• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGN: The Disc Golf Network

DiscFifty

Banned
The live coverage is great. Don't mind the monthly investment for that, but during the off season so far my monthly investment is giving me access to riveting disc golf content such as:

Gaming with Golfers | Eric and Tina Oakley - "Join Eric and Tina Oakley as they play OverCooked 2"

Gaming with Golfers | Rocket League - "Join Andrew Presnell, Casey White, Zackeriath Johnson, and Chris Clemons as they play Rocket League"

I would much rather see some skin matches, one on one match play, team dubs, etc. Definitely didn't expect my monthly investment to finance the Oakley's playing a cooking game. :sick:

Those guys won't be getting my business again and here's why.

As it was late in the season, instead of a year sub I took the option to gift a sub for 3 months. When that time was up, they repeatedly attempted to charge my card and ignored my correspondence to them.

They broke the agreement and tried to steal from me. So they can get bent.

As it was late in the season, instead of a year sub I took the option to gift a sub for 3 months. When that time was up, they repeatedly attempted to charge my card and ignored my correspondence to them.

SMH. That is about the worst thing. So, instead of trying to expose their personalities to as many non golfers as possible, they paywall the sport to limit exposure, then treat their few disc golfers poorly. I simply do not understand the business model. The "take the last drop of blood from the last turnip" strategy seems doomed, to me.

SMH. That is about the worst thing. So, instead of trying to expose their personalities to as many non golfers as possible, they paywall the sport to limit exposure, then treat their few disc golfers poorly. I simply do not understand the business model. The "take the last drop of blood from the last turnip" strategy seems doomed, to me.

Why the hate on someone allowing you to see content? They have to do a ton of work for their money. You expect them to do it for free, when you don't expect TD's not to ream people on entry fees?

Why the hate on someone allowing you to see content? They have to do a ton of work for their money. You expect them to do it for free, when you don't expect TD's not to ream people on entry fees?

I have no skin in YouTube or professional disc golf. Mine were outside observations on the business plan of DGN. Finding a profit margin is on them. They are a business, looking to make as much money as they can. I do not begrudge them their paywall, I don't really watch much pro videos. But, I do find it mildly interesting, in regards to the potential for growth, they can provide to the overall game. By charging, they essentially limit their customer base to engaged disc golfers. A pretty small, slow growing base, IMO.

Most TD's work under a non profit set up, hoping to eek out enough left over to improve the quality of their own disc golf community.

They have free live final round coverage.
If you want the opening rounds, pay $8.00 a month then cancel after the season.

I think what they are doing is fine. They could be real pr!cks and give you round one and two and require you to pay for the championship.

Giving away the best part of a tournament is a great way to grow the sport.

My guess is the issue you had was with Vimeo. Who did you try to reach out to on the DGPT?

Looks like I'll be going back to just playing disc golf again.

I am not honestly complaining loudly. I am an only occasional viewer of pro disc golf. I have eliminated most of my limited viewing already, without much angst.

They lost the little interest I had, with their loud proclamation of caring for nobody, but themselves. I have found the entirety of pro disc golf, a pathetic refusal to take any COVID responsibility. Their decision, but those making no qualms about telling me they could care less about me, will not be rewarded with my interest.

I think it is a valuable lesson. If you want to be taken seriously, you should take the product and process seriously.

So a channel I don't watch has reached an agreement with a provider I don't pay for.

Cool :|

That said, I wish nothing but the best for Smashboxx and DGN, I hope the arrangement is mutually beneficial.

I subscribe. I like to watch some live rounds. I don't much care for the extra content, though the putting challenges are fun.

Can someone remind me how this works? Were you able to watch DGN on your smart tv or firestick or did everyone have to cast it from their phone or laptop to the tv? I am very interested in the All Star thing this weekend. I think I will go ahead and pay for the subscription this year.