• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first Idaho ace with a Hero 235 (& 1st SuperClass ace!) last weekend at Julia Davis DGC in Boise. I'm slowly completing my 50 aces/50 states bid :)

Collected thus far:
Washington
Oregon
Idaho
Texas
Illinois
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana
Michigan
Maryland
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Kentucky

Last edited:
Got Hole #5 at Riney B in Nicholasville last Wednesday(5/4) - Skip Ace that we never heard or saw(around the corner out of sight) until we were walking up and found it hanging in the chains. Star Max - 172g - 4th Ace with this disc since August '10.

b57984b3.jpg

I got my first Eagle the other day. It's not an ace, but I never thought I would get an Eagle. I just don't play that many par 4's.

3rd ace of 2011 - I have now aced in 3 straight months.

Johnson Road #8, right pin position - really not sure how far, vandals took the sign but I think it is 270-300ish. Opto xXx!!

hit my 8th ace at dubs thursday on a CTP hole, and we won so it was a good day...3rd ace on that disc in 1 1/2 months.

Hit my first ace ever. Wildwood park, ottumwa, ia. Hole 17 274' hole across a bridge and downhill out of sight behind a tree.

Second ace ever today. Hole #1 at Davis Park. 250' right behind a big bushy tree, so you can't see the basket from the tee. I wasn't carrying a mid, and there was about a 10-15mph head wind, so I threw a 171g X Avenger. We heard it hit chains, but I just kept thinking, "there's no way that stayed in". Came around the corner, and sure enough!

Went on to bogey 4 other holes on the course after that .. :(

Just missed out on my first ace. Throwing an obscured drive and heard the chains rattle, but when I got to the basket the disk was sitting on the ground about ten feet directly in front. REJECTED!

hole 1 (287') at windwood church dgc in cypress tx...ive been hittin chains and basket on that hole for a while but i finally got one to stick

got an ace!

Bagged my 5th ace yesterday on hole 4B at truckee regional park, truckee CA. Just shy of 300', threw a beat up 174g skeeter with a hyzer flip. Shot was pure, no tree hits or redirects. Watched that sucker flip flat and hold the ever-so-slight anny directly into center chains. On last hole of doubles, took the ace pot and second place with a 12 down. Was a good day!

Forehand Mid Flex Shot!!!!

So I just got my first forehand ace today, and my first ace of 2011. YEAH SO PUMPED!!!!!:thmbup::thmbup: It with a grip I saw on acerunners.com.
http://www.acerunners.com/hd-tutorials/?pi=52

I don't have much luck with this grip with drivers but it is awesome with mids(especially my buzzz) and putters. I use just my pointer finger on the inside rim and pinch with my thumb for my distance forehand drive. This has never worked very well with mids or putters though because my pointer gets stuck in deeper rims with this grip. The fork/peace grip works much better and I get a clean release.

It's not a long ace 175-ft but it is my favorite one so far. It is a semi blind hole. I put my buzzz on a forehand anhyzer with the peace grip and let it rip. I have been working on this shot with this disc for a few weeks no and it is sick. It flexes so nice.

Buzzz is now my new favorite disc for sure I wish i would have started throwing them sooner.

I just thought I would shear my new love for the buzzz and my sick ace story.

Here are some pics of the line.

Attachments

• Hole #8 Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    Hole #8 Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Hole #8 Tee_Ace_line.jpg
    Hole #8 Tee_Ace_line.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 42
So I just got my first forehand ace today, and my first ace of 2011. YEAH SO PUMPED!!!!! It was with a grip I saw on acerunners.com.
http://www.acerunners.com/hd-tutorials/?pi=52

I don't have much luck with this grip with drivers but it is awesome with mids(especially my buzzz) and putters. I use just my pointer finger on the inside rim and pinch with my thumb for my distance forehand drive. This has never worked very well with mids or putters though because my pointer gets stuck in deeper rims with this grip. The fork/peace grip works much better and I get a clean release.

It's not a long ace 175-ft but it is my favorite one so far. It is a semi blind hole. I put my buzzz on a forehand anhyzer with the peace grip and let it rip. I have been working on this shot with this disc for a few weeks now and it is sick. It flexes so nice.

Buzzz is now my new favorite disc for sure I wish i would have started throwing them sooner.

I just thought I would shear my new love for the buzzz and my sick ace story.

Here are some pics of the line.

Attachments

• Hole #8 Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    Hole #8 Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Hole #8 Tee_Ace_line.jpg
    Hole #8 Tee_Ace_line.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 9
IMO he was going for the Hyzer flick with the buzz, missed the line, shot it out early while pulling it over and still hit the bucket.

Nice ace:thmbup:, but I don't think the anhyzer line to the right with a buzzz was the intended line.

Just saying.

Congrats on the Ace.That's definitely an interesting line to the basket, it looks like a good ol FH hyzer would be the best option though.

Nice shot, dude. That forehand hyzer route looks pretty open, or is there something I'm not seeing?

The forehand hyzer is open but the big oak tree has a branch that is sticking out into the fairway that will grab some disc's. I have been working on this flex shot and it was a much more satisfying rout than the hyzer. I have skipped it right under the basket on the hyzer rout a few times.

This ace felt so sick!!!

IMO he was going for the Hyzer flick with the buzz, missed the line, shot it out early while pulling it over and still hit the bucket.

Nice ace:thmbup:, but I don't think the anhyzer line to the right with a buzzz was the intended line.

Just saying.

Nope I have been working on this shot there are a ton of tightly wooded holes near me and have been working on more finesse and shot shape I am supper pumped on this ace.

The disk did exactly what I wanted it to and this was the first ace that I knew was going in right when I let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.