• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed a short 157' ace today at Newport News DG course, VA. Hole 8....with an innova gazelle. I know it's a short one, but through some pretty dense trees....I'll take it! First one so far this year!

Last edited:
I finally did it... TWO ACES IN ONE DAY (on the same hole no less)

So I hit one here last month and it is a very short hole (only 120') hole #7 Garlough Park.

I was going to go to a different course today but at the last minute I decided to play Garlough. The first round I played with my whole bag and banged the basket on hole #2 with a buzzz, I was thinking that that was my ace run for the day. I get around to hole #7 and throw a Wizard flat and straight right into the chains. No one was around but it was still fun.

I have been playing around with Comets because I want to add an understable Mid to my bag. So the second round through I decided to throw Comets only. I get to #7 again and there is two guys finishing out on hole #2 which is really close to the pad for #7. I pull out my Elite X Comet and throw a slight FH turnover that hits dead center. One of the guys came over when he heard chains and signed my disc for me. He did not see it go in but I was yelling and standing on the pad when he walked over to see the disc in the basket.

What a sweet day of DG... (below is a pic of the hole)

Garlough.jpg

Last edited:
Hit my 9th ace and first of 2012 today. Hole 22 @ Addison Oaks. Blind hyzer line thru the trees and downhill to the left. Saw it go thru the trees perfectly and waited for the chains, then CHING!

Teepad
5006_l.jpg

In the bucket!
419975_10151301150810293_502235292_22714362_425348625_n.jpg

going for atleast one ace every month in 2012

Jan 27th..........hole 5 oswego civic center (short tee 230ish I think) civic center skip ace off a snow patch (laughed because it was lucky as hell) champ destroyer.......20th ace!!

Feb 13th..........hole 3 oswego civic center (short tee 330 or 305 I can never remember the distances out there) champ tee bird....and another skip ace. Never heard it go in (basket is almost blind from the basket) so hopefully a little disc golf gnome didn't put it in to be funny......21st ace

I'm locked in for winter golf (if you want to call it that considering its been about 38 to 55 everyday around chicago)

After the Ice Bowl (temp course) yesterday we had random dubs, we drew cards, my dad and I drew black 10s, so hole our second to last hole, just as the sun was going down. Hole 8 ~320' relatively well protected by trees, directly behind a large suspended fallen tree, the Hyzer line is quite tight. This picture is looking towards the tee, I hit a small window in the upper left corner of this pic.

attachment.php

As the disc disappeared behind the tree the conversation went something like this...

"I didn't hear anything"
"Well it was heading straight for the basket"
"Wouldn't that be sweet if it were sitting in the basket as we walked up to it"
"Heck yeah man, it's been a couple months since I've had an ace"
"I can't remember the last time I've seen an ace"

my dad who had made his way down the fairway "Hey!! There's a disc in the basket!!

[Hootin' and a Howlernin']
ace1.jpg

Put us to -11. -13 took the $$

1st Ace

Alright guys, after 3ish years of playing (and about 4 weeks of throwing primarily BH) I hit my first Ace today. Straight run at the chains with a Buzzz. I just kind of stood there in disbelief. I couldn't believe it actually happened.

Unfortunately, I was playing by myself. Since I had no one to share it with, I immediately called my wife and a few friends I play regularly with. I had to tell someone. Oh, and now you guys. :hfive:

I've hit basket and/or chains at least 12 times this year!! I'm sure it will happen soon though! Almost had my first tourney ace over the weekend!

Alright guys, after 3ish years of playing (and about 4 weeks of throwing primarily BH) I hit my first Ace today. Straight run at the chains with a Buzzz. I just kind of stood there in disbelief. I couldn't believe it actually happened.

Unfortunately, I was playing by myself. Since I had no one to share it with, I immediately called my wife and a few friends I play regularly with. I had to tell someone. Oh, and now you guys. :hfive:

Cheers bud! Congrats on the first Ace.

I just hit my 5th Ace of the year so far. I play at Wabun every day on lunch break it has no holes over 250' but it is great for putter rounds and that is all I use there with the exception of a few rounds with mids that I want to try out.

I hit Hole #2 today 195' with a FH Hyzer flip with my Zero Line Spike. I then ripped right through the chains on the very next hole. It would have been sweet to get back-to-back aces but I am happy I got the one. It is the first time I have hit hole #2. I have 6 aces at Wabun and have hit 4 of the 9 holes. I want to ace all of them at some point.

I got my first ace today!!! 285' narrow fairway shot, basket on the left with a GL River. My friend said, "It's got a chance" and then crash! Super stoked right now :)
bestdayever.gif

Got my second ace ever today at Armco Park White Course in Ashland KY on Hole 14 which is 188". I was using a DX Banshee and hyzered it right into the chains. There were two people with their kids at the playground across the path that witnessed it but they were not as impressed. They were however amused at a grown man acting like a 12 year old though.

40 MPH winds out at Driesner Park. Hole 5, 167 Glow CFR Firebird from a standstill, ~200', skip up into the chains for my first ever paying ace, second ace of the year, 10th overall, $53 in the pocket, and I won a Twinkie - Forest's favorite thing is when we win stuffed things, second stuffed thing we've won this year :D.

Attachments

• Ace3.jpg
    Ace3.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 30
  • twinkie.jpg
    twinkie.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 32
20-30 mile an hour winds yesterday here in eastern iowa. aced #13 at peninsula park from red tee (273ft) with a Z predator in a headwind. 4 witnesses, 3rd ace overall, 1st ace of 2012. threw it a little high with some stank, started to turn a bit in the headwind, slowly hooked back and hit dead center on the elevated basket

Attachments

• 403297_3110100789667_1178760058_32708968_1184791843_n.jpg
    403297_3110100789667_1178760058_32708968_1184791843_n.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 15
  • 7226b36e.jpg
    7226b36e.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts