• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Justin Trails meet up

I couldn't find much information on the camping there. Do you happen to know if they have an actual campground or just a few primitive sites?

Just primitive sites. At least that's all they had last time I was there probably 8 years ago or so.

We'd head over there Saturday morning. We'll have to work the Friday night before.

I couldn't find much information on the camping there. Do you happen to know if they have an actual campground or just a few primitive sites?

Just primitive sites, unless something has changed in the last few years. The lower level of the barn had a nice bathroom / shower available to campers. Plus a foosball table...

I remember thinking it was a bit spendy for what it is, pretty spot though. I was going to see what other camping was available nearby but haven't yet done that research.

Just primitive sites, unless something has changed in the last few years. The lower level of the barn had a nice bathroom / shower available to campers. Plus a foosball table...

I remember thinking it was a bit spendy for what it is, pretty spot though. I was going to see what other camping was available nearby but haven't yet done that research.

I had done a quick search. Seems a few options popped up in the area. I tossed around the idea of pulling my camper down and spending the night, but the drive isn't too far, either. Still might. We shall see.

I just took a closer look at my route and saw how close that takes me to Wilderness.:)

I definitely need to make this happen.

well if you go to wilderness you might as well go to birds too

then you can finally settle the great debate if birds is better than wilderness

also standing rocks (ill only vouch for the right section and middle section) or veteran hills is worthy of stops too but scattered around wi for anyone interested (wolfhaley probably covered this tho)

well if you go to wilderness you might as well go to birds too

then you can finally settle the great debate if birds is better than wilderness

also standing rocks (ill only vouch for the right section and middle section) or veteran hills is worthy of stops too but scattered around wi for anyone interested (wolfhaley probably covered this tho)

Umm what is this birds course you speak of? I'm out of the loop on this one.

Birds Ruins in Marshall WI, just east of Madison. Me and elmex really like it. Others, not so much.

It's no Wilderness though.

Got it thanks. Going to add it to my wish list and might just tack on another day to this trip! (and nope, no bias to be detected over here)... Pretty sure track record indicates I'll dig it as well...

Last edited:
Wilderness is one of my favorite courses ever. Just sayin'.

We might maybe get to Justin Trails this summer, but sadly not when y'all are there.

Have fun!

Great to hear that you love it... I still have plenty of good / great courses unplayed in a 4 hour radius which I'm happy about.

Wilderness is one of my favorite courses ever. Just sayin'.

We might maybe get to Justin Trails this summer, but sadly not when y'all are there.

Have fun!

As always, keep me posted if/when you're back up here. Maybe the weather will be better in the summer. It was 80 out last week. Then we had a blizzard. You never know in WI :|

Evansville DGC is probably my favorite Pat Blake niner. ...just to add to the PB mix.

they had construction there last year when i played which interfered with the course a bit

pretty fun for a water hazard heavy course

also since anyone would be super close i would def stop by double ds field of dreams which is a great 9er (although he claims 18 but its 2 tee pads 1 basket to = 18)

Latest posts