• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2018

picture.php

2nd Ace of 2018, at Coker College DGC, Hole #6- 216ft Par: 3. I hit with my brand new Dynamic Disc Renegade that I purchased only a few days prior. It's a 171 weight, and my kids even asked me to hit them a hole in one, I responded with "i don't think that's gonna happen, but okay."

Congrats on the ace!

Also on getting a Renegade. Got my first ace of 2018 with a 167g Renegade Jan 11. A Rengade is a must have disc for me. I currently bag 5. 2 stable (max weight), 2 understable (167) and a neutral (171). That way I can have stable and understable with lights and without so I have the same discs for day and night use. I only have 1 171 so it has a light.

So, I call my buddy Troy to see how he's handling his post-op week (knee on Monday), and wish him well. I'm on my way to Woodland Mound & promise I'll try to throw an ace for him. He's a Comet guy, so on hole 14, I throw my blue ESP Comet. Yep, another unwitnessed ace. 171' Nobody on the course but me. They can't handle a little mud. ...well... I brought Troy a little sunshine, anyway! :)

Didja ever notice that when you throw an ace, the next time you play that hole you WILL reach for the SAME disc? And you say to yourself, "... all right, just like last time!" Well, it finally worked. Aced hole 14 at the Mound today with my blue Comet, after hitting it last Thursday as well. I even had a witness this time (my friend Billy Secen was holing out on 10). First time I've ever aced the same hole in back to back rounds at a course! :)

Didja ever notice that when you throw an ace, the next time you play that hole you WILL reach for the SAME disc? And you say to yourself, "... all right, just like last time!" Well, it finally worked. Aced hole 14 at the Mound today with my blue Comet, after hitting it last Thursday as well. I even had a witness this time (my friend Billy Secen was holing out on 10). First time I've ever aced the same hole in back to back rounds at a course! :)
I hate you...

;):p

Finally got the first one this year.

Like many of you, aces are fun when yours friends have parked a drive and you better them with an ace. So I am playing Cedar Hills in Raleigh, Kris Hensler is playing with me and his game is way better than mine. So we have finished on round and are going to do another until darkness drives us off the course.

As we get to hole seven I am playing ok and he throws the hole with a Shark and sits his under the basket 2 feet from the pole. "Nice throw" I stated. Then I explained "I am going to take this Diamond hang it out to the right and it ought to land near by. Yup, left-handed under stable throw heads out right, then goes left, as expected...... Bam!!! It sticks Kris blurts out as he covers his eyes that "You have to move up to Advance for the next years doubles#!&*"

I am toast for upcoming doubles, but I bettered a friend during a causal round. Made him sign the disc...

I think over the years I have hit chains on no2 at least a dozen times. No aces... At least you don't have to watch what happens since its a blind shot lol... I cant hardly stand going there anymore. The teepads are so bad...

The last time I was there I blew right thru no10 basket with my crave... I am cursed

The down side of those blind shots is when they do go in you don't get to see them. This was the case on my hole 8 ace at Cedar Hills in Jan. Fortunately, one of the 4 buddies i was playing with was standing on the short pad and got to see the whole thing. Wait that makes it worse that he saw it and i didn't. Damn.

Like many of you, aces are fun when yours friends have parked a drive and you better them with an ace. So I am playing Cedar Hills in Raleigh, Kris Hensler is playing with me and his game is way better than mine. So we have finished on round and are going to do another until darkness drives us off the course.

As we get to hole seven I am playing ok and he throws the hole with a Shark and sits his under the basket 2 feet from the pole. "Nice throw" I stated. Then I explained "I am going to take this Diamond hang it out to the right and it ought to land near by. Yup, left-handed under stable throw heads out right, then goes left, as expected...... Bam!!! It sticks Kris blurts out as he covers his eyes that "You have to move up to Advance for the next years doubles#!&*"

I am toast for upcoming doubles, but I bettered a friend during a causal round. Made him sign the disc...

As many times as you have been in that pond to get my discs out, you deserved that Ace. Way to go Big E. Wish I had seen it.

28577831_10160122720110201_3284438561326260709_n.jpg

Hit an ace the other day from short tee of Hole #3 at Pioneer Trail Park in Gladstone, MI. 130' straight and slightly uphill. Not a super impressive ace, but it is a shot from a tee into a basket! My first since 2011, and my first since I started playing more frequently in 2016.

Winter golf has been fun, but I'm looking forward to summer!

First of the year, and my first outside of WI.

Hit 9 at Cloundland during a rain round. Easily my best rain round ever, -12. I usually suck in rain.

260 slight uphill, threw QMS almost flat, slight hyzer, high just right of the pin. Faded ever so gently.

Attachments

• 20180310_113058.jpg
    20180310_113058.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180310_112929.jpg
    20180310_112929.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 18
More than two years since my last ace, I got two aces on the same course 11 days apart. The first was on hole #14 at Vista Del Camino in Scottsdale, AZ (Memorial hole #3) with a color glow Shryke with a backhand throw and with a skip. The pin was in position B and not position A like the Memorial. However, it was my longest ace at 340 feet. Eleven days later I was on hole #11 which is not a hole that is played in the Memorial XL layout, but it goes to the position of Memorial hole #18. I threw a champion orange Destroyer up high over the water. It looked to be a good shot, but was on track to come down 25 feet left of the basket when it clipped a tree up high and went straight down into the basket. Those red Discatcher Pro baskets have been good luck for me.

It took me 8 yrs of playing before I got my 1st Ace. My son Logan hit his yesterday at 7 years old at Mars Bluff DGC in Florence, South Carolina.

https://youtu.be/ceyJN-dzpGU

That's awesome. Just played the course two weeks ago. Your son looks like he'd school me on the course with that forehand.

Latest posts