• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Birthday Giveaway 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday DGCR.com

Favorite Courses:
Johnny Roberts DGC, Arvada, CO
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=581

This course has technical shots, many trees, and is well maintained. One of the best in Denver.

Cache La Poudre Jr. High
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=679

You can play this course 4 times over in an hour easy. It is short, but the trees make it fun. I had a blast playing here last time.

Favorite Discs:

Discraft Elite X Stratus, Blue 172g
Discraft Elite X XS, Yellow 169g

Favorite Websites:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/
(Of Course)

http://denverlibrary.org/
(Books, DVDs, CDs, etc all for free!!)

Comments:
On DGCR.com I have made some friends, gotten some great advice, had more than a few laughs, seen some cool photos, and viewed and reviewed some awesome disc golf courses. This site is a great site for anyone who plays disc golf. The members of this site are helpful and stick true to the disc golf spirit. This site has gotten me even more hooked on disc golf!

1. Your 2 favorite courses

Mackenzie Park :D

Harry Myers :D

2. Your 2 favorite discs
Soft Rhyno, Star Wraith, or maybe even a classic avair... Too many choices.

3. Your 2 favorite websites
This ONE
I'm sorta new to the site but have been addicted ever since I join. I love the community, reviews, and info on new equipment.

Redraidersports.com
Being a Tech alum I love this site for the best info on all things Texas Tech. Sure it has nothing to do with DG but I love it.

4. Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share

Everything looks to be working great. This was a revolutionary idea here.

Harry Myers(rockwall tx) and lester lorch dgc(cedar hill tx)

Wraith and Rhyno

Dgcourse review and hulu

this is the most helpful DG site on the web by far

* Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!)

Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, Illinois and Dankwardt Park in Burlington, Iowa

* Your 2 favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag)

Champion Valkyrie
Super Stupid Soft Wizard

* Your 2 favorite websites (there is at least one correct answer here guys )

Of course one would be what my wife calls Disc Golf Crack Review affectionately called DGCR to its users
The other is our hometown newspaper.

* Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share (optional)

Keep up the good work and do NOT leave us.

• My two favorite discs are probably the Star Teerex and my DX Teebird. I say this because these are my most used discs...it's tough to narrow down to favorites, especially two.

• I've been with this site since pretty much the beginning, (check the member number;) ), I will only say this is my go to site for anything related to courses. The forums have become a great source of info and discussion over the last year or so, and this site is usually one of my first stops when I get online. Thanks Tim for the work you do and the place we have. :)

1) Bryan Park In Richmond and New Quarter Park in Williamsburg
2) Star Monarch and Star Roadrunner
3) dgcouresereview and Disc Golf Center (One for reviews and fun and one for purchases)
4) Maybe a once a year event, like a DGcoursereview tournament where everyone from the site that is a registered member can meet in a voted on location and meet for a day or weekend of DG and fun. It can be moved year to year so it will be organized on Esat coast one year, west coast one year, south states one year, ect. People that know each other only by web names and posts can get to meet and share there love of the game and the site!

Courses - Camden II (or I) in Milan IL. Camden II has the biggest teepads I have ever seen. The whole course is laid out realy well. It is alot of fun even though it is hard.

Pennisula Park in Iowa City IA. This little gem is located right on the river. While it has had some flood damage done to it recently the front 10 and 16-18 are still there. In a college town where the other 2 courses are constantly packed this little gem hardly has any traffic. Great Little course and will be even better once it is back to it's former glory.

Discs- Teebird and APX pretty much all I need

Websites- Discgolfreview.com and Iowadg

Tips- I would like to be able to map out directions to various courses. It looks like googlesmaps so I think this should be possible.

1. De LaVeaga Santa Cruz, CA Stafford Lake, Novato, CA
2. Side Winder DX, Cobra DX
3. dgcoursereview.com, craigslist.org

My favorite course is Williamson County Park.
My second favorite course is The newly re-designed Circle C.

My favorite disc is my first ace disc the JK Pro Aviar.
My second favorite disc is Da Boss.

This is my absolute favorite website, hands down.
My second favorite website is http://www.pdga.com/

My one pet peave on the site is the common problem of newer members rushing and doing too many lower quality reviews and then getting a bunch of thumbs downs for it. They then get discouraged and leave the site and their crappy reviews stay on and clutter up the site. There should be a better way to have these removed either voluntarily by the member who created the review or by a minimum number of thumbs down votes.

My 2 Favorite courses
East Roswell Park and
Redan

Discs: Can't live without my Roc and KCPro Aviar

Favorite Websites: I spend a lot of time here at DGCR, other than that, I'd have to say http://lifehacker.com

As for the site, I haven't used most of the features yet. Perhaps a feature that would physically slap someone for bringing up the topic of Pro vs. posted Par?

My two favorite courses: Honestly, I haven't been playing a long time, so I have a limited number of courses to choose from. I would have to narrow it down to these two:

Sipolt Memorial Golf Course - Macomb, IL: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1822

I went to school at WIU, and when they put this course in at the base of my dorm, it was my first introduction to playing disc golf. Not very challenging or particularly difficult, but you always remember your first, right?

Jericho Lake - Aurora, IL: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=547

This course was the first time I really went out and got serious about playing. I didn't have much experience, but I had a good group of friends that showed me the ropes, and despite playing round after round watching them bomb drive and me duff shots into trees, I stuck with it.

Two Favorite Discs:

I love my 175g Star Wraith for forehand shots. I started using it on a hole that required long straight drive with a RH finish, and have been getting better about throwing it this year. I have started to get it to turn left, which lets me use it a lot more now.

Second favorite is my 168g Champion Leopard. Found it on the course with no name on it, only one word written on the bottom. I thought for the longest time that it said "Flick" on the bottom, but after showing it to a friend, I find out that it says something entirely different. Apparently the "L" and "i" were only one letter, which changes the name entirely.

Two Favorite Websites:

DGCourseReview has been sucking up a lot of my time lately.

Craigslist is also a favorite of mine. It's like having the worlds biggest flea market right there in your living room, lol.

Suggestions: Being relatively new the the site and the game, I don't have much to suggest yet. I love how active and helpful the membership is here. It is great as someone staring out to have this resource available to offer help with some of the finer points of the game.

Fav Courses
Community Park, Channahon, IL
Highland Park, Joliet, IL
Fav Discs
Champ Viking
Champ Monster
Fav Websites
Dgcoursereview.com
Discontinuum.org

I love this site.
Keep up the good work guys.

Wow -- I didn't realize that this was a popular way to "celebrate!"

As for my current favorite course, I have to say NAD in Bremerton, WA since it reminds me of my old hometown, Santa Cruz, CA. I am still working on deciding on my second favorite course which is a swing between one that I haven't played at yet and one that just vest me deeply! I haven't played at Horning's Hideout in North Plains Oregon and the one that challenges me at the same time is SeaTac Disc Golf Course in Washington. The reason I have put these both down as my "second" is because I've heard all good kinds of things about Horning's Hideout. As for SeaTac - my highest scores were there, but it drives me to work harder at the sport and challenges me at the same time to do my darnest to bring down my scores!

My favorite discs are: Innova's Champion RoadRunner (160g) and a tie between Champion Panther and DX Gazelle! I am still exploring the different discs and I hope to make some more decisions between the other makers of discs (Discraft, Gateway, Lighting, QuestAT, and etc.)

Oh... This one is a tough one! I have several favorite websites -- of course, they're all related to DISC GOLF!!!! As everyone's favorite: DGCR (dgcoursereview.com)! My other two favorites are: Northwest Disc Golf News and Deaf Disc Golf Association Community Forum. The reasoning behind NWDGN is that it keeps me posted about disc golf events in the Pacific Northwest area and it has news, calendar, forums, vendors, courses, and links all at one site. DDGA is one of my "home" groups because I am deaf and I play disc golf, it is a site that allows me to link with other deaf disc golf players across the states.

As for suggestions? Recommendations? -- I really can't say much because you have covered everything that a player can want on a site! Right now my favorite part of DGCR is the map! I love it! It will be coming into play soon since I plan to make a road trip from the NW to Midwest in July. I love being able to find the different courses that are "close" to my zip code. There is just so much to share about disc golfing.
How about one for the disc golf dogs/critters? (wink!) NO! I won't pack up my ferret to go discing with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.