• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

Those #2 MF'er are the toughest of the series to find, so you might want to shelve it. I like mine too, but I don't even bag it in my glow bag anymore after I realized what a challenge finding a replacement would be. I'm trying to collect the whole set

When's #6 dropping?

Received a package from Sias with a great thank you note! Couldn't ask for a better transaction. Also, these are super gummy! Testing has shown my glow to be most overstable, and the SP and SP FLX seem to be similar. The SP has been thrown all season.

order of stability:

Glow midnight flyer
SP
Purple SP FLX
Yellow SP FLX

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_130311.jpg
    IMG_20190617_130311.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 38
When's #6 dropping?

They've been all over the place with MF'er release dates

#1 Squall dropped March 2014
#2 Breaker and #3 Hurricane were released in 2015 (Spring? & December)
#4 Steady was available November 2016
#5 Tsunami came out December 2017

I was hoping the early release trend would continue, but this is officially the longest it's taken for one to drop. I blame the McBeth effect. Between the increased demand for DC and his new discs, my guess is DGA isn't very high on the DC factory priority list.

I was hoping the early release trend would continue, but this is officially the longest it's taken for one to drop. I blame the McBeth effect. Between the increased demand for DC and his new discs, my guess is DGA isn't very high on the DC factory priority list.

Whatchu reckon? #6 Rogue? Aftershock?

You know what I'd like to see....#6 Glowfly.

I get it, DGA was even forced to drop the Proline Titanic at the moment due to the new Paul effect of Discraft. I ended up with a dud of a disc, a Proline Titanic in the mold the spacer was left out and the disc came almost like old ESP FLX but in Proline plastic. I know it is a Titanic mold due to how the top is shaped even if the top came with a dent in it.

I get it, DGA was even forced to drop the Proline Titanic at the moment due to the new Paul effect of Discraft. I ended up with a dud of a disc, a Proline Titanic in the mold the spacer was left out and the disc came almost like old ESP FLX but in Proline plastic. I know it is a Titanic mold due to how the top is shaped even if the top came with a dent in it.

Bruh.

A Titanic missing the spacer is a Magnet plain and simple. Either you're crazy or you got a super unique "ESP" Magnet. FLX plastic has NOTHING to do with the spacer. It's NOT a Titanic mold if it's missing the spacer...it's a Magnet.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Bruh.

A Titanic missing the spacer is a Magnet plain and simple. Either you're crazy or you got a super unique "ESP" Magnet. FLX plastic has NOTHING to do with the spacer. It's NOT a Titanic mold if it's missing the spacer...it's a Magnet.

It has the Titanic stamp on it and has a spacer but the spacer is more in line with the wing then the nose up so it has a wider wing then a Magnet with almost a bead near the nose of the wing. So it is missing the proper Spacer as I said before just missing the cross hatching on the on patch on the inside rim part. Have another disc I got from same seller that is a Prostyle Titanic but without the cross hatch patch on the inside and has instead the Magnet patent where the cross hatching should be.

Whatchu reckon? #6 Rogue? Aftershock?

You know what I'd like to see....#6 Glowfly.

My Midnight Flyer speculation over the years:

They definetly made a great glow formula. I hope they figure out I want the whole set. Here's my wish list:
2 - Breaker
3 - Aftershock
4 - Undertow (brighter glow would be sweet)
5 - Tsunami
6 - Hurricane
7 - Torrent?
I want a putter, too, but Glow Titanic might be too wishful. Glow Reef however.....

I doubt this will ever happen, but I think DGA picked the perfect anniversary glow disc mold. I do anticipate DGA will release more glow tourney discs, though.

I'm loving how DGA is putting out a new Midnight Flyer mold each year, and I'm also excited to see which one they pick for #4. My guess is the Steady.

Called it (sorry couldn't help myself)

It's my favorite feeling Midnight Flyer. More flex and grip than Prolines, and solid glow.

Let's see if I can go 2 for 2. While the Pipeline seems most likely, I'm going with the Aftershock for #5.

Looking back, I can't believe how close I was back in 2014. Did DGA use my OG wishlist?

Anyway, the Aftershock makes the most sense, and a Glowfly would be awesome

I'd love to get my hands on some midnight flyer hurricanes. The #4 steady is a money driving putter.

Anyone had the chance to throw a special blend breaker? I am not familiar with the plastic but have ordered one from OTBDISCS.COM out of curiosity. The only thing I could find, was a vague comparison similar to cryztal plastic, hopefully more overstable

Anyone had the chance to throw a special blend breaker? I am not familiar with the plastic but have ordered one from OTBDISCS.COM out of curiosity. The only thing I could find, was a vague comparison similar to cryztal plastic, hopefully more overstable

Yes. It's quite stiff compared to SparklePony Line. I didn't notice much difference in terms of stability. Muted colors - silver, copper, etc.

Some SP line Breakers get a bit domey. I find that the Special Blend molds up flat. All of my ProLines are flat (taking into account the Rhino-esque thumbtrack thingy). My sample size of SB discs is 5. I had a few different runs.

Since you noticed them via OTB, just check for your preference dome-wise.

To note, I prefer ProLine Breakers.

I have a SB and a Flex Proline Breaker on the way. . i like my Proline Breakers but sometimes i feel the plastic is a hair to slick

Yes. It's quite stiff compared to SparklePony Line. I didn't notice much difference in terms of stability. Muted colors - silver, copper, etc.

Some SP line Breakers get a bit domey. I find that the Special Blend molds up flat. All of my ProLines are flat (taking into account the Rhino-esque thumbtrack thingy). My sample size of SB discs is 5. I had a few different runs.

Since you noticed them via OTB, just check for your preference dome-wise.

To note, I prefer ProLine Breakers.

I have a" sparklePony" that I love. It's just seasoned, and requires a complement. I ordered a Clearish special blend, and avoided the muted colors. I may have to just come to the fact, I'll need a zone

Me too, Owensjef... I want the Breaker to be "my" Zone. Alas, it is not quite doing the trick. But, it is one of the best FEELING discs in hand that I throw. I can't click with the chunky Zone rim. The Jokeri isn't OS enough. The Ecplise Envy is great, too. Same issue, though. And, my beloved Gators are too fast for all approach duties. I think I need to try an A1.

My secret is the OBSIDIAN DISCS SPLINTER! It is the most OS putter I have thrown. I am not including Stegos here... That's a fun disc. But, it is not practical for regular rounds (for me, anyway).

The second run Splinter is so OS that it was not produced in weights over 166 grams. In hand, it feels like a puddle topped Harp but in a VERY soft plastic blend.

A1 is pretty ridiculously overstable and kind of a unique rim shape, big bead, super high wing shape. I think you'll find you'll have the same issue as the Gator though with it being a little too fast.

Breaker is overstable enough for 90% of what I need an OS putter for and after that it's Stego territory.

There a beat up zone in the bag. Used it 3 times, and breaker 4. Felt like a good compliment we'll see how stable the new special blend is.

agree on the slick part 100%

I have Proline Titanic discs and those are not slick at all, grip is the problem with those discs. In the very beginning Proline is slick but then as disc in Proline plastic gets to that slight broken in the plastic gets grip and the grip can be a problem. Temperature can affect how much grip these discs have too once at the slight broken in stage. Also some come with an odd wax on the disc one of my backups Proline Titanic discs is like this, hoping it comes off eventually.