• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Christmas in July 2013

My first package has been delivered, it's on the East Coast. Second package is being delivered by July 1

%255BUNSET%255D

Delivered!

Sweet gummy Xout 11x Firebird
Circle stamp Eagle nicely seasoned
And an Airplane stamped lightning disc I can add to the package I am giving my future brother in law as a wedding gift!

Thanks man!

I hope the audio is OK... speaker is disconnected at work...

:popcorn:

Both pkg's delivered, I included a bag of this. Hope you likes 'em!

Last edited:
all three were delivered (two delivered, one with "notice left") lets see the other two!

Thanks to apdrvya!

attachment.php

Included:
  • A nice note (not shown).
  • Four stickers (two Grip, Legacy, DD).
  • A misprint small axe nested mini set (daughter claimed it already!).
  • A black DD towel.
  • A PDGA Stalker.
  • A new Gold Line Mace in a swirly purplish-bluish color. Nice!
  • A Ti Nuke.
  • An Icon Rampage, nicely worn.
  • A very pretty and swirly pale yellow Legacy Rival, which I'm looking forward to trying out.
  • An Innova shirt signed by Feldbeard, Avery, Rico, Barry, Anthon, Chris Sprague, Andrew Rich, and Sexton.

Awesome. My daughter was confused by the note which made reference to a "worn shirt" that "wasn't my size" before she pulled it out of the box and saw the signatures. :)

Thanks! Merry Christmas (in July)!

P.S. My two packages (to the same person - I forgot a disc in the box, so I mailed it separately the same day) were delivered yesterday, but the recipient hasn't posted yet.

Attachments

• ss_goodies.jpg
    ss_goodies.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 130
Sending both mine out tomorrow. Crossing the pond on Monday. If you have me please take a picture before you send and post for me. Thanks guys!!!

This image was electronically transmitted to me through my cell phone during a period of unusual electrical storm activity late last night. It was about 2 a.m. and I awoke to a great clatter upon my roof. There had been some intense lightning and thunder in the area, and the smell of ozone outside was redolent and fecund.

I stepped outside to see if a branch had hit the house. It was dark. Very dark. The massive arms of the large oak trees in the yard were waving wildly in the wind as I peered up. I couldn't see anything, and then a flash of lightning pierced the inky darkness. There, perched next to the chimney, was something enormous and black, matte black. I blinked my eyes thinking I was hallucinating or still asleep. Anything to explain what I was seeing.

Like a great curving tusk of obsidian shining dully in the intermittent flashes as the electrical storm raged above me I could make out what appeared to be a runner, forty feet long and as smooth as glass and straddling the peak of the roof. Above it a capsule of some sort, also the dull matte black of cast iron but gleaming, smooth, and clearly the work of some great craftsmen or higher technological power than that familiar to me. It was oblong but tapered for unfathomable speed, fully enclosed with windows or portals that looked like liquid mother of pearl or quicksilver made hard.

Connected by silver gossamer cables there was what I can only call a giant Elk which alternately appeared and disappeared in the flashing light and seemed to be composed entirely of iridescence, carbon and blue light standing in front of this wondrous vehicle and poised with fantastic straining muscles to take flight in an instant. As I stared, gape jawed and trembling into the night trying to convince myself it was real, I felt and heard a harmonic unlike the noise around me in the storm. In seconds I realized it was my phone which I had grabbed in my rush to see to this matter. I still don't know why I chose that moment to pull it out of my pocket and see who could be sending me a message at this surreal moment in the dead of night, but I did.

Just a photo on the screen, and "Unknown Number". I looked back to my roof. It was gone. Nothing. The last fragments of lightning seemed to have moved to the far horizon and stopped in moments. The oak trees resumed their silent, centuries long vigil. I was alone, outside, in the night and there was nothing on my roof. Was I dreaming? Was I ill, feverish, delusional? Was I insane?

I returned to my bed and fell almost instantly asleep, almost as if I was drugged or so worn out that I couldn't keep my eyes open for even a moment. As I slipped into the cottony depths one last thought bubbled up but I was falling too fast to grab it and pull myself back to consciousness to check it : "the message....that picture...what was it??"

I slept a dreamless sleep for the next seven hours. I woke up more refreshed from a full night's sleep than I have felt in years. I immediately checked my phone and found this picture. I have been carefully analyzing it as best as I can since that moment. It appears to contain:

An F2 Blizzard Condor - my analysis suggests near max weight, perhaps 195-198 grams.

An F2 Roc3, I used latent reversal imaging to pick up a reflection from the table surface - it is clearly 180 grams.

A small Roc patch.

A DX Roc, 180 grams, tournament stamped.

A Clear Mini.

A White Star Boss, suitable for dying, appears to be brand new. Stamped with the logo of the University of Oregon disc golf club, that location being a common theme through the next several items.

Eugene, OR locally made jerky. Peppered Beef.

HOP Valley Alphadelic IPA - another Eugene area business.

Ninkasi Total Domination IPA - a Eugene institution.

A re-usable scorecard from the 2013 Eugene Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl.

Was it an alien on my roof? Some being from another dimension and time? Was I drugged, abducted, experimented upon in my nether regions and then sent back to bring you this message? Was it some Black Clad "Secret Santa" in a high tech sleigh beaming the evidence of presents for good little boys to my I-Phone? I'll never know.

I'll never know.

Got my SS gifts yesterday but didn't open yet. I'm being patient (it's difficult) and waiting until I ship mine before I get to open my treats.

Thanks Santas!

Picked up both my packages today at the post office!

Thank you to both Apdryva and BogeyNoMore for the great gifts.

The USDGC cooler bag is amazing.
The Jalapeno Chips are delicious!

And the discs from both gifts will get plenty of use!

:hfive:
Picked up both my packages today at the post office!

Thank you to both Apdryva and BogeyNoMore for the great gifts.

The USDGC cooler bag is amazing.
The Jalapeno Chips are delicious!

And the discs from both gifts will get plenty of use!

Glad you like the chips, they're damned addictive. Tried to comply as best I could with your likes/dislikes.
The Ultralight Raging Inferno DT was honestly a joke... I wanted you to get to the discs and think "What kind of crap did this jerkwater send me?!" I swear: its a 124g meathook.
I made a few bucks off people with it, "I got a buck says you can't get this disc to turnover - it's only 124g..." :p

Last edited:
Got one of mine today! And since I got delicious chips and raging inferno too, I have BogeyNoMore to thank :D Good job!! My daughter likes the inferno. She thinks the dimples are cool.

null-33.jpg

Discs:
Raging inferno
Medius
Trak
Shield stamp S-PD

Goodies:
Stickers
Mini
DD Dirt bag (been wanting one of these!)
Discraft dry fit
Awesome jalapeño chips :popcorn:

Thanks again! Sorry for the sideways pic

Last edited:
Hope you like everything. Read your likes/dislikes carefully, then cringed cause almost all the decent plastic I have is Discraft or Innova ... :wall: So I scrounged and dealt to try and work with what you posted. Came home from the post office only to find the note I thought I put in your box still on the kitchen table. :doh:

No worries. I'll give everything some air time for sure. :thmbup: There was a note about the inferno being a joke. Forgot to mention that.:p

Thanks to Chrisgeoguy for the following SS package!!!

picture.php

Discs:
Soft Vibram Accent
Sparkle DGA Hurricane
Classic Roc
SE Proto Banshee (Can NEVER have too many Banshees!!!)

Swag:
Large California Disc Golf Towel
Pocket Disc for indoor play
DGCourseReview Iron-on for my bag
DD Sticker
GGGT Mini
LA 31 Coaster
Killer B Sticker

Thanks!!!

Love that Classic Roc!!:thmbup: