• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 5th ace of this year. I don;t feel that good about it because it was a tree bounce on a 130ft hole.

Wizard 172 Hole #7 at The londs of Linwood
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=432

What does everyone think about short hole ACES?

Ok, short Aces: At 130ft, you threw a small object , and hit a target almost 1/2 a football field away. Not something that is easy to do, or we would all have many aces. Try throwing anything, and hitting something that far away. An ace is an ace, no matter the length of the hole.

Hit my second ever ace yesterday at River's Edge Park in Waite Park, MN on hole 8. It was with a DX Cobra. This site list the distance as 204 but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

The pin is hidden behind a small grouping of trees on that hole and I thought I was going to go while past it but I heard the chains and was shocked when I looked and it was in.

FIRST ACE

First ace ever!

1e1ac5a3_m.jpg

Got it today at around 6:20pm at Chestnut Ridge DGC. Hole 12, par 4, 250 ft
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=103

Was very happy with the disc I got it with, a Discraft ESP Crush. I have had it since last spring and have always loved it for forehand drives. I had previously said to people that I truly belive that it would be my first ace disc and it was. All signed up and retired now though it was/is my favorite driver. Definately going to buy a couple replacements for it.

As for the shot, nice solid forehand that I thought came out alitte too far right but luckily got through a ton of trees and branches. It kisses off of this larger tree to the right in front of the hole, goes left (lose sight of it because of basket placement being downhill) and hits the basket clean sounding but not a big splash like you would think for an ace.

The course was super busy (as it always it) with a group of 2 right in front of us. I first turn to my disc golf partner (who I play the most rounds with) and say, "the group in front must still be putting". Problem is you can't see the pin because it is down about 10 ft from the elevation of the tee along with many trees blocking the pin. Since I never aced anything before, I immediately think that the group ahead is putting. I start running up to what I thought would be an apology to the guys in front of me for throwing too soon but I see they are at the intersection of the 15th/14th tee and they yell to me, "Dude it's in the basket.. was that you first shot?" I scream out, "*** ya!!" and starting yelling and running around. Ran over to my disc golf partner and have him about 10 high fives and fist bumps. Anyone I saw on the course for the remaining holes I was sure to tell them how I aced 12.

The icing on top of the cake is that I threw my best round ever for any course with a -17. I guess when you ace a par 4 it helps your score! Already posted the scorecard on here. So pumped right now.

Last edited:
I got my first ACE today at Alan Johnson Memorial Park, Mulvane KS. On hole #4, second round, Par 3 247 ft. Threw a Star Katana 162g from the tee hit a tree and came down right in the hole!!! Oh course I screamed liked my @ss was on fire!!! Probably scared the 2 other people playing on the other end of the course, but who cares. Total luck shot but hey I will take what I can get. Made my day, and made father's day that much more special. At least the wife was there to witness it!!!
So far this summer has been great. The Mavs won their first ever NBA Championship, and I got my first ACE. Gonna remember this summer for a long time!!!

got my first blind ace yesterday with my 175 rpro cro- now double ace plastic. was a second throw from the box, but i don't discriminate. 5th of 2011. those chains taste oh so good!!

Got Ace #4 yesterday at Leagues. Hit Hole 8 at Willow Stream Park in Buffalo Grove, IL. Its a 420 ft open field hole. Got it with an Epic thrown tomahawk. I was shocked that it stuck, definitely a lucky shot, but hey I will take it!

I got my 6th ace today at moraine state park hole 11 blue tee to a-pin. My 3rd this year and 2nd in 18 days. It was during doubles so got the ace pot.

Got Ace #4 yesterday at Leagues. Hit Hole 8 at Willow Stream Park in Buffalo Grove, IL. Its a 420 ft open field hole. Got it with an Epic thrown tomahawk. I was shocked that it stuck, definitely a lucky shot, but hey I will take it!

You threw a tomahawk 420'? Damn, Remind me not to get in a snowball fight with you...

I havnt hit an ACE in 15yrs, sure plenty of metals. But no cigar.

I really hope I'm not on this path. I just had my 14th metal hit today since my last ace (over a year ago). Z Hornet came in on a hyzer and slammed the top "cell" of the cage, literally less than 4 inches too low.

Got my first ace of the year(6th total) today. It was at ottawa park in Toledo, OH
266ft with a 174 Z Flash. I usually throw my Z buzzz on this hole but there was a fierce headwind. So I just tossed the flash slowed down my arm speed and BOOM.
Was very excited

1st Ace!

Today I got my first ace on #15 (188ft) at Adair Park with my 175g Star TL. I just got a backup TL a week ago, so I might have to retire my one and only ace disc.

I just started playing this spring and got my first ace last week. On hole #11 at Tittabawassee Trails in Freeland, MI. Straight shot (192 ft) with a 174g XL Pro-D.

i hit the basket on #7 at little lehigh in allentown a few days ago. two inches lower and it wouldve hit the chains. oh well, hopefully i get my ace soon.

Got my first Black Ace today, was playing Long Tees to Long Baskets for the first time at Stable Run and it went in the short basket on #8. Now I am going to want a real one on that hole since I know it is possible!

Aced hole #1 at Azalea yesterday with a Z Buzzz. 12 metal hits since my last ace. Nice to step up and ace the first hole :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts