• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite Portable Basket

I'm thinking about ordering one. Who has one and whats your experience with it? It seems to be the best portable basket out there, am i wrong to assume that? Also what website should I order from, I've never ordered anything disc golf on the internet(I pick up disc locally) so i have NO experience with any Disc Golf Website. Fast help would be greatly appreciated gonna most likely order tonight. Thanks again guys.

BUY ONE! i had one and was in a pinch so i sold it..and now i want another. its a great basket. the little wind thing on top got broke off when a putt went high and the plastic rod snapped...was useless anyways. i believe i got my from gggt and on most shipping is free via ground shipping.

again. i was very please with the inner and outer chains, as well as the 'case/bag' it came in for transpoort

i inherited one that was about a year and a half old. was in pretty bad shape. a year later and its on its last leg.

if you get one, keep it away from the elements. they degrade a lot faster than most practice baskets.

i inherited one that was about a year and a half old. was in pretty bad shape. a year later and its on its last leg.

if you get one, keep it away from the elements. they degrade a lot faster than most practice baskets.

I've had mine outside 24/7 literally for about 3-4 years now and it hasn't even discolored. None of the legs are broken either.

Now that I think about it, I used to have an InStep basket too, but it rusted over at the base. The Mach Lite is still going strong, and they were about ten feet apart in my backyard.

The Mach Lite isn't made to be a permanent practice basket though, that's part of what I like about it. No other "portable" basket has as good of a catching area, and its the same size as the baskets on the course. Weighs right around 25 pounds

Mach Lite

Just ordered me one on Sunday after much debate and and opinion asking here on the forum. I ordered mine on Ebay from Dynamic Discs. for $138.95 plus free shipping. The reason I ordered from them was the estimated shipping time of between March 16th-17th! I repeat I ordered this on Sunday afternoon. there are alot of places saling it for the same with free shipping (Gotta Go Gotta Throw, Marshall street, etc...).

Here is a link to my thread. Lots of info in it.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31372

mines been is sunny socal. maybe thats the prob.

great catcher...but, if you get one, keep it out of the sun.

I have two mach lites, one of them is about a year and a half old and the other is close to a year old. They catch pretty darn well, are easy to move and set up, and have held up really well so far.

mach lite

I havent got mine yet but i plan on keeping mine in the garage when not in use. Should get more life out of it that way. Love how is got a bag to store it in. Cant wait!

mines been is sunny socal. maybe thats the prob.

great catcher...but, if you get one, keep it out of the sun.

is it any sunnier in California than it is here in Tejas? :p

...but seriously, UV rays will probably disintegrate the mesh netting on your basket.

If I don't want to move mine inside, I just break everything down but the base, and slide the case over. Kind of like covering the grill here in the midwest.

Love mine. It hasn't spent much time outside yet, but it feels pretty sturdy.

Love the cahins. They're about as close to the real thing as you can expect from a lightweight basket. Sizewise it's great,and the dual chains keep blowthroughs to a minimum. Due to the lighter chains than regular baskets, distance putts can bash through a bit though.

The portability is great. It literally takes less than two minutes from being bagged in the trunk of my car, to ready to catch.

VERY happy with my purchase on this one!

I will just piggyback on this thread instead of starting a whole new one myself

It seems there is some love out here for the DGA Mach Lite. I think the Innova traveler (one with a single ring of chains, green felt basket) looks like a piece of garbage. As I have begun researching these, I'm very curious to hear community reaction to the Innova discatcher sport, the one with a mesh basket and ring of mesh around the chains.

For some odd reason I really like the look of this one. The basket seems a bit more portable than the others, comes with stakes to put it in the ground. I liked the feel of short putts trying it out in the store, and appreciated the quiter sound, in case I feel like some indoor putt practice (The guy at GGGT made it sound like this was a common issue).

Anyone want to convince me that this wouldn't be the best option?

I have one and love it. One problem though, i've had it about 6 months and some of the stitching is starting to come undone. Not sure if this is normal or if i just got lucky.

innova

I could be wrong but i thought the disccatcher sport was all metal and not as portable. Are u talking about the innova skillshot maybe?