• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first ace today!!! 285' narrow fairway shot, basket on the left with a GL River. My friend said, "It's got a chance" and then crash! Super stoked right now :)
bestdayever.gif

nice!what course and hole?

got my first ace today. dexter DGC hole #11 357ft with a legacy cannon. kinda a lot of disc for 357ft, but just wanted to flip it flat right at the unit.

love to hear it, I remember birding that hole with a teebird, but an ace with a cannon is wow. Nice ace.

got my first ace today. dexter DGC hole #11 357ft with a legacy cannon. kinda a lot of disc for 357ft, but just wanted to flip it flat right at the unit.

My first traded item on DGCR was a star skeeter and I now have my 3rd ace(second for the disc). Same hole same course same disc, kinda feels like cheating.

IMG_20120229_082948.jpg

First ace of the year and ever. Aced hole 12 at bear creek. 11x firebird needs a replacement. I just happened to get paid that day and treated myself to a CE fb. Pumped for a new year of DG.

I got my 3rd ace ever and the first one in almost two years yesterday on hole 15 at Brushy Creek MUD at Cat Hollow. 204 feet of perfect with a beat up star Aviar. It seemd like slow motion as it crashed into the chains. I had almost forgot what it felt like.

3 in the month of February! 1st on the 2nd #2 Ken Caryl DGC of the pine tree branch, 110' Aviar Driver RHBH, 2nd on the day #1 Schaefer DGC 170' Vibram V.P. X link nice little hyzer RHBH and #3 on the 20th at Johnny Roberts Memorial DGC #9 spike hyzer 100' with a Z Nuke RHFH. I know what your thinking... a nuke from 100'??? Hey what can I say it was right behind a tree blind shot and I've been throwing the same disc at that one basket since I started playing.

I forgot to update this thread from my vacation . . . St. Lucie Heritage Vilage Park Hole #4 Star Spider . . . .yep thats a 65' putt through a PVC contraption, but it's a 1 in the DGCR scorecard so I am reporting it.

Then just a couple days ago with my first sidearm ace at Valley View Park in New Berlin, WI (my home course) Hole #8 164' with my Pro Starfire (that I almost lost 3 times on my month long roadtrip to Florida and back). I decided a few months ago to learnt he flick for this hole and about 3 other ones at Valley View and have been getting pretty good at it. I hit chains and solid on the basket a couple times recently but this time it hit the ice/frozen ground about 10' short of the basket and it hopped up gently sitting in the basket. I celebrated on my own . . . again, but I am proud of the fact I have aced this hole with a backhand anny and now also a forehand.

Last edited:
I forgot to update this thread from my vacation . . . St. Lucie Heritage Vilage Park Hole #4 Star Spider . . . .yep thats a 65' putt through a PVC contraption, but it's a 1 in the DGCR scorecard so I am reporting it.

Then just a couple days ago with my first sidearm ace at Valley View Park in New Berlin, WI (my home course) Hole #8 164' with my Pro Starfire (that I almost lost 3 times on my month long roadtrip to Florida and back). I decided a few months ago to learnt he flick for this hole and about 3 other ones at Valley View and have been getting pretty good at it. I hit chains and solid on the basket a couple times recently but this time it hit the ice/frozen ground about 10' short of the basket and it hopped up gently sitting in the basket. I celebrated on my own . . . again, but I am proud of the fact I have aced this hole with a backhand anny and now also a forehand.

Nice! Ii nearly had myself one of those today, hole 7, wabasha MN, 60 some feet probably. I saw you were the last person to update the course conditions. The oversize baskets cracked me up, but it's depressing that this is about to be my home course:(

ACE! hole 10, red t-pad, white river dgc, auburn, wa. Throwing (RHBH) a 174g Legacy Cannon, with a Skullboy stamp . Slight hyzer, realy low ceiling, hella trees, 250ft to the slight left. Thats 8 aces in 6 months with Legacy Discs for me!! Love it!!

Ace at De Laveaga singles today

Got my second Ace today. 206' blind birdie on hole 21 at De Laveaga in Santa Cruz, CA. Hit it with an SP Squall. My son, Huk Finn, was there to give a high five and sign the disc (let him keep his dollar). A great day.

Got my second Ace today. 206' blind birdie on hole 21 at De Laveaga in Santa Cruz, CA. Hit it with an SP Squall. My son, Huk Finn, was there to give a high five and sign the disc (let him keep his dollar). A great day.

That was a nice one! Disc disappeared through the woods. Wait for it.. CHING!

2nd ever and 1st of the year!

Got my second ace ever 3/8/12 at Land of Memories in Mankato, MN. Hole #9, not very long maybe 250'. Threw a Champ Boss that has become one of my favorite discs since finding it about 2 months ago way right with a ton of hyzer into 10-15mph headwind and watched it fade all the way back to the hole and slam the bottom of the basket w/o hitting any chains. Started yelling and the 2 people I was with who weren't paying any attention were like ....what are u so happy about? I'm like just aced that friggin hole! and since no chain noise they didn't believe me til they actually looked at the basket. Hope this is the first of more to come for this year!

Got my second ace ever 3/8/12 at Land of Memories in Mankato, MN. Hole #9, not very long maybe 250'. Threw a Champ Boss that has become one of my favorite discs since finding it about 2 months ago way right with a ton of hyzer into 10-15mph headwind and watched it fade all the way back to the hole and slam the bottom of the basket w/o hitting any chains. Started yelling and the 2 people I was with who weren't paying any attention were like ....what are u so happy about? I'm like just aced that friggin hole! and since no chain noise they didn't believe me til they actually looked at the basket. Hope this is the first of more to come for this year!
ahh yes, the ninja ace. congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts