• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

:thmbdown:

It was my first throw for that hole, though.

:(

I made an ace at a temp course at my school, and it was into a basket, and it still does not count because it was not a recognized course.
Object courses at your house are not aces, but if you are hitting aces on your home course, then maybe soon you will have the real deal.

Mark me down for deleted within the hour, and just to help it along,

Penis. Peeenis. PENIS!!!!!

...penis.

I'd have to agree, it's not an ace. Was it a great shot? Absolutely, but the criteria for an ace is pretty clear. I've had a few that are kind of like this though, so I see where you're coming from. I had a group of friends witness a mulligan ace that I made (in anger) after shanking my first drive. Every one of them wanted to sign my disc, but I just don't think of it as an ace so I didn't let them. It does go to show that there are some people out there that have different opinions on the matter though.

there has not been an "Is this an ace" thread in a while, but in 2009 they were sprouting up every other day, so it is a taboo topic, that is why people are taking bets on the life of the thread.

It is also not an ace if your name is Cubby

I was just playing a few holes today in front of my house that I made up, aiming at trees, street signs, etc. One hole was about 175-200' I think, and I threw my putter and if that tree was a basket... I would've totally hit center chains.

Can I count that as an ace for my record?
:popcorn:

Absolutely.

OK back home we used to have what we called nomad tournaments. We brought our own baskets to the disc golf course, and set up new layouts. Once we were on the other side of the park, but still at a recognized course, and I hit an ace from about three hundred and thirty feet. It was in my basket to boot. Do I get credit for it? Real basket, real course, real tournament, and real ace pot pay out. So does it count? Amazingly we also always had more than enough people bring baskets to make a full eighteen holes.

OK back home we used to have what we called nomad tournaments. We brought our own baskets to the disc golf course, and set up new layouts. Once we were on the other side of the park, but still at a recognized course, and I hit an ace from about three hundred and thirty feet. It was in my basket to boot. Do I get credit for it? Real basket, real course, real tournament, and real ace pot pay out. So does it count? Amazingly we also always had more than enough people bring baskets to make a full eighteen holes.

It goes against everything I believe, but I would count that.

If its a tournament position (and not an ace race) I'd count it.

Also, penis.

I just didn't know any sort of real criteria for an ace, other than that your drive went into the basket and stayed there.

By "Does the Ace Count", I wasn't really asking "Would the PDGA officially recognize that on December the 18th, an ace was made" blah blah blah.

:)

Thanks for the input though guys.

Goodbye, thread!

there has to be criteria otherwise I could count every throw as an ace when I am practice putting.

and Great White Buffalo, those are Apoth-isms, I can't get credit for that :)

IMO... it's not an ace until it in comp against your peeps or in a tourney. Practice aces don't count. Casual rounds with a bud don't count... only when there's something on the line, even if it's just pride, does an ace "count".

IMO... it's not an ace until it in comp against your peeps or in a tourney. Practice aces don't count. Casual rounds with a bud don't count... only when there's something on the line, even if it's just pride, does an ace "count".

I think casual rounds count. Anytime you are keeping score and can mark a 1 on the score sheet on a legitimate course, it is an ace*
*very few exceptions

Got my second ace this year at sergent means park. Hole 15 260 ft with a low ceiling. Hyzer flipped my dx gazelle and it took the perfect line right into the chains. I couldnt believe it, I started screaming like a girl and this couple just gave me this weird look not knowing what had happened.

I aced on 10/16/10

Place: Lake Fenwick Park Seattle, WA

Hole: 3

Distance: approx 240-250 ft.

Disc: DX Banshee (Beat up)

The story:

So it was my first time playing White River, Riverside, and Fenwick. I had two friends with me, we hit all 3 courses in one day. Last course we went to was Lake Fenwick.
My first time stepping up to the pad on hole #3, I pull out my banshee. It is really REALLY beaten up. My friend and long time player Mike Wagner looks at me and says "Wattcha got there?", I grin to myself thinking about all the work I had put into the disc recently, noting how poorly the condition was, changing day to day, never the same shot twice. I said, " My banshee". He gave me a concerned look, so I assured him, "Oh it's a special banshee". He nodded and said, "Oh well if it's special than OK!"
I step up, It's a long uphill shot, straight, but with a low ceiling, and fairly tight corridor.
I put a fair amount of anhyzer on it and snap it out.... Goes high and left, but with a lot of spunk, gets about two thirds of the way there, and starts to flip even more, as it descends towards the basket, down, more to the right..... And finally, it looked like it was going over it.... but nope, dead nuts!

I ended up getting money from random people around the course as the word got around. ^_^ used my winnings playing doubles and lost it all!

I love Disc Golf!

I still don't understand why people "retire" their disc when they get an ace.
Obviously it was doing something right

Looks like my son and I are gonna finish out the year with him winning our little 'ace race'. We wagered a new bag on this. He now has 3 to my 2. He is gonna lord this over me every chance he gets. :p

Last edited:

Latest posts