• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

The only one I have was on accident why showing someone how to toss a buzzz str8...wide open 215 textbook ace. Cool but weak at the same time, while the spectator drooled. Seeing an ace as a noob is a pretty serious thing! I was there!

I aced last weekend and it was ugly. I threw a shot I swore was going in it got windsheared straight down in front of the basket. It then hit a root and jumped straight back into the air and fell in the basket. I threw a few better shots throughout the week that hit chains dead center and came out.

Hit my first ace!

I threw a Star Roc 180g. #6 at TCC Southeast Campus in Arlington, TX. Not a long hole but it is a tight fairway.
ace.jpg

Parma DGC, Hilton, NY. Hole #10 237 feet, champion eagle 168g. 6/8/10 lefty backhand.

Play this course ! its the best one in the Rochester, NY area !

Miniwaukan Park, Mukwonago, WI. Hole #11, 217 feet. Star valkyrie 168g - forehand/flick. Nothing But Chain. This was my 1st ace.

Miniwaukan Park, Mukwonago, WI. Hole #11, 217 feet. Star valkyrie 168g - forehand/flick. Nothing But Chain. This was my 1st ace.

Nice, played that course once. my experience was terrible tho because it had just rained and the course was flooded, and the mosquitos were chaotic.

first throw first ace

around 1994 i picked up a discraft marauder at kokesh sporting goods
it has a cowboy shooting backward while riding a horse.
went to kapasia park and on the very first throw hole one ching-ace!

this is the only old disc i still have.
every few years my bag is stolen or one burned up when my 1980 ford 400ci
4x4 van got torched. fire crue took 40 minutes to arrive after call. the carb melted into the manifold.:thmbdown:

Nice, played that course once. my experience was terrible tho because it had just rained and the course was flooded, and the mosquitos were chaotic.

Thanks! Yeah, that course is constantly flooded, but lately its been drier than dry, not even 1 puddle of standing water. Might change after this weekend though lol.

About a week before I got my 1st ace, I threw the same star valkyrie (that i got my ace w/) onto the top of the shelter @ hole 18 and it got stuck right near the top. I had to stack a garbage can on top of a picnic table and climb on top of it to get it down... I almost left it there too, because it took so long to get down.

I introduced my dad to the game not long after I got into it, he only plays when I take him though - and he's been improving every time I bring him out, maybe once a month. I have yet to hit my first ace, and he always joked that he would hit his before I did. Hole 1, Putnam park in Blue Earth MN, 135 feet, open and straightforward, I threw my putter (175 org wiz) on a hyzer about 20 feet too far, he approaches the pad saying "I'm just going to throw straight at it" and he does just that, drills the chains dead center with a DX aviar, his first ace. (I still beat him by a stroke in the 9 hole round).

First ace

Got my first ace this weekend and thought I would add to the list. Short 120' 4th hole at Acorn park in Roseville, MN. Threw my 179 FLX Buzzz through two trees and straight into the chains. Hopefully this is the first of many!

Posting for a buddy here, he doesn't come on the forums. He sunk hole #12 at Estabrook park (215 ft) with a perfectly straight throw with a Roc (the only disc he uses). It was sick because the Roc travels so slow, it was like seeing it happen in slow motion. He had hit the chains on the hole twice in the previous 3 days, so I'm sure it was fulfilling to pull it out. Grats bro!

Robbed like I live in the Ghetto

Not that the Ghetto is bad...

I have been robbed, so many times. On hole 6, Family of Christ Church in Ham Lake, MN, I hit the bottom of the basket, rolled around 360 degrees, and spit out. Buzzz. Are you kidding me?

When we (bro Tom and friend Joe) played 1035 on 8/10-8/11 this year, I finally hit my ace on the hole after we broke Donovan Baker's record. It was ridiculous. About 50 people watching, ten we didn't know, Challenger from 201'. Dead Center. Didn't spit out like all the others.

I have missed probably (without exaggeration) about 30-50 aces this year by less than 1 inch. I hit basket 8 at Family of Christ Church in Ham Lake today, dead center chains, bounced out, landed 3 feet to the left of the hole. It's happened so often, I don't even flinch anymore.

What do you all reward for aces?

We provide a 24 pack of beer, approx. value $25 (bottles, as we homebrew), or two four packs of Surly (for those who REALLY love beer).

Got my 2nd ace today on a sweeeet hyzer on #9 at Herman C. Michael park. champ Firebird. about 280 ft. Exactly 2 months from my 1st ace.

Attachments

• #9.jpg
    #9.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts