• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Congrats to my fellow DisCapper, Tim Defranco, for his FIRST EVER ACE !!!

Hole 18, Hyzer Creek
162' narrow fairway across a 30' deep valley.

155814_122463497818308_3922721_n.jpg

Finally got one this year. Hole 11 at porcupine ridge in augusta maine. 220 blind hyzer righty flick. The saga in the air was great.

I throw it think "eh good shot" but am indifferent
buddy says "that's in" as disc hyzers around corner
I think "no way " I missed inside
Then I think "actualy I don't really know..."
I hear a resounding chain smash
I declare that's an ace and then walk up to find out it is. Biggest disc payout for me yet, basket, 110 in discs and 50 in free passes. When it rains it pours. Love identifying it by the sound so definitively.

Last edited:
I finally joined the Platinum ace club tonight with my first 300+' ace. I was out throwing a few rounds after work (ok 8 rounds of 9 holes). Round no. 7, hole 2 at The Wilds, the pin has been moved from its original placement and now measures at 302'. I had been running eagles and Teebirds at it, but decided to try flipping my proline beast. It flipped up beautifully just a tad past flat and to the right of the hole then faded beautifully and nailed the chains. It hit so hard, I wasn't sure it stayed in (I had one spit out 2 weeks ago on this hole). Pretty cool way to join the club. Longest ace, first with that disc, and then that disc parked 5' from a par 5 later in the round. Pretty much a good night!

I've never gotten to make back to back posts before!

Nothing special tonight, just a 175' ace with a 10x KCP Aviar with about 30 kids watching (hole 1 at The Wilds). I threw another for them and it hit the chains. Good way to start off a round. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there.....

Hole 18, Hyzer Creek

I really like that hole. Pretty shot.

And since it is 162' I'll add a very sloppy first ever ace to the thread. Rock Ridge, Pittsboro, NC #4 Short 162'. I threw a little anny with my putter, and turned around in disgust to pick up my bag since I knew I put too much anny on it to hit the line. Next I hear my disc one of the trees near the basket, and then the telltale splash of chains. One of my worst drives, and it brings my first ace. Now I'll have to make one from the long tee pad.

I went out tonight to throw a quick round before dark and saw 2 kids throwing discs at a handicap sign. Instead of reprimanding them, I asked them if they knew how to play. They said they didn't, so I offered to show them. Playing through, having a really good round with only 1 stroke off of a near perfect round, when I got to hole 7 at The Wilds. It's only 165', but one of the most technically difficult holes on the course. The basket is tucked about 10' past a building that sits directly between the tee and the basket. Woods along the left side mandate a big hyzer route. Immediately behind the basket is a steep dropoff into the creek. I've hit the basket here a couple times, but it usually bounces off and goes down that embankment... So I pulled out my Glo Z Zone tonight and tossed it up there. I didn't hear any chains, but heard the clang of the basket, so I assumed I hit the cage and fell off. One of the kids ran up and yelled "It's in the basket!" I thought he was pulling my leg, but I ran up there and sure enough, no chains, just pure bottom of the basket goodness! That makes 3 aces, 3 days in a row, and this one probably got my 2 witnesses hooked on the sport! That's a good day right there!

Today I was playing a round with my former roommate (he ditched me when he got married, go figure... lol) We were finishing up a round when we saw some newbz throwing from a tee to the wrong basket. After giving them directions, I let my buddy throw his shot, then, recognizing the tailwind, grabbed my Glo Z Zone and stepped up to deliver a 192' ace (hole 9 at The Wilds). 6 witnesses. I feel like a little bit of a d'bag with 4 posts on this page, but 4 aces on 4 consecutive days on 4 different holes makes me feel a little better. I'll probably never have a week like this again!

Last edited:
They're hard to see coming and always look different from behind. Absolutely no aces this month. :(

Hole #3 at White Birch near St Louis.....
all of 211 feet with a lazer straight 172g, No Stamp, White MVP Tangent!

Got my first ever ace on new years day. Hole 17 at Bear Branch. Not a very far hole, but damn it felt good. And my first ace happened to be with the first disc i ever dyed. star boss!

Tee post circled in red.

Hole 18, Hyzer Creek

This hole looks super fun. I imagine the trees on either side really mess with you psychologically. bet watching that thing go in was awesome!

4/4/14 Ace #11 on hole #14 @ May Dennis Park in Pratt KS. 1st at this course, finally, and first of 2014.

Yesterday I aced hole 14 at Bullsnake Alley in Casper, WY. It was windy and my disc was getting toyed with by the wind. I didn't really know it was an ace run until it hit the chains dead center and fell into the basket. I don't know how long the hole is, I would guess 250 to 270'. 9th ace and first one of this year!

Bagged hole 7 at Calvery dgc in Plainwell. It was only 146ft so I didn't even have a chance to get excited before it went in. That whole postage stamp of a course was good for a giggle.

Got my second Ace today. Kress Creek Farms West Chicago, IL. Hole 10. 212' (Not sure if the distance is right, it looks to be a bit longer)

I hit it with a beat Eclipse on a hyzerflip turnover line. Witnesses by my almost 2 year old son and a jogger who happened to be passing by on the path. Dude was at least as excited as I was. Came running over to give me a high five.:hfive:

Last edited:
Quick couple of rounds at Highland Hills on my way home after work. Remembered the shortie #7, went for it with my first tee shot using my zero soft pure. Yep. Ace #13!

Sooner or later, I'll get all the dinky holes in town. A dubious honor, to be sure, but you've got to have goals, right? :eek:

Latest posts