• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Justin Trails meet up

I pulled a cart at NoBo. Worst idea ever. :p

Long story short: from about 2010 to 2016 I spent most of a week up at Highbridge. Those last couple years inspired me to make a cart, which I did a few iterations of. The next couple of years I was all about cart life... Took a roadtrip to the northeast in 2017 and played Borderlands SP near Boston. One hole on the front 9 (not sure what number) was a literal boulder field. Pretty rough carrying that cart through that mess... Since then have only used the cart on familiar friendly territory, and leave it at home when road tripping.

I'm glad I wised up before playing Diamond X lol.

I do the same thing now. Bags for Road trips unless it's like Chicago or something. The cart works great for most courses around my area though

good lord trying to imagine wrangling a cart through Diamond X. If you didn't have a death wish before...

I very much enjoyed my round there, fantastic hike and glad to not slip to my death.

I pulled a cart at NoBo. Worst idea ever. :p
I had a literal heart attack at NoBo, first hole started on 3. I didn't know what was going on and why my left arm hurt and then I felt like dying on hole 12 I think :gross:

I had a literal heart attack at NoBo, first hole started on 3. I didn't know what was going on and why my left arm hurt and then I felt like dying on hole 12 I think :gross:

I remember you saying that. That course is no joke. If I'm remembering right, hole 3 is probably the steepest hole I've ever played uphill.

Hmm what is the record attendance for a DGCR meetup? I'm imagining notapro, thrembo, innova63, stardoggy all showing up (in addition to the fine folks confirmed). I did a search but came up empty...

What started as an idea for the Wolfhaleys and I to get another round in together this year has exploded! So the more the merrier.

Although I wasn't in attendance, I wanna say there were some 20+ DGCR members at Hawk Hollow many years ago. I think Prerube had something to do with organizing it. Biscoe might recall.
IIRC there was more than one at Hawk Hollow, I think I went the second one and there was probably around 30 or so. Vegan Ray did some delicious pork BBQ and the hot sauces were not labelled and I found the ghost pepper one that lit my lips and ass on fire.

I think knice ran another meetup later that was at Blockhouse and Hawk Hollow, there was maybe 10 of us for that one. Played two rounds at Hawk Hollow with biscoe the second day.

IIRC there was more than one at Hawk Hollow, I think I went the second one and there was probably around 30 or so. Vegan Ray did some delicious pork BBQ and the hot sauces were not labelled and I found the ghost pepper one that lit my lips and ass on fire.

I think knice ran another meetup later that was at Blockhouse and Hawk Hollow, there was maybe 10 of us for that one. Played two rounds at Hawk Hollow with biscoe the second day.

the blockhouse is one of my favorite properties I've played... fantastic to hear that were a couple / few DGCR blowouts in the past.

^I can't answer any of your questions, but the group has talked me out of pulling the cart at JT. When multiple guys who've played 800+ courses are telling me it's a bad idea, I trust that they know what they're talking about. I'm still bringing it along because I can use it at the other courses I'm planning to play and it doesn't take up much room.

Benches would be nice, but with the size of this mob those seats will be going fast. If there are no benches, I may go with my old Polack/hillbilly tourney setup: Lightning large bag with a 70's style lawn chair zip tied to the D rings. The chair weighed practically nothing and came along for the ride when you shouldered the bag.

Hope you can make it!

NIIIICE!! :clap:

Well, with my miniscule course count, I can hardly be classified a bagger.....but I'm a good time nonetheless lol

And that's all that really matters. It's a dgcr meetup, not necessarily a baggers meetup.

NIIIICE!! :clap:

I used that setup for what I think was the last tourney I played. I was getting fed up with the slow pace of play and it was so much more tolerable when I just plopped my ass in the lawn chair every chance I got. I looked ridiculous, but whatever.

And that's all that really matters. It's a dgcr meetup, not necessarily a baggers meetup.

I used that setup for what I think was the last tourney I played. I was getting fed up with the slow pace of play and it was so much more tolerable when I just plopped my ass in the lawn chair every chance I got. I looked ridiculous, but whatever.

Ridiculous, my aaaaaass, you are simply demonstrating a higher level of understanding!! 'Round these parts, that chair is known as an ambassador throne. :p

Ridiculous, my aaaaaass, you are simply demonstrating a higher level of understanding!! 'Round these parts, that chair is known as an ambassador throne. :p

While I respect the "idea" of the lawn chair, I preferred the lawn chair chilling pre, post, and between rounds (most always with the rest of the mature players w/ music in the background) @ tournaments. Back then I had the tripod stool attached to my large Gateway bag with dual shoulder straps.
Pick the bag up and stool automatically came with.

Asked someone who had TD'd at JT and he said most players who use a cart switch it out for just a bag second time around...
So looks like I will skip trying the cart and go straight for the bag w/ stool (unless I can find my larger Thermos) attached.

Trying to decide now which bag...

Large Grip or Small Grip?
Definitely not the Mahal...
Could go "old school" with the Gateway with dual straps...

Probably wait until I get a better feel for the weather.

That and can I find my large Thermos Jug...

You guys won't make me change my signature, will you?

I just updated it a couple days ago...

Last edited:
This was happening at Justin Trails today. Eating invasive species:

357703498_10160955683710762_1402247742486549637_n.jpg

I was kinda wondering where you pulled a forecast that'd you'd trust that far out. Makes more sense now.

Not as far out now...

:clap:

13 day forecast..

90% chance Innova 63 will be there..:thmbup:

Intervals of clouds and sunshine. :hfive:
Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. :confused: Not sure it matters...
High 86F. :sick: