breaker for a while but they're back in the bag and I'm kicking myself for ever taking them out. One of the best upshot and driving putters out there.

I stepped away from the Breaker for a while but they're back in the bag and I'm kicking myself for ever taking them out. One of the best upshot and driving putters out there.

Ditto all this. I like the "tweener" description, because it fits for both range and OS. But that synonymous characterization, "utility disc," had me questioning my need for it, and I foolishly shelved it.

I got re-inspired when the Midnight Flyer #2 Breaker came out. Thinking about its versatility for glow rounds got me thinking about its versatility for all rounds. It's super useful, and I rely on it most for FH approaches and putter range drives in the wind.

I prefer the SP/MF over the less OS Proline plastic, but if you're looking for a more durable option with Proline flight, try a Ledgestone Cryztal FLX Ringer. I got one to confirm it's identical to the Breaker, and they are indeed the same disc.

I used the Ringer and the breaker for a few seasons until this season. I now use Salient Vaccine in the liquid plastic and the Karbon. The liquid version is about 95% identical to a SP Breaker.

I have one still in the mailer that I bought for myself for Father's Month that starts Sunday. You can share in my anticipation.

I used the Ringer and the breaker for a few seasons until this season. I now use Salient Vaccine in the liquid plastic and the Karbon. The liquid version is about 95% identical to a SP Breaker.

I'm sorry.

I have one still in the mailer that I bought for myself for Father's Month that starts Sunday. You can share in my anticipation.

I'm curious if they're D Titanic stiff or D Steady soft. I'm also interested how the top molded up. I've noticed some of the new SP Breakers actually have a bit of dome.

Breaker is such a fun and useful disc. This disc is so smooth for short range forehand shots and tomahawks. I enjoy throwing this for stable backhand as well. Love watching the glow fight from the Midnight Flyer 2 so cool!

I could barely sleep last night. There better be a YouTube video of this unboxing or I'm gonna feel severely let down.

Latest posts