• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR aces 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my first ace in 2016 on Friday. Farmington #6. It's not a long hole, maybe 230 feet, but it's a blind, tricky left to right line through a bit of a gate with an OB creek 20' in front of the basket. Threw a Star Sidewinder on a medium anhyzer. Can't see the basket from the tee so when I heard the crash of the chains, I was just hoping it stuck. Playing alone as usual, so it was nice there were some players on an adjacent fairway to see it.

This was my first ace at the Farmington course and it gives me an ace at all four local courses. Well... my ace at the Sports Complex is on a hole that's been removed now, but that still counts right?

My first ace of the year yesterday at Fort Yargo. Hole 9, only 182 feet. Hit it with the beat in elite-X Comet RHBH straight up the gap. I have played at least 200 rounds at the home course since I've started playing, so I was pretty pumped to finally get an ace there, especially with the wind yesterday.

Got ace #6 yesterday afternoon at Wills Park on hole 13 (short position approximately 170ft?). Slight anny with a 750 PA-4 that glided right into the basket.

Unfortunately, nobody was there to see it. So if you hit an ace in the woods and nobody is there to see it, is it still an ace? :\

Got Ace number 3 on the year at Ham Lake DGC hole #6. Think it's 225 feet, threw my now 3 time ace disc Goldline Mercy smack dead center.

I almost didn't make it out today, glad I did. Hole 15 @ Showa Kinen Park with a 165 Z Comet. It's hard to say exactly how far out it is because of the recent course redesign, but I'd say it's between 150-200ft out. I've been piling up the ace count ever since adding this mold to the bag :thmbup:

#4 Prospect Park Moline. Sign says 221 par 3. Plays over a valley. I would guesstimate the basket is 20 feet below the tee box. Ledgestone CryZtal Sparkle FLX Ringer. Love this disc even more now.

If this counts, I had my first ace last week. I have a massive property, so I can make a five hole course. The first hole is about 270 feet long. I threw a 170 gram Elite X XL. The disc hit a tree branch and got knocked to an anhyzer angle. The disc was about to fade when it went in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 13
So tallied up ace numero 4 on the year today, hole number 8 at Ham Lake DGC, think it plays 180'? It's a short little hyzer shot, mini spike with my now 4 time ace disc Goldline Mercy. She loves banging chains.

Just aced hole 17 at Valley View in New Berlin, WI off a blind sidearm with my Teebird!!! :thmbup: 2nd ever ace. It was 6 years ago I hit my first one, but I haven't played much since then.

aced #19 (~300ft) in the windy river open warm up round doubles. didn't pay the extra dollar for ace pot :( didn't have a dollar, guess i shoulda asked somebody to borrow a dollar. always cool to ace though. (my 8th)
didn't think it was going in, cuz it was going straight at it the whole time, but never got around to fading & smashed the chains. (c-line 175 PD)

Hit my first ace ever on Sunday at McClatchy Park in Sacramento, hole #5, with a hyzer-flipped AK-47. Of course, no one saw it but me...

Aced hole 14 of Showa Kinen Park with a 156 gram Sure Grip Wizard from 246ft out. It was truly a thing of beauty :)

So tallied up ace numero 4 on the year today, hole number 8 at Ham Lake DGC, think it plays 180'? It's a short little hyzer shot, mini spike with my now 4 time ace disc Goldline Mercy. She loves banging chains.

Played a few rounds this morning, Got it again, this time I used my Lucid Suspect. 5 on the year.

Ace hole 8 Green, "The Frog's Eye" at Diamond X on Saturday. Dist. 147', up 24'. First ever ace in a dubs round and first ever ace with a Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts