• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR custom stamp disc?

Ding ding. And the financier stands to do well as does timG.

$350 in (shipping) $450 out, $100 bucks return for providing a loan basically = WIN
$1500 out with $450 to costs and $250 to shipping = $800 for TimG= WIN
Disc sponsor = Banner ad that 10k people see regularly for a discount on disc cost = WIN

Everyone profits.

If disc cost is closer to 7 bucks price moves up accordingly for all parties, profit still abounds WIN still abounds.

I would be SERIOUSLY shocked if the disc folk didn't give you a SCREAMING deal for the banner ad.

the problem with the banner ad senario is that timg already has sponcers for that and it seems that he likes the very simple design of the site (as do I) and doesn't want to make more ad space.

Plus, we need a design.

I've given GoodDriveBadPutt the go ahead to take the lead on the disc project and see if we can make this happen.

Yeah, I sent an e-mail to Innova to see about the CFR plastic, will probably call them soon too as I am getting pretty antsy about it.

After looking over this thread as a whole, there are a few things that really stand out

1. Discraft is not an option, due to high production minimums
2. People want slower discs, like putters, mids, fairways
3. People want them to glow (so do I!)
4. Gateway putters? Wizards, Voodoo, Magic?
5. Innova Discs - Aviars, Rocs, anything else?

The one thing that I am not sure about is the plastic type. That is where I really need to do some research. I love premium plastic, but I am not sure if we can get glow premium plastic... any expert input here is greatly appreciated! Glow vs. Premium is going to be a tough call (unless there is something out there that is both and not Discraft).

This is what I have planned (in my head).

1. Find out about CFR plastic. If it is available, chances are very good this will be the route.
2. If not, have to get a general consensus on Innova vs. Gateway, taking into account the available plastics
3. Once we get manufacturer/plastic figured out, we would need to identify one or more molds, and the quantities
4. Stamp design is way out of my league, in a ton of different ways. Someone else should probably take charge of that as well, or we can default to some existing DGCR graphics.
5. Once we get the mold, plastic, and graphic, we're set!

I was going to make a group devoted just to this custom stamped disc, but is probably not needed. Maybe one more poll in the future to decide on the final disc, and a pre-order period to get the quantity right.

Any comments or criticism, let it fly. My ultimate goal is not to make a profit, but to help spread the goodness to as many people as possible.

why not use the DG Course Review "swoosh" design for the stamp (Just thinline the swoosh instead of making it solid as DG companies dont usually like large stamp areas like that.)

why not use the DG Course Review "swoosh" design for the stamp (Just thinline the swoosh instead of making it solid as DG companies dont usually like large stamp areas like that.)
If a standard DGCR stamp is used, it'll probably be the basket logo one that is on the minis.

Innova makes champ glo.

Ah, I did not know that. Nice. Looks like we are pretty limited in the slower molds there, though... Rhyno, Spider, Panther, Coyote? Is that really it?

Discraft is not an option, due to high production minimums

this is extremly not correct. The 1500 disc minimum was for ESP Comets.

From the Discraft website:
Custom Golf Discs:
Create your own design. 100 piece minimum for custom hot stamp, minimum 25 discs per model

This is applicable to ALL current models and plastics. CryZtal and Glows are a possibility, but it says that they are for tournaments and clubs only. I would bet that if you talked to [email protected] about it, you could convince him we are a "club", or at least to make an exception for this.

You can find more info here

- Agent Peebody, I was just saying that the Mako doesn't come in champion plastic, referring to the glow champion consideration. Or am I wrong there too...

- Skinner, thanks for the correction! I completely misread that the first time through, obviously. This is going to be a team effort all right.

Do we at least agree that this should be a glow disc? Considering we will get these around the same time the sun sets at 3:00 PM :)(), it is a must, right? I would also prefer to have it be glow and translucent, so you can either use UV light or an LED.

I really like Discraft's Z Glow plastic (especially the Glow Stalker), and Glow Wizards. I haven't tried any Innova Glow plastic.

I don't think you can go wrong with Glow plastic.

- Agent Peebody, I was just saying that the Mako doesn't come in champion plastic, referring to the glow champion consideration. Or am I wrong there too...

- Skinner, thanks for the correction! I completely misread that the first time through, obviously. This is going to be a team effort all right.

Do we at least agree that this should be a glow disc? Considering we will get these around the same time the sun sets at 3:00 PM :)(), it is a must, right? I would also prefer to have it be glow and translucent, so you can either use UV light or an LED.

oh, i don't know about glo champ makos. i know they do champion makos though

oh, and thanks GDBP for taking this on! I'm really glad someone stepped up. This seems like a really cool idea that a lot of people would be on board for. :thmbup: