• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

Read thru posts #38-63 for a good summary of what to expect. I've found them to be fairly consistent. Like others have said, domey ones have extra glide, and flat ones are better headwind fighters, but most are in the middle.

Bump for the Dga Destroyer. I dont like the new proline plastic. Little too gummy and they are coming out flat. Still a great disc for distance with control.

Moved to texas and wood golf doesnt work for the Mayhems/Cranks i was throwing. Back to the Hurricane and im loving it so far.

Anyone else?

The last Hurricane I threw was metal flake Z (?) plastic. Really overstable and fairly short. Reminded me a lot of a McBeth star Destroyer or a Proto Kong. By no means a hopeless driver, but not a long flier for me. Almost relentlessly beefy. I'd absolutely mash on the Hurricane only to see it die out kinda short. Probably 375' max distance. I feel like I should have been getting another 25'.

A solid 3/5 stars. Plenty of better options available in that speed/stability slot. I'd choose a Destroyer over the Hurricane every time.

Last edited:
Bump for the Dga Destroyer. I dont like the new proline plastic. Little too gummy and they are coming out flat. Still a great disc for distance with control.

Moved to texas and wood golf doesnt work for the Mayhems/Cranks i was throwing. Back to the Hurricane and im loving it so far.

Anyone else?

I'm a Hurricane fan as well. My Tour Series is gummy like the new Proline, but it does have a bit more dome. Might be worth looking into if you prefer that style of Hurricane.

I tried out some P Line Hurricanes in attempt to find a straighter Force. I didn't have much success dialing them in and settled on lighter Z Forces. I agree that new P line is really gummy.

Still loving my Midnight Flyer Hurricane. It pretty much stays in my small bag. I'll add a Proline Flex, and a SP Flex if it's windy, to my big bag. I also have a SP that I really like, but struggle to justify bagging.

The Midnight Flyer is the straightest for me. It's the Hurricane I feel the most in control of. I also really like the feel of the more opaque MF blend (some came out more clear, less grippy).

The PL Flex has a similar grip, and while the extra dome adds distance, it makes controlling its flight tougher for me. But it's my longest driver, so I'll bust it out when I have the space and not too much wind.

The SP Flex is a great headwind driver. It's pretty much the only time I'll use it, but I can throw it into 10+mph like my other Hurricanes and it won't flip over. I also love the blend. I hope DGA makes more (I have SP Flex Breakers, and I know there's SP Flex Sails out there).

The SP used to be my long driver until I got the PL Flex. It's the easier of the 2 to control, but I prefer the MF when precision is crucial and the PL Flex bombs. So its been shelved

Sweet! What do you think about them? How do they make you feel?

Well, Baldwin SP Hurricanes were great. So great that people wanted them so I gave them for free. Fast, glidy and long.

Now I have those earlier run PL Hurricanes. Not good at all. Fast, not so long and absolutely no glide. I can give these for free too but none wants them.

So if you find SP Baldwin Hurricanes buy them. Especially those which game out after his worlds win.

I'm reading this topic in an extremely pulp fiction way... English mother****er, do you speak it?????

I wasn't bashing anyone. The phrasing just reminded me of that iconic quote.

Even naitive English speakers don't have proper grammar sometimes :rolleyes: I give most people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to grammar online. Especially here where we have a lot of ESL posters. There are definitely some very hard to read posts, but the main culprits don't typically post in DGA threads :D

back on topic though - one of my Shasta PL FLX Hurricanes I threw most of winter is now quite flippy. It started out as an out-of-box bomber, now it's great for tailwinds and long turnover drives. Will have to cycle in a new one - I have 4 others but 1 of the 2 I've carried all winter is quite overstable, so I might have a mixed bag of stability waiting to be figured out.

Last edited:
He's quoting the moving Pulp Fiction. Maybe set aside three hours to watch it during this quarantine, it will be good for you.

Yeah I've seen it (several times) But forgive me, the movie is old and so am I. I just don't think the reference was that funny.

Any one thrown the ICE BLEND HURRICANE- 2020 Ledgestone Edition?

How does it fit in the Hurricane line? More or less stable than the SP?

I'm a Hurricane fan as well. My Tour Series is gummy like the new Proline, but it does have a bit more dome. Might be worth looking into if you prefer that style of Hurricane.

Just got 2 of the tour series in the mail.
LOVE the feel of these!!
My 2 have a stiff rim and a gummy DOMEY flight plate. They remind me of the old green echostar destroyers.

I havent thrown these yet and i hope they arent meathooks. I will stock up if they perform. They feel more like ESP plastic than the dga proline.

LOVE the feel of these!!
My 2 have a stiff rim and a gummy DOMEY flight plate. They remind me of the old green echostar destroyers.

I havent thrown these yet and i hope they arent meathooks. I will stock up if they perform. They feel more like ESP plastic than the dga proline.

honestly they can be either out of the box flippy or a nice wind fighter :\ I love the plastic too but it's kind of a crapshoot.

LOVE the feel of these!!

My sample size of one is pretty neutral for a Hurricane. I suck and I can get it to fly pretty well.

Latest posts