• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

10177374_10152155230432843_7400685607027635270_n.jpg

Nothing sweeter then nailing an an Ace to win the ace pool at an event you are TD'ing on a course you helped design and install (with Jay Reading), in the first event held in that city. Ace on hole #7 left tee, Roma Disc Golf Course in Queensland, Australia. 45m blind dog leg left...anhyzer with a cryztal buzzz :-D

Nothing sweeter then nailing an an Ace to win the ace pool at an event you are TD'ing on a course you helped design and install (with Jay Reading), in the first event held in that city. Ace on hole #7 left tee, Roma Disc Golf Course in Queensland, Australia. 45m blind dog leg left...anhyzer with a cryztal buzzz :-D

That's awesome Nate! :thmbup:
And if anyone gives you a hard time about it, you should remind them how many hours of your time it took to get to that point. :eek:

was a blind anny shot on an elevated basket...they can say all they want...no one on the day was begrudging the ACE as they knew the hole. Now right tee would be a differant story.

Z Boaz #1

Got my very first ace this morning at Z Boaz in Fort Worth, TX. Hole #1, 205 foot par 3 using Champion Beast. Good thing it hit chains since I didn't realize it was that short Lol. Would have gone a long ways by.

Last edited:
got my first tourney ace during DGLO this past weekend. hole 5 long tee on Monster at Hudson Mills. hit it with a cryztal flx challenger. the great part about it is there was no ace pool and the bounty from Discraft turned out to be my choice of any $15 disc.....:|.
ef3fb25c.jpg

5/27/14 Career Ace #12, hole #13 @ May Dennis Park in Pratt KS. 186 ft threw my ESP Buzzz and skipped a tiny bit off the dirt mound and dead center chains.
2nd on this course.

Attachments

• ACE12.jpg
    ACE12.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations!
Now the dilemma, do you "retire" your very 1st ace disc or keep throwing it?
;)
Never retire an ace disc! There's no harm in bagging an identical disc to throw in risky situations (although I don't even bother with this) but there is more than one ace in any disc.

Proof: Just got my second ace on my MVP Tensor on Friday. I need to nail a straight on ace with this disc, as the first ace on it was a high anhyzer that floated into the chains, and the second was a 195' hyzer shot hugging a tree line that looked like it was going to be long and potentially OB when it slammed into the chains. I guess it proves that many aces are bad shots gone good. I might consider retiring this disc if I get my hat trick of aces on it.

^^there is point in retiring an ace disc. ive lost a few ace discs. i have two in my bag with two aces on each. if i lose em, oh well time for new plastic :)

i dont see how people grow such an attachment to plastic. but then again thats also coming from the same guy who doesnt throw OOP

Middle Creek #15

Ace this morning, playing a putter only round. MC #15 is the stairway shot, blind dogleg left at the bottom of about 100 stairs. Had a good line off the tee, had to strain to listen over the parks & rec equipment - heard chains, disc was waiting for me in the basket!:thmbup:

Terrible rest of the round, but that didn't matter!

Got my fifth ace today over my lunch break. UW Whitewater, hole 15, 215 feet downhill a bit. Felt good as soon as I released it as long as it didn't skim the trees about a foot below the perfect line.

Got my 8th ace yesterday at Tower Park DGC in Warren, IN: a course I designed and installed. Hole 8 is just a short 190' but we dug up tee areas yesterday to get ready for concrete this weekend. So I threw behind the pad about 200'. My first ace on the course, my first forehand ace, my first ace with anything other than a mid or putter (hit it with a star firebird), and it was on a suspended basket. Witnessed by atleast 10 new people, my friend who asked me to come play with him (it was only his second or third time out) so he really enjoyed it. Then a bunch of kids who live right next to the hole were out playing baseball and took a break to watch us throw. They all saw it and cheered, next thing I know, about half of them grabbed their discs and came out to the course to play:) I enjoyed seeing them get excited and want to duplicate that and go out and play than i did slamming the chains. i love seeing people out on the course since it is a new thing to our town!

Saw two bald eagles on #11 at Pier Park this morning. Then aced #12 with my brand soaking new CFR Tern. All before 8am. Pretty good morning.

First tournament ace yesterday! Red Barn Rip The Sequel at Lenora Park in Snellville, GA. Hole 9, 317 feet and PURED it! Wife was with me caddying so pretty cool she got to see it. First round on the same hole I parked it by running straight at it. So second round I take the same approach, even though most people hyzer something around the right sitting tree that guards the basket. Me and one of my *D's were very much in sync yesterday. So step up to the pad, and just release the destroyer super smoothly on a lazer, low line. A hair of anhyzer had her very slightly turning right as going down the fairway on a frozen rope. Starts to hook up just as it approaches the guardian tree, the whole card is oohing and ahhing. Then SMASH!! She just barrels into the chains with complete disregard for their well being. Myself and card mates explode with just as much joy. From the sound of the chains, and the joy of the card, it was later dubbed "the ace heard 'round the course".

Rewind to the first round where me and that *D were in sync. I told one of my card mates I thought I was going to ace with that disc that day. Then at lunch break I find out one of my buddies aced during the first round, so as we were breaking from lunch I told him he was gonna have to split that ace pot with me. Then sure enough I smashed one in on my third hole of the 2nd round! However, two more people ended up aceing in the 2nd round so we all split the ace pot 4 ways. Still paid $60 each, and it was my first tourney ace, so no complaints here!

Nailed an Ace today on hole 10 (280') @ Bevier Park in IL with a Yellow 175g Lucid Renegade. It was my first Ace ever. There was a nice cross wind and I was hoping to just park it on the side of the mound that the basket is on, but when I let go I thought I put too much on it and was going over the other side. Instead it hit the chains and decided to stick. I didn't even realize I had made an Ace until my wife was like "oh my word, you just ace'd!"

This morning during leagues at Limona, I nailed a nice 240 ft shot over water with a DX flat top roc. I was saying before we began that I had had many nice shots on #4 but no ace. Well today it changed, and I'm 100$ richer:)

Hit Ace #4 today, second league ace for me this year. A straight shot with my M4 on hole 17, Airpark Field.

Saw two bald eagles on #11 at Pier Park this morning. Then aced #12 with my brand soaking new CFR Tern. All before 8am. Pretty good morning.

Karma right there. A Tern that has an ace and never has hit the ground? Hang that puppy on a wall man. :clap::thmbup:

Only 1 ace this year so far (also a cubby, but that doesn't count).

Just nailed hole 1 in the right position at Hiestand the other day. Threw a slight anny that turned enough before straightening out to be on the line to the basket. Bounced straight up off the front of the basket, barely touched some chains, and then somehow fell in.

It was also my first ace with a disc that I dyed - Bruce came up big.

picture.php

Latest posts