• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

in fact I can almost guarantee that one of the two^^ will be there within a week of you listing it (or them noticing it in a thread), and the other will be there within the month.

Still working on a good tee for #2 that makes it challenging for RH AND LH. I think we found a place but have to run it by others.

I met with you guys last year for a walk-through, and some other Mad City Disc golf members toured the park at other times. I was wondering what was going on, since I had driven by a few times to take a peek just in case. I'm happy to see the designer / parks dept followed the advice to put in six nicer, safer holes, rather than a cramped nine. Absolutely post it on DGCR .... it should be a great addition to the community. Did the City actually purchase three portable baskets to put out for tournaments / special events? Congrats on the installation, and the ace! Look forward to checking it out.

Come out to the event in November - might be cold, might be snowy, but any of the shule will have died back, and I will guarantee a good time.

Ace with my 175 thunderbird - first time using it.

Not sure if I like the disc yet, but now it's all inked up

Wow.

I decided last minute to play a tourney (C tier) at a course I've never played. Checking the registration there were only 2 rec (I'm 851) so I decided to give it a whirl at intermediate and get crushed. Ended up with a field of 24 in INT so I was hoping to end up 15th-20th or so especially since I'd not played the course before. The course is a 8103' par 70 from the whites which we played - but a LOT of elevation in play and a lot of tight, technical par 4s that are a challenge even though they are relatively short. To make it more fun - we had rain on and off all day and some nasty gusty wind all day as well.

I played better than expected (other than 1 blow up hole) the first round and was in 12th with an 81. 2nd round was back and fourth on our card all round and other than 2 holes in the middle that I melted down a bit on I held it together much better than my cardmates and slowly starting gaining strokes. Ended up with a 79 and coming in 10th/24 and cashing. Definitely a great way to end my season (sanctioned tourneys at least) and I can't wait to see how those rounds rated out - should be going up a bit.

hole 1 at calvary in st cloud mn.

yzDz8m8.jpg

i was standing from the teebox in the pic. basically you can rh you can either do a small hyzer line, huge hyzer over the road, or a flick is possible too. the basket is protected a bit by the trees.

i took the small direct hyzer line with a flx buzz, usually i throw a putter but the wind was howlin

my last ace was in january of this year. so i was due for one. 230 ft.

Got another one today, 324' tunnel with crazy trees, knocked it down with a Sidewinder. That makes 3 total, in just 4 months!

Do you take your ace discs out of circulation? I have heard of this, but I don't think I could do it. So far I have aced with a TL3, Sidewinder, and Truth.