• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a black ace is when you ace a basket that you weren't going for. like you're shooting long to long and you ace the short basket.

Not sure about cubby ace.

cubby ace: throwing at a basket from the tee over and over again until you put one in and counting it as an ace.

"a black ace is when you ace a basket that you weren't going for. like you're shooting long to long and you ace the short basket."

We call this a gray ace since it's on the same hole, and much more common. (Also called a brown ace on the forums). A black ace would need to be on a different hole, usually massive grip-lock etc. :eek:

alex clark hole 12 12x aviar
2 weeks ago. grabbed the wrong disc for a hole and missed by a mile then threw the right one and aced (dam second shot bs.) still carded a par so.. ½ ace?

but yesterday..

6 alex clark Z avenger
silent ace didn't know it till we got up around the bend. and i was thinking i would never hit another one

Hit my first ace of the year(second of my career) yesterday on hole 20 Joseph Davis park in Lewiston, NY. The hole is not very long but it is a blind dogleg left (I throw left handed). Typically I throw a glide which annys very nicely around the hedge row blocking your vision of the basket. Well my backhand game wasn't working well yesterday so I decided to go with a forehand flick. Lined up the line I thought it should be on and let it go. Came off my hand nice and smooth, started to fade lost it behind the hedge row and the next thing I know I hear Ching! A few weeks ago I hit chains on an anny so I'm thinking is it possible i finally hit it? Grabbed my bag and started walking. As soon as I made it to the clearing past the hedge row there it was sitting in the basket.

I go my second ace of the year yesterday. It was my first tourney ace!! Hole ten in Marengo IL. Threw my dx roc and nailed solid center chains! It also ended up being my first tourney win also which made it that much better! The craziest part of it all was right after I aced the hole a guy in the group behind me aced it just minutes after I did. The hole had previously never been aced then it gets aced twice in about ten minutes. I'm still excited about hitting it. It was nice to check another one off my ace goals.

Hole 5 at Oakwood yesterday. A relatively "poor" shot, Cryztal Buzzz turnover, just hit the right gap, but still on an anny line. I was just hoping for something to knock it down, or at least land in the open as it drifted about 30 feet right of the basket. Then... "Whack...Ching!" I had to run about 15 feet to my left to see it laying in the basket. $10 off of 51, no ace pot, though it had been discussed.

i had my first ace in a year and a half on saturday in between rounds at the dogfest tournament at wills park in alpharetta GA on hole 1. it was my 16th.

hole 8 geneva IL Wheeler Park......(this will eventually be #7) air shot.....fifth ace of the year!

........some other guy........aced the first hole in the same round.....I won't steal his thunder.....

........some other guy........aced the first hole in the same round.....I won't steal his thunder.....

Yup I got hole one at Wheeler Park.

Two_Thumbs_this_Guy_1328387952.jpg

Bizzam:|

Just saw this thread, and figured I'd add my only ace of the year, and first ever tourney ace.

Sunday, March 25, 2012. Third round of the Carolina Clash, playing Hornets Nest Park in Charlotte, NC. I was playing on the second card with a solid group, and threw a 1000-rated round, but the highlight of the round was the sequence of events on holes #8 and 9. I stepped up on #8 and threw a nice DX Roc to about 30 feet away, but putting at a tricky elevated basket. I felt comfortable and decided to give it a run... oops. Fly by to about 18 feet, but putting to a basket 6 feet above my head. Clank on the underside of the basket and rolled to 25 feet away. Chained out the 4th. I finally took a disappointing 5 on what should have been a nice easy par. But karma was waiting...

Because of the better decisions of my cardmates, I was bring up the rear on the 9th tee. Hole #9 also has an elevated basket, and twistedly so. It's 165 feet to a 6 foot tall hillock with a flat landing area behind the basket that gently slopes away. On the precipice at the front edge of this hillock, the basket... raised another 6 feet off the ground. I pulled out my SSS VooDoo that had just made it into the bag because I started to feel comfortable using it for approach shots. I thought, "I'll just snap a nice little turnover that I want to float just over the crest of the hill and stop 10-15 feet beyond the basket on the platform." So I tee off, and everything stops. That little black chalky disc just held a beautiful pure line all the way. Crash. Ace. One of the cardmates said afterwards, "That disc was tracking the whole way."

A pretty thing, except I only averaged par for those two holes. :) Oh, and there was no ace pool. So I guess the karma wasn't *perfect*...

Last edited:
So I am back on the Ace train. I got one yesterday at Garlough Hole #7 with a Wizard. I have 6 Aces on that Wizard now. It is the same hole that I hit on video last month with the black Wizard, only 120' but still sweet.

Then I hit one this morning at Acorn Park Hole #14. Its a hole that I have wanted for a long time. I usualy throw a FH Wizard or Zone because it is a blind right turn hole that is 166' long. This morning I decided to try my Bullet XD on a FH hyzer flip and I banged the chains just as I ran up the fairway to see if it was going to hit. I also shot -10 there today my best round ever at Acorn. I think my previous best was -6. It might have been the best score I have ever posted at any course. I was boggie free which is very rare for me at Acorn.

Here is a pic of the hole at Acorn.

18155eca.jpg

i got my first ace ever today on an anhyzer 190' skipped it half way there right in splashed the chains SOUNDED so awesome i dont have video tho only a picture of the hole and such. best part was that me and my buddy were playing with someone we had never met before... the previous two rounds i had played there i literally did the same thing only missing the basket on either side and today just drilled it... i have a picture of the whole so you can try to picture it... was a forehand sidewinder about 3 feet off the ground got the perfect skip... can probably just hit up my facebook page if you care to take a look at it

Was at Top O' The Hill in New Hampshire

https://www.facebook.com/Gam3R if you wanna take a look at it ... its my cover photo

Last edited:
Got my second Ace this weekend.

On the way to Fontana Village Resort, stopped in Andrews, NC. Then at the 8th hole at Heritage Park; I grabbed my Zero Line Lat64 Spike and put it on a nice and easy Hyzer line and watched it sail into the chains.

It was a in slow motion. Not a tough hole by any means, just a nice open shot.

It was a great way to start the weekend of camping and disc golf. Couldn't have had a better weekend with great weather and a great time playing DG!

Last edited:
First ACE today got it with a soft anode hole 12 @yetter...it was awesome disc just floated in never thought the day would come...

Now the questions is to retire the disc or not

Since he's banned(again), i'll post for Bergdawg, who aced #4 at Timmons last night during doubles. 4 is a 235' shot that bends to the right through a series of very tall trees. Pin is on a slope and difficult to stick, and the line curls tighter as you near the basket. Canned it with his Iowa State Cyclone ESP FLX Drone, cashed $138. With dog in tow, no less, but Griffin is a good luck charm :)

Haven't got an ace in over a year so when does it come... of course in practice before the 4th round of my last tourney. got #9 @ Veterans Park in Lexington. It was a neat experience tho as I was first to my hole in the woods & no one was there to witness, or so I thought. I simply raised my hands on the tee pad & waited a few seconds. the other card mates walked up & clapped for me. Then I tossed another (150ish Blizzard Boss forehand hyzer) & crashed heavy chains & spit out. Of course I three'd it moments later when the round started.

Double Ace Hole #8 - Dash's Track

Hey everyone, first time posting and thought i'd share my first two aces ever. I strapped my GoPro to a tree and let them rip. It's only 115ft from tee to basket but it's nice to finally ace! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/XIJaClN47DM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts