• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGN: The Disc Golf Network

Can someone remind me how this works? Were you able to watch DGN on your smart tv or firestick or did everyone have to cast it from their phone or laptop to the tv? I am very interested in the All Star thing this weekend. I think I will go ahead and pay for the subscription this year.

There is an app for smart TVs and you can cast as well.

The golden gate park series was pretty good, I watched all of that one.

Yes. More content on the DGN. More people being hired by the DGPT & DGN. Should be a really good season.

We are excited for the next few years.

JVD, question with how DGN is planning to livestream the NTs. Aren't there a couple of those courses with little to no cell signal, how is that going to work? I seem to recall DeLa and Iron Hill being amongst them...and maybe Milo as well?...

JVD, question with how DGN is planning to livestream the NTs. Aren't there a couple of those courses with little to no cell signal, how is that going to work? I seem to recall DeLa and Iron Hill being amongst them...and maybe Milo as well?...

A couple of the NTs might have trouble. Dela and Milo have the worst signal. (Iron Hill should be fine. They have a cell tower literally on the park entrance road.) For those tournaments, DGN will try to provide some companion coverage in some fashion.

Are there any discount codes available that aren't tied to the PDGA account? I am not a tournament player at the moment so I have no need for a PDGA number...

I'm having a hard time swinging 75 bucks for a year when streaming sites like Disney and Peacock are 60 bucks a year and provide a ton more content. Ten bucks for monthly is certainly out of the question.

Not the end of the world if I don't get it.

Any way to watch without commentary and just have the sweet ambient sound?

It's 2020.

I almost exclusively consume post-produced round coverage on YouTube. What's the production value of the DGN live coverage? Previous attempts at live coverage have fallen flat for me compared with the quality sheen & excellent camera work of Jomez and CCDG. I'm thinking this probably isn't worth the $$$ for me but am eager to be talked into it.

The coverage I saw last year was good enough to give it a try this year. Plus half off with your PDGA membership

I'm having a hard time swinging 75 bucks for a year when streaming sites like Disney and Peacock are 60 bucks a year and provide a ton more content. Ten bucks for monthly is certainly out of the question.

I will probably do 1 month. I figure if I sign up on July 23rd I'll get 4 events (Great Lakes Open, Preserve, Ledgestone, Idlewild).
If the yearly cost was $40-50 I would do that, but I think 75 is a bit much. I don't play in any tournaments so I am not a PDGA member.

Any way to watch without commentary and just have the sweet ambient sound?

I don't know exactly how that works but I think it's a little more complex to have 2 separate audio feeds for the same broadcast. Could even mean having double the bandwidth and having one stream with commentary and one without.

I like the idea, a lot of times on espn+ I will watch the no commentary feeds of football games, it's a great change of pace.

I don't know exactly how that works but I think it's a little more complex to have 2 separate audio feeds for the same broadcast. Could even mean having double the bandwidth and having one stream with commentary and one without.

I like the idea, a lot of times on espn+ I will watch the no commentary feeds of football games, it's a great change of pace.

It is hard to unring the bell. Just have no commentary be the default and opt in if you want the overlay.

They have an opportunity to proactively not be mediocre, but there they go copying everyone else.

Been searching for a few but can;t find any info... Are they still going to be doing the free final rounds coverage on Youtube?

^^^ No word yet. Would not surprise me if they try to bank as much as possible this year from the hungry subscriber base.

^^^ No word yet. Would not surprise me if they try to bank as much as possible this year from the hungry subscriber base.

The only thing i have found so far is this...

https://www.dgpt.com/watch/disc-golf-media/
DISC GOLF PRO TOUR
We are building the modern age of disc golf. It will be fun, entertaining, interactive, engaging, and meaningful. Play disc festival games, race through an inflatable maze, and watch the best players in the world play disc golf. Interact and engage one on one with professional players while helping spread the positive culture of the disc, giving to a quality charity, and smiling with neighbors while doing it. Watch live on the following channels.
...and then next to this paragraph it has Youtube listed with DGN, Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast and FireTV. So maybe? lol

I just found it in the NT/Worlds press release in December. I must have skimmed over this at least 3 times...:doh:

https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/disc-golf-network-adds-national-tour-and-major-events-to-slate/
In addition, to live content, the Disc Golf Network will also increase its on-demand library. Subscribers will also see new benefits including a DGPT Shop discount, a community Discord channel, and free gate admission to a DGPT event of their choice. The final round broadcast will remain free, simulcasted on YouTube, and will not require a subscription.

Last edited:
So what time does the Live coverage start today and tomorrow for the All Star event? I went ahead and bought this first month to try it out.

I had DGN for a month in July because it was the only way to watch the tournament. They had issues where the stream wasn't loading, so I actually couldn't watch any of it, and when I contacted them several times, they never got back to me.

I still want my refund because that service was inexcusable. This feels like it's harming the sport by capitalizing and paywalling.

I had DGN for a month in July because it was the only way to watch the tournament. They had issues where the stream wasn't loading, so I actually couldn't watch any of it, and when I contacted them several times, they never got back to me.

I still want my refund because that service was inexcusable. This feels like it's harming the sport by capitalizing and paywalling.

Guessing you were trying to watch Discraft's Great Lakes Open? Were you able to watch the final round of DGLO for free on youtube?

I have issues with the DGN, especially when my monthly subscription is paying for Eric & Tina Oakley to live stream themselves playing frickin video games, but the live stream of tournaments was very solid for me in 2020.