• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Congratulations, brother! No better feeling than hearing those chains from the teepad. :)

Sweet first ace there. And I'm a supporter of retiring your first, if it's replaceable. My first was a putter ace with an Aviar, coincidentally just before Des & Jay ('Yeti') Reading were in town to do a putting clinic, so not only is my first ace on the wall, I got it signed by a pair of world champs! :p

Sweet first ace there. And I'm a supporter of retiring your first, if it's replaceable.

Since it was with a 172g Innova Champion Sidewinder that I bought to replace a disc I lost, I will be able to get more of them pretty easy. I am just going to buy a different color and see if I can get more of them on the mantle.

Since it's your first, retire it. I did with my first but since then they stay in the bag and try to go for more. Have one teebird with 3 aces

Congrats. I'm still searching for that first one.

Yep, same here. Gonna happen soon though, I can feel it. Man, I wish I had a weekend like that, 6-7 courses, that would be a blast. Congrats on your ace my man.

FINALLY got a 2014 ace!

Bryant Lake in Edina, MN. Aced hole 15, blind uphill. Threw a Pulse slight anhyzer power up the hill to the right of a tree and fade center. We all thought it was a parked shot...walked up and it was hanging in the chains. 2nd Ace with that disc.

23rd ace today. Felt good after missing 2 birdie putts in a row :doh:

It was a good time. :hfive:

Now to get the 24th :|:|

forgot to post here last week when i aced lawless #6 in it's short postion, 144ft uphill with m. ibex straight at it all the way. i thought it was going to cruise on by, but it softly hit the chains for my 3rd ace and my shortest.

Just got my first ace ever at Truckee River Regional Park on Hole 2. It was in the short position, but the straight on approach is blocked by two trees. Took an Innova Nova, threw it on a little hyper out to the right, it flattens out but starts to slow down as it gets close to the basket. Starts fading hard left and I figured "cool, it's going to land near the basket. pretty much a tap in birdie." The I hear the magical sound of clanging chains. The first thought was "must've chained out" since I lost an ace last year due to a buzz shooting through the chains. I peek through the trees as the guys on tee pad 3 yell "holy **** it's in! I can't believe I saw that!" There it is, the bright green rim of the Nova sitting in the basket 254ft away from me. Coffee cup in hand I sprinted to that damn basket. Felt so good to have that happen, but now I need to spend a little extra money and get a new Nova. That ace disc isn't staying in there for long.

Aced #5 at Benedict Park. 200 ft. downhill with my FLX Challenger. The way the hole is set up the best (only) shot is an ace run anyway. It's hard to not be long or short.

9330c186.jpg

My first post here. Last thursday I was playing with a group of ten players, all of whom had been playing longer than me and played better than me. Three of them played in the pro open division. We set up to tee off at hole 13 at latimer lakes park in horn lake ms. Anyone who has played this hole knows it's a very tough and very wooded fairway to the basket, at about 280 feet of legnth. I was the last to throw and everyone before me had caught one of those nasty trees i spoke of. I bombed a disccraft xs up the fairway on a frozen rope. It passes all the trees and makes it into the cove the basket is in. It catches dead center chains and rings the most glorious of sounds in all of sports. CHIIIINNGG!!!!! YES! I just aced in the biggest group I've ever even played in, much less actually aced in. With the amount of people that were with me, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was on this site and could verify this ace. I have a picture of the disc everyone signed, if anybody thinks they may have been in the group with me, ill upload it.

My first post here. Last thursday I was playing with a group of ten players, all of whom had been playing longer than me and played better than me. Three of them played in the pro open division. We set up to tee off at hole 13 at latimer lakes park in horn lake ms. Anyone who has played this hole knows it's a very tough and very wooded fairway to the basket, at about 280 feet of legnth. I was the last to throw and everyone before me had caught one of those nasty trees i spoke of. I bombed a disccraft xs up the fairway on a frozen rope. It passes all the trees and makes it into the cove the basket is in. It catches dead center chains and rings the most glorious of sounds in all of sports. CHIIIINNGG!!!!! YES! I just aced in the biggest group I've ever even played in, much less actually aced in. With the amount of people that were with me, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was on this site and could verify this ace. I have a picture of the disc everyone signed, if anybody thinks they may have been in the group with me, ill upload it.

you better upload it so we can confirm you did in fact ace. :popcorn:

Also I looked at the hole it's kind of funny the Teesign and the hole info have different lengths

Last edited:
you better upload it so we can confirm you did in fact ace. :popcorn:

Also I looked at the hole it's kind of funny the Teesign and the hole info have different lengths

here ya go!

http://imgur.com/akVzUys

yea i don't really trust the signs at this course. I feel like they just eyeballed a lot of them or basket locations have been changed over the years.

p.s. - i cant figure out how to insert the pic to make it work on here. Sorry!

Last edited:
the website says 227 and the sign says 197

this was a couple weeks ago but i just saw this thread again and figured id contribute. aced hole 4 at Seymour Lake Park with a c-line pd. hyzer around the right side. been playing this course for years and never aced here, they added a second set of chains last year and finally after numerous chain outs i got one to stick here. my longest ace to date at 340ft.
d1629b39.jpg

Latest posts