• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Pipeline

Was the plastic slick? What color? First Flight or nah?

And when you say you loved the flight, how long did you throw it before it clicked with you?
The reason I ask is most Proline Pipelines fly straight with fade out of the box and will lose that HSS quickly. The new Tour Pipelines are flippy out of the box in a nice grippy blend.

As far as comparisons, the Undertaker seems to be fairly close. I threw a TL years back, and I remember it flying similar. Maybe go TL3 for straighter or Leo3 for flippier. These are all guesses. Sidewinder? Valk? Thief? Mantis? FD? F5?

Yes, the plastic was too slick. It was a purple color. Not First Flight. I clicked with it right away. For me it had a slight "s" to the flight but overall straight. Maybe I'll try a Star Leo3. I have a DX Leo3 and I liked it when it was new.

So i tried a ff proline pipeline when they first came out. The first 3 throws were -1 turn. After that, the stability was lost and it almost became a roller disc very quickly. That was a few years ago.

Last week i ordered a sparkle pipeline. Out the box its -1 turn. I hope it holds this stability longer than the proline did. This fills a slot between my beefy mvp volt and my super flippy discraft mantis

How do the Swirly Proline Flex Pipelines fly? Ive been loving the feel of the swirl proline flex plastic with this Steady BL. Wonder if they will click better with me than the SP's Ive thrown so far.

How do the Swirly Proline Flex Pipelines fly? Ive been loving the feel of the swirl proline flex plastic with this Steady BL. Wonder if they will click better with me than the SP's Ive thrown so far.

Probably the least stable pipeline currently. I really like throwing mine in the woods for hyzer flip to flat with a very straight finish or slight right finish(rhbh). If I throw it flat it will hold over and not come out of the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think I figured out why I was finding the Pipeline so understable.

Last year, I finally figured out real 'nose down' angles, and was super overcompensating with a ton of nose down. Now this year, I've been working on a more neutral nose angle and am finding out that some of my issues last year were because of the extreme nose down angles I was trying to throw with.

Since I've figured this out I've decided to revisit the pipeline - especially because the Uli Raptors are quite a bit straighter than the standard runs, and will slot perfectly in next to the pipeline where they would slightly overlap with Undertakers.

VictorB may have just answered my question, but what is everyone using as an overstable compliment to the Pipeline? I'm not a huge fan of the bead on the Banzai, and I don't think I have the arm to use a Predator as anything more an a utility disc. I'm currently testing a Tsunami, and I like it more than the Banzai, but the rim feels a bit sharp/uncomfortable. I'd like to stay in the Discraft/DGA family, Anax? Raptor? Something else?

Is the hellfire too fast for that slot? I've not thrown one.

I think you can easily find what you are wanting between the Anax, Raptor, or Tsunami. Keep in mind, my experience with stock run raptors is that they are pretty close to a predator - the 2.1 rating is not that far away from the 2.5 of a predator.

Is the hellfire too fast for that slot? I've not thrown one.

I think you can easily find what you are wanting between the Anax, Raptor, or Tsunami. Keep in mind, my experience with stock run raptors is that they are pretty close to a predator - the 2.1 rating is not that far away from the 2.5 of a predator.

Too fast and overstable, it's a utility disc for me.

I've heard the Anax has a similar rim to the Tsunami, any comparisons between the Anax and Raptor? Which is typically more overstable?

VictorB may have just answered my question, but what is everyone using as an overstable compliment to the Pipeline? I'm not a huge fan of the bead on the Banzai, and I don't think I have the arm to use a Predator as anything more an a utility disc. I'm currently testing a Tsunami, and I like it more than the Banzai, but the rim feels a bit sharp/uncomfortable. I'd like to stay in the Discraft/DGA family, Anax? Raptor? Something else?

2nd run sp pipeline maybe?

I've honestly not thrown the Anax so couldn't tell you. The tour series raptors seem less overstable than stock runs so probably somewhere close to a tsunami

In my stack of what I thought were just SP Pipelines, I have a couple labeled "SP-PL" and are kind of an opaque SP. Was this actually a thing? The one SP-PL I was throwing yesterday was almost roller disc flippy when compared to my Tour Series and First Flight

Alright guys, talk to me about your Pipelines. I have seen videos and I think this mold has potential to anchor the middle of my fairway lineup. I typically throw upper 160's Stags in this spot and I think a Pro Pipeline in the same weight range looks like a dead ringer for a Stag replacement. What I am curious about is if a max weight SP Pipeline is stable enough to be a straight-to-fade disc. I typically throw fairways in the 300' range and I am at elevation, so discs do tend to fly a bit more stable for me here.

Alright guys, talk to me about your Pipelines. I have seen videos and I think this mold has potential to anchor the middle of my fairway lineup. I typically throw upper 160's Stags in this spot and I think a Pro Pipeline in the same weight range looks like a dead ringer for a Stag replacement. What I am curious about is if a max weight SP Pipeline is stable enough to be a straight-to-fade disc. I typically throw fairways in the 300' range and I am at elevation, so discs do tend to fly a bit more stable for me here.

They may be stable enough for you. I throw stalkers in the 330-340 range, and undertakers in the 350-360 range. I found them to be a hyzer flip to flat disc. Not straight to fade unless I backed oof of it a lot. Elevation difference and your range with fairways might work out well though.

If you try them and like them - I'm sitting on a stack I'll probably never throw again, let me know if you're interested and I can cut you a deal.

Are your Stags not stable enough to cover that straight to fade line? I used to throw Stags and now I throw Pipelines. I think they're pretty similar, but I definitely don't think the typical Pipeline is any more overstable than a typical Stag.

Pipelines are my straight to reliable fade discs for 300' at 2200' in elevation in both plastics. SP's are a touch more stable on average than PL's. I think all of mine are 170-174g.

I have not thrown any Pipeline that is straight to fade. They have all been at least -1 turn out the box. I use these as my understable fairway. The flight numbers are wrong. I also would not trust these in any wind.

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. I think the Pipeline may be exactly what I'm looking for. Just ordered a 173 SP and 167 PL to see what kind of stability separation the mold offers in the different plastics and weights. Looking forward to throwing these next to my Stags when they arrive.

They may be stable enough for you. I throw stalkers in the 330-340 range, and undertakers in the 350-360 range. I found them to be a hyzer flip to flat disc. Not straight to fade unless I backed oof of it a lot. Elevation difference and your range with fairways might work out well though.

If you try them and like them - I'm sitting on a stack I'll probably never throw again, let me know if you're interested and I can cut you a deal.

Yeah straight discs are funny things. Even a 30'-50' power difference can drastically affect flight. And then elevation on top of that. I'll keep your offer in mind if I end up liking the ones I ordered. I am definitely a backup disc hoarder.

Are your Stags not stable enough to cover that straight to fade line? I used to throw Stags and now I throw Pipelines. I think they're pretty similar, but I definitely don't think the typical Pipeline is any more overstable than a typical Stag.

I love my Stags, both fresh (straight-to-fade if given a touch of hyzer) and super beat (-2 turn, 1 fade) and everything in between. The problem is that I am running low on inventory, they have been sold out everywhere for over 6 months now, and they were a pretty low supply disc even prior to COVID. Also, I like the thought of a Stag-like disc that stays fresh longer. I'm hoping a heavy SP Pipeline will retain that initial flight characteristic longer than Stags do, and that a mid-weight PL Pipeline will beat in like a Stag.

Pipelines are my straight to reliable fade discs for 300' at 2200' in elevation in both plastics. SP's are a touch more stable on average than PL's. I think all of mine are 170-174g.

This is very encouraging especially because we are basically throwing at the same power level. I know the Prolines have a reputation for beating in pretty quick, so the the SP flight you described plus a 2-3 month old Proline sounds like a winning combo.

I have not thrown any Pipeline that is straight to fade. They have all been at least -1 turn out the box. I use these as my understable fairway. The flight numbers are wrong. I also would not trust these in any wind.

How far do you throw? I'm curious if you have quite a bit more arm than me.

Latest posts