• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Justin Trails meet up

I'm going to need to look at my calendar. I'd love to make it for at least the JT portion (and some bagging for me on the way home).

There's a non-zero chance I might be able to swing up there, if you don't mind the group swelling TOO large. :)

Just let us know here. It's already a big group. What's two more.

Just let us know here. It's already a big group. What's two more.

Thinking about showing...

Forecast shows 90°+...

Cart means lots of water...

Might kill me, might not...

Ima sucker for punishment...

Thinking about showing...

Forecast shows 90°+...

Cart means lots of water...

Might kill me, might not...

Ima sucker for punishment...

My bad...
For some strange reason I was thinking "this" weekend...

I'm still onboard.

I pulled a cart at JT once. Worst idea ever.

Care to elaborate on what sucked about it? I really like the cart for the hot summer days where I'm sucking down water all day.

I've got an old 70s bolf pull cart that handles rough terrain just fine. Only problem is usually narrow bridges and trails. Was planning to use it at JT.

Gardens up by the main house; Donna and Don have done a fantastic job of continuing to upgrade property over the years.
355101966_10160935265710762_3109423240624353662_n.jpg

Care to elaborate on what sucked about it? I really like the cart for the hot summer days where I'm sucking down water all day.

I've got an old 70s bolf pull cart that handles rough terrain just fine. Only problem is usually narrow bridges and trails. Was planning to use it at JT.

It's been years since I've played JT. Big Brother has less than ideal terrain for a cart. It's WI mountains basically, if WI had mountains. Bring it, take a look up the "mountain", then decide would be my advise.

I have a cart too. I'll be rocking a bag at JT fwiw.

I'm still onboard.

Up and down the hills got to be quite tedious. By the midpoint I was yearning for my bag.

It's hard to explain...it's just a chore. The hills are just steep/tall enough to make it tough.

I played Justin Trails way before big brother was installed, what is the elevation changes similar too?

Highbridge Granite Ridge,
Zobel,
Wilderness,
The new Alpine Valley,

??

Hope you don't say Mont du lac....

I played Justin Trails way before big brother was installed, what is the elevation changes similar too?

Highbridge Granite Ridge,
Zobel,
Wilderness,
The new Alpine Valley,

??

Hope you don't say Mont du lac....

Not as extreme as Monty…. A couple iffy trails if they are muddy. Granite is pretty close. JT on a hot day is just a beast. Great course.

Hmm what is the record attendance for a DGCR meetup? I'm imagining notapro, thrembo, innova63, stardoggy all showing up (in addition to the fine folks confirmed). I did a search but came up empty...

What started as an idea for the Wolfhaleys and I to get another round in together this year has exploded! So the more the merrier.

Hmm what is the record attendance for a DGCR meetup? I'm imagining notapro, thrembo, innova63, stardoggy all showing up (in addition to the fine folks confirmed). I did a search but came up empty...

What started as an idea for the Wolfhaleys and I to get another round in together this year has exploded! So the more the merrier.

Although I wasn't in attendance, I wanna say there were some 20+ DGCR members at Hawk Hollow many years ago. I think Prerube had something to do with organizing it. Biscoe might recall.

With such a big group on such a long course, would it maybe be better to play some kind of doubles format?

I'd be down for this. When I travel to new courses with others (either my friend Joel or my brother) we always play best shot dubs... Pretty sure elmex would be on board as he (like me) doesn't keep score. Wolfhaley is the one you'd have to convince as he does. Don't know about the other guys...

I'd be down for this. When I travel to new courses with others (either my friend Joel or my brother) we always play best shot dubs... Pretty sure elmex would be on board as he (like me) doesn't keep score. Wolfhaley is the one you'd have to convince as he does. Don't know about the other guys...

I'm down for this too. I'm just glad to finally play JT again. It's been way too long.

Latest posts