• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Pipeline

By the way...if you can find yourself a JB Signature Edition Pipeline, snag one. They're the bee's knees.

I've almost bought one from the factory store since they've dropped them to $20, so...

JB Pipelines are just PL Pipelines with a cool stamp
Change my mind

Not really. The plastic seems different. In my opinion, this mix should replace the current proline mix.

I've contemplated picking up a couple more at $20 a piece, but with them being such a limited run, I don't want to get attached to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The plastic seems different. In my opinion, this mix should replace the current proline mix.

I've contemplated picking up a couple more at $20 a piece, but with them being such a limited run, I don't want to get attached to them.

Is the JB blend more like the gummy First Flight blend or the stiffer 2nd run?

Brandon, keeps us posted on your progress. I'll be interested to hear how the new signature proline flies for you. It's a little more flexier than a regular pipeline.

By the way...if you can find yourself a JB Signature Edition Pipeline, snag one. They're the bee's knees.

The sig pipeline is the flexiest out of the group that I have. It's also got a tick more high speed turn when new compared to SP and PL of the same weight.

Unfortunately I lost it in some very tall grass yesterday. Going out this morning to see if I can find it. If I can't I don't know if I'll order any more tour series this season. Bought 4 hurricanes, since they are a bit more overstable than stock PL/SP. Might just work on beating in the FF and PL pipelines I have instead. I try not to get attached to limited runs also (but I do love some jawbreaker wasps)

Last edited:
How's the stability spectrum on these, generally speaking? The 169 PL I have is quite a bit more flippy than the Sig PL.

In my limited experience, it seems from least stable to most stable:
PL > Sig PL > First Flight > SP

I don't have very many specimens of each to base this off of though. My 169 PL is like a flippy mantis

How's the stability spectrum on these, generally speaking? The 169 PL I have is quite a bit more flippy than the Sig PL.

In my limited experience, it seems from least stable to most stable:
PL > Sig PL > First Flight > SP

I don't have very many specimens of each to base this off of though. My 169 PL is like a flippy mantis

The SP's definitely have the most stability. As for the prolines(non-sig), it depends. I have a couple of non-FF's that fly just like FF's. I've also hada couple of non-FF's that fly less stable than the new Sig lines...but have only seen a couple that were like that.

JB Pipelines are just PL Pipelines with a cool stamp
Change my mind

I did speak with Sylvia at the DGA warehouse this morning about the JB Pipelines. She stated that they're definitely not like any other Pipelines and we probably won't see them run in that plastic mix ever again :(

Checkout this beauty that came in the mail today.

0de31a3738425684bdfc8229ccbe72f9.jpg

If you don't want to throw it, I'd be glad to!

The lighter, flippy PL pipeline I have is a 168, and it's basically as close to a perfect match for my flippy mantis as you could hope for out of a different mold. So, the pipeline and predator have officially taken over all fairway/control drive duties.

Bumping this thread to show some love for the Pipeline. I'm loving this disc and it's quickly becoming a go to for me. It isn't too bothered by the wind and it's very versatile so it can be used for a variety of shots; the Proline plastic feels great as well. I'll have to pick up an SP to compare and maybe get a little more overstability. At the moment there seems to be a pretty big gap stability wise between the Pipeline and the Banzai for me.

So I had a pro line pipeline and I lost it. I loved the flight but not the feel. Anyone know what other disc flies the same but comes in a different plastic?

Was the plastic slick? What color? First Flight or nah?

And when you say you loved the flight, how long did you throw it before it clicked with you?
The reason I ask is most Proline Pipelines fly straight with fade out of the box and will lose that HSS quickly. The new Tour Pipelines are flippy out of the box in a nice grippy blend.

As far as comparisons, the Undertaker seems to be fairly close. I threw a TL years back, and I remember it flying similar. Maybe go TL3 for straighter or Leo3 for flippier. These are all guesses. Sidewinder? Valk? Thief? Mantis? FD? F5?

As far as comparisons, the Undertaker seems to be fairly close.

I do see a lot of people say this, but I've found my stack of pipelines (lot of different plastics) to all be much flippier than every undertaker I've thrown. I'd compare the pipeline to a leopard3, will hyzer flip to flat but if thrown flat with decent power it will turn.

I do see a lot of people say this, but I've found my stack of pipelines (lot of different plastics) to all be much flippier than every undertaker I've thrown. I'd compare the pipeline to a leopard3, will hyzer flip to flat but if thrown flat with decent power it will turn.

So the Pipeline is closer to a Stalker than a Undertaker? Or even more US than the Stalker?

So the Pipeline is closer to a Stalker than a Undertaker? Or even more US than the Stalker?

In my experience, a lot closer to a stalker. Maybe even with a little more turn when brand new. It's a great hyzer flip disc, but I would say the undertaker can handle quite a bit more power

In my experience, a lot closer to a stalker. Maybe even with a little more turn when brand new. It's a great hyzer flip disc, but I would say the undertaker can handle quite a bit more power

Do you throw the SP's at all? If so are they flat or domey?

Latest posts