• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Got my first ace!!!

Got my first ace yesterday with a Discraft ESP Pulse! almost smacked a tree, but it curved right around it and BAM!!! :)

Way to go!
Always memorable the first go around. What was the distance and which technique did you use?

2nd and 3rd aces ever today, Sugaw Creek Charlotte NC

Both on #11, same disc, first at 4:30, second one just after 6:15. Craziness!!!

I've hit a couple of crazy aces this year but my favorite story was a bounce out on hole #4 at Bryant Lake Park in MN. I threw a high thumber with ESP Venom and it came down on the basket at around on 65-70 degree descent. It hit the chains hard (which pushed them back to the pole), then it hit the bottom of the basket with so much force it bounced back up as the chains swung back out pushing my disc out of the basket about 5 feet! I've never seen a disc hit the chains with so much force before!

i hit chains yesterday at league but didnt get it to stick, i'm sticll chasing my 4th ace of the year. i am way over due for this one

Today shooting Arboretum I threw a stalker on a hyzer flip that hit chains and the bottom of the basket on hole #17 short, a 365' shot with the basket guarded by some trees. Too bad it popped out, I had 6 witnesses if it would of stuck.

Brag post or more?

Got my 4th ace on the 250' slightly uphill wooded alt #9 at Sharp Springs last night. Carolina blue ESP Avenger flew in clean but we heard rather than see. God I love that sound of those chains exploding! I've been really lucky that I've had someone with me each time I've hit one to bare witness, share the excitement with, and go through the signing process. I was thinking about that on the ride home. How lame would it be to toss one in with nobody else around, yell with, and having to write on your own disc? I didn't do the call all my friends that play thing this time. Not that it isn't still amazing, I'm just starting to realize that I've been doing this long enough that it's just a more personal thing, almost spiritual in a way, if you wanna call it that. But I'm not becoming a...

Frisbeetarian: The belief that when you die, your soul floats away and gets stuck on the roof. Attributed to comedian George Carlin.

Share your thoughts

Over the large rock outcrop to the right on the pin, hyzered right into the basket with no chain help. I've had the same line visualized for THREE years and i'd usually come up short.

Thats an old picture on the hole(back when it was #9)........ since then the left side brush has beem mowed to open a pretty sweet RH flick route. I've seen the post get rung a couple times that way.

1st-ever ace for this hole !! My second on the course and second of the year !! :clap:

The weird thing is that i normally play for chit at league after a tourney win(Blueberry Jam @ Flatrock, MA). I hit the ace before league and then took 3rd place $$.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a little over a year now. I have hit serval baskets but one never has stuck. UNTIL!!!! 8-8-10 I hit an uphill 246 ft. shot Hole 5 and WYCO in KS. I was a nice smooth gentle hyzer that was nothing but net. I was stoked. I was shooting a round with my buddy and 2 guys (i'd never met) from TX that wanted us to guide them around the park. They were possibly more stoked than me.

Then 2 days later hole 2 in Olathe 245ft. i was playing with another buddy who didn't believe i hit the first ace since he wasn't there. I called my shot to the basket on an island with OB all around, i said I'm gonna throw my boss low and hard and it's gonna skip in. Then ching!!! It was awesome and two guys on hole one saw it as well. My buddy said it was the best shot he'd seen due to the fact i called it being a skip ace then did it.

2 Down, many more to come, i hope!?!

I hit a 350 foot ace yesterday on hole 6 at North Park in Haltom City, TX. Longest ace for me so far. Hit it with a Nuke off the skip. 3rd ace in the last 5 weeks for me which is way out of the norm.

Latest posts