• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

The breaker is definitely in between a ringer and zone. I ended up having to use it for putting due to the strong winds on Saturday. I also tried to use it on a few drives but didn't have any luck. I put too much hyzer on it thinking the wind would flip it up and it never did....did several unintentional spike hyzers because of it.

It has found a place in my swedish filled bag.

I love the Breaker's feel in my hand. I spent a long time deciding on the Ion for my go to putter, mainly because I loved the feel of that disc too, but now I might even switch to the Breaker as my regular putter.

I would also like to explore putters with similar features, but less stability. Anyone know of Putt and Approach discs with similar features:

Low flat profile
Easy grip top
Big bead rim

Was feeling up my friend's Breaker he got from AM St Patty's in CA.... and I want one. Picked up a Zone today though.. have never been a Discraft guy (As you can see from my signature) but I've been wanting a crazy over-stable mid/putter-ish disc for a while. Wish I heard about the Breaker sooner, would of pre-ordered one. All every online retailer has left in max weight is beige :gross:

I think you ended up making a good choice. Since you already have a premo Pure and a SS Wizard, I would just make the jump all the way to beefiest putter you can find. The SS Wizards that I've thrown were easily as o/s (or more) as any Ringer so you might have ended up with overlap.

My SS Wizards are pretty beat. They're still over-stable enough to where I could drive/putt with em in the wind.. but there definitely wouldn't of been any overlap Haha Hoping my friend starts throwing his Breaker so I can give it a throw.

Just got a few putters in the mail: BT Swan, Breaker, and Fuzion Suspect.

I haven't thrown the Breaker yet, but I really like its shape and mold, but I don't like the plastic. It feels hard and slick/slippery compared to the Fuzion and BT.

Fuzion Suspect on left and a Breaker on the right.

You can see the dome of the Breaker pops up a bit. It's also slightly taller. I like them both :)

Does anyone else's Breaker have very fine circles throughout the bottom of the disc? Mine is very finely circled like tiny grooves of a vinyl record.

Last edited:
Yes...all the breakers I have seen/felt have the old z grooves in the plastic. Might all be in my head, but I think it helps with the grip.

Played some more in the wind today. The breaker was a solid performer again for anything 250 and in that had room for some hyzer.

Fondled some today and talked to some of the dga pros at st pattys. Sounds like a perfect slot between my zone and star xd. Going to go ahead and pick one up tomorrow. I think I'll have a solid "wedge" lineup between the zone-breaker-star xd. Watch out holes 200-275ft.

You can see the dome of the Breaker pops up a bit. It's also slightly taller. I like them both :)

Does anyone else's Breaker have very fine circles throughout the bottom of the disc? Mine is very finely circled like tiny grooves of a vinyl record.

You suck for having both :(

I think you meant lucid suspect