• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR custom stamp disc?

I love Gateway, and have 2 Apaches, 2 Warriors and an Element in my bag but making a run of those is just asking to have a bunch sitting around unsold. Non-Gateway putters are typically slow moving discs in the trade forum already, I can only imagine what flooding the place would do.

As much as I don't see what all the fuss is about with Rocs, they would be a much smarter choice if the goal is to sell a high percentage of them and make a profit.

I would be down for any gateway putter. I would love to see this on an organic voodoo

CHEERs - Koffee

my vote (and it sounds like a few agree) would be for a max-weight gateway putter.

i'd bet dave will do it, we all need to practice putting, and who doesn't like gateway putters?

i would really dig the Gateway putters if they were Glow. in my mind their glow plastic is the best for actual every day play

I will be having a good deal on Voodoos and minis soon.

Stay tuned. Thinking:

$8 shipped for 1
$21 for 3
$60 for 10

I am flexible but the funds will go to my women's tournament so I need to make something.

I understand, Dave just hooks me up when I need discs. I probably get the same deal you do. if it is a sweet stamp i might get one anyways

We could probably get an assortment of Gateway putters...I'd prefer glow as well. Can we narrow it down to Gateway?

Why doesn't someone grab the bull by the nuts and call all the major disc companies, before he or she does that this person can talk to Tim...maybe the aforementioned company that produces the official DGCR disc would be interested in receiving a free rotating banner ad for a year in exchange for "sponsorship" of the disc cost?

The person then asks all the companies, gathers the data, weighs cost vs. saleability and then chooses one.

Maybe...just maybe someone would be willing to come out of pocket for the initial investment in return for cost plus 10% profit when they sell?

You guys can talk for months, someone just step up and do it. :) And no, not volunteering, too much travel coming up with work to deal with it.

I guess the real thing we need to set out on then is some standards/metrics for comparrison. Like order size, stamp, plastic type, and delivery date

I would definitely volunteer to get this thing going, just to help contribute to the site, but I don't know how to handle all the logistics. Should we start a social group on here where everything can be nice and manageable?

I am also pondering how to decide the mold. Perhaps everyone gives a few different opinions, and then we make a poll? Personally, I don't want any more putters, as it is such a personal preference. I think a midrange would be the way to go, or maybe a fairway driver. I think an assassin or something is too fast for half of the people on here (including myself). Glow would be a plus.

It seems like a lot of people have already done a lot of legwork figuring out the different deals from the manufacturers, that is the easy part. If we had a social group or something we could have a thread devoted to the manufacturer, a thread devoted to the mold, a thread devoted to the glow/color of the disc... having only one thread for all this info is asking a lot.

Finally, I think we need to nail down exactly how many of these things we are going to buy. I know people think that 1,000 discs from discraft is way too many, but who knows for sure? Are these going to be advertised along with the minis and t-shirts and everything? Or is this going to be done independently of the website? Any input Tim?

So, if we are really serious about this, I think a social group is the way to go. Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

/long post

Here is my take:

1) Start with 100 discs...if they sell out in a week, re-invest and get 250...don't be stupid and saddle anyone with a garage full of plastic.

2) Find out who will give you the best deal. Look at this as a business op. If discraft says $3 and you can do 2 molds then do a buzzz and a putter or a buzzz and a stalker...every company has a "favorite disc" that will sell. $3 discs sold at $15 and you receive $4.50 a disc and Tim keeps about $8 (after shipping) and discraft gets a banner ad on probably the busiest disc golf site there is.

It really is pretty elementary, the more people you involve the longer it will take and the more convoluted it will get.

Here is my take:

1) Start with 100 discs...if they sell out in a week, re-invest and get 250...don't be stupid and saddle anyone with a garage full of plastic.

2) Find out who will give you the best deal. Look at this as a business op. If discraft says $3 and you can do 2 molds then do a buzzz and a putter or a buzzz and a stalker...every company has a "favorite disc" that will sell. $3 discs sold at $15 and you receive $4.50 a disc and Tim keeps about $8 (after shipping) and discraft gets a banner ad on probably the busiest disc golf site there is.

It really is pretty elementary, the more people you involve the longer it will take and the more convoluted it will get.

This, especially #1.

KISS. Keep it simple, stupid.

In other words, mids with a stable driver. Buzzz/Roc and a stalker/teebird in premuim plastics, if not CFR/CryZtal. They will sell with n00bs and vets alike and have about a 0% of being unpopular.

Personally, I wish the ESP Comet was still an option, but it's not. So let's more on to some simple discs that are big sellers that if we order 100 of will not be sitting around forever.

Let's remember people, the only reason someone would do this is for a profit.