• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh forum member Bobby Lewinski drew metal today at hole #5 at Flat Rock Park, which i have stated I will be the only person to ever ace(350 feet, only way to nail it is with a FH really) thought I was about to lose my crown :|

this thread is depressing to me im still looking for my first ace... but congrats to all who have gotten one

I got my first ace ever the other day (1/12).

Had just gotten a couple of new Wraiths off the marketplace, and went out to start "seasoning" them.

1st throw of the day, 1st time throwing one of them, *blam* ace!

Fun stuff. :)

First Ace today

It's 62 degrees here in Colorado today, so i took a "long lunch" to get out and play a quick round. I've been playing for about 6 months, and I got my first ace today. 224 feet, open fairway, with the basket in a grove of trees on a hyzer. I was so surprised and stoked when i heard the chains; ran up and there was a beautiful sight. Threw a Star TL 171. Today was one of those days where my game "grew up" a level. I was throwing 30-40ft farther than usual, giving me legitimate attempts at birdies and i was making crazy putts from bushes, through tree branches, farther out putts (my reliable range is about 15-20 ft, and i made 3-4 from 30+'. I beat my best score on this course by 5 strokes. It was a dream day and i hope your next round is just as good as mine was today. Man, i live for days like this!
BTW i know there have been other threads like this, but all of my searches didn't bring them up. Sorry.

Suhweet, I remember my first ace. It happened about a year into playing threw a whippet 243 feet into dead center chains. The sweetest sound is hearing the chains after seeing your disc go right to the basket. Congrats.

Congrats on the ACE and awesome round. Nothing like those days when you are on fiyah.

I actually call them lonely aces and 3 of my 7 were very lonely...but so exciting anyway!!! Way to go man keep ripping it up!!!

I actually call them lonely aces and 3 of my 7 were very lonely...but so exciting anyway!!! Way to go man keep ripping it up!!!

I like that term, "lonely ace". It's like Jimmy Valvano winning the NCAA basketball championship and running around the course looking for someone to hug, but finding nobody. I really wish somebody was there to sign my disc, but alas, nobody. Am i supposed to retire the disc or something? It is my absolute favorite disc in my bag.....

I like that term, "lonely ace". It's like Jimmy Valvano winning the NCAA basketball championship and running around the course looking for someone to hug, but finding nobody. I really wish somebody was there to sign my disc, but alas, nobody. Am i supposed to retire the disc or something? It is my absolute favorite disc in my bag.....

my next ace disc will be called "lorenzo charles" to honor the late, great jimmy V

my first of 2012 today
#6 at Baker Park in Calgary

pretty much a straight shot with a Lycan through some fir tree branches and into the chains

we had just finished Doubles and a few of us were playing the front 9 again
it was a $15 ace

if I had done it in Dubs instead of after it would have been a $500 ace

oh well

I quote this cause I did it again
this time Hole 2 at Baker
FH with a 165 CE EXP 1
pretty just straight into the chains

$20 this time

I almost aced 2 holes later as well on Hole 4
FH hyzer with a 175 CE EXP 1
in the basket and popped back out with the chain swing

2 in 1 day would have been nice

Second ace of the year last night. Hole 4 at Verdugo Hills. Kinda sad to Retire a vector I had for 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts