• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spike hyzer Star SL found the basket on hole #10 Will Rogers OKC yesterday.

2nd Ace for me.

Got my fourth Ace ever and 1st of the year on 1/6/12 at Parmalee Park in Michigan on #16 with a 11x champ teebird.
ea388a73.jpg

Nice Ace, what tee position was it from. Was it during League and I hope you got paid. Solid ace.

First ace of my career tonight on hole one at verdugo hills.

Nice Ace, what tee position was it from. Was it during League and I hope you got paid. Solid ace.

The new position. And no getting paid for this one. It was in the warm up 18.

1/5/12

Aced hole 17 at Turtle Creek with a KC Pro Teebird. About 300 feet through some trees. Was excellent!

Great stories guys! im hoping to get my first ever ace real soon. I was super close on Sunday at Riney B. Threw a Teebird on hole 12 with a little hyzer (LHBH) it flipped up and rode straight for a bit then started back toward the basket. It was on a great line but banged right of the top of it.

Made my first ever Ace on sunday, Hole #6 (230 feet) at Bygholm Park, in Horsens, Denmark.

e935caab_t.jpg

Perfectly straight down the center of the fairway, and then it faded just a little into the center of the chains. :) 176 g. Z Wasp

It was the CTP hole of the day also, but for some reason the TD didn't count aces for the CTP! :confused: That was $50 I didn't get. :\

Still waiting on my first 2012 ace.
I've had 2 hit chains and 2 bounce off the basket.
Both the chains were a 171 Champion Firebird and both the basket misses were a 173 Vibram Sole.

Hit my first ace of 2012...it was a black ace :-(... At columbia park, throwing long 5... The easiest place to be for a good 2nd is right by the pad of #4... I threw up to #4s pad, came up a little short, and left, and slam dunked into 3s basket

Got my first ever ace on January, Friday the 13th!:D
Hole #8 short (290 ft.) at La Raza in San Jose, CA
Skipped on the "water" and slowly faded and was going so slow by the time it hit the chains it basically tickled the chains. :thmbup:
That Star Teebird is going on the wall.

"Forgot" about this DGCR thread, but I did post on the Charlotte discussion board. New Year's Day I was going to continue cut and drag in development of one of our new courses but decided to begin with a stress free round on one one of our easiest courses (Elon--Eager Beaver from the short tees). On hole 1 I skipped my drive and clanged the bottom of the basket--knew it was going to be a nice round. Also deuce 2, but parred 3. Ace lightning struck around 10:30 AM on 4 :) (only about 160', ani flick with a new Beast around a barrage of trees). Parred 5 and 6. Then ace lightning struck again :) on 7 (about 185' flick with a new Avenger SS). Continued with deuces on 8 and 9 for a front 9 total of 19! Back 9, not so dramatic (a 24) but I did have another metal hit on the top rim of 11. Ended with a 43 (calculates to be a 971 round which is WAY over my Sr. Grand rating); Great way to start the year as I had zero aces in 2011!

Other good news, the course I was working on (Plantation Ruins at Winget Park) was decorated and OPENED yesterday (1/14/2012)

Last edited:
my first of 2012 today
#6 at Baker Park in Calgary

pretty much a straight shot with a Lycan through some fir tree branches and into the chains

we had just finished Doubles and a few of us were playing the front 9 again
it was a $15 ace

if I had done it in Dubs instead of after it would have been a $500 ace

oh well

My dad started disc golf about 2 years ago. Just this last 2 months he started playing alot, he's hooked! I got to see him get his first ace two days ago. #9 Zephyr Cove (Tahoe area) 220ft steep downhill, with 180 Star Coyote. The disc flipped just a bit initially, balanced out straight. Then started to fade slightly, just in time. CHING! Really cool to see.

Last edited:
Got two in one week, #4 at leagues for $181 and #9 three days later casual, central park, oakbrook IL. #9 was my first over 300'

My dad started disc golf about 2 years ago. Just this last 2 months he started playing alot, he's hooked! I got to see him get his first ace two days ago. #9 Zephyr Cove (Tahoe area) 220ft steep downhill, with 180 Star Coyote. The disc flipped just a bit initially, balanced out straight. Then started to fade slightly, just in time. CHING! Really cool to see.

Great hole and a good course to get an ace.

Still waiting on my first 2012 ace.
I've had 2 hit chains and 2 bounce off the basket.
Both the chains were a 171 Champion Firebird and both the basket misses were a 173 Vibram Sole.

I've had 2 more almost aces this week.
6 misses in 17 days?
Maybe I should put pine tar on my discs so they'll stick to the chains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts