• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGN: The Disc Golf Network

Because I am stuck in front of a desk and live disc golf makes the day go faster. Plus I'm not giving the PDGA/Nate H any of my money this year and not playing any tournaments. I support disc golf and this is one way to do so that directly benefits me.

Isn't there a "Why pay for videos" thread somewhere else?

I'm in same boat, not giving PDGA any of my hard earned $$ this year. They turned a very simple situation into a clown show. I'll support disc golf by supporting vendors. I'll play a handful of unsanctioned events.

I'm in same boat, not giving PDGA any of my hard earned $$ this year. They turned a very simple situation into a clown show. I'll support disc golf by supporting vendors. I'll play a handful of unsanctioned events.

I think people SHOULD make a statement with their money. I do not want DGPT to get a free pass.

They have made a conscious decision, to continue to keep Heinhold as their primary beneficiary. Given his likely role in that clown show, I would think people would extend their statement to include DGPT. It is my guess that he makes a LOT more money off Ledgestone and DGLO, with his disc and merch sales, than he does off any PDGA major.

Pulling support from the PDGA impacts a LOT of amateur disc golf. 95% plus of all players are negatively affected, by this choice. DGPT boycotts impact very few players, but maximum visibility. PDGA has Heinhold's involvement by member vote, the DGPT by decision. The PDGA is NOT going to remove Heinold because of decreased membership. DGPT could.

I am not really advocating for either or both actions. I just hear a lot of angst directed toward the PDGA, rightfully so, but little for the choice of the DGPT to support Heinhold.

I might suggest the better question is............why would ANYONE pay $116 to watch live disc golf? PER YEAR! :eek: Sorry.......

Heck, I wonder why folks pay HUNDREDS of dollars (and $25 to park) to watch a pro sporting event. ONE event. Complete with the $10 and up drinks and hot dogs (may be more, I literally have not been to a live game in 20 years).

When you look at the number of hours of coverage, it works out to like a quarter per hour of available coverage. Much better deal than most pro sports. But I completely get the "to each their own" sentiment.

Because I am stuck in front of a desk and live disc golf makes the day go faster. Plus I'm not giving the PDGA/Nate H any of my money this year and not playing any tournaments. I support disc golf and this is one way to do so that directly benefits me.

Isn't there a "Why pay for videos" thread somewhere else?

PDGA and Heinold are more inclusive than DGPT on trans issues, is that your beef with them?

Not surprised by this at all.

Get rid of the free final round on YouTube during the final year of the Jomez agreement. If people want live dg they're forced to pay for DGN. Of course they're expecting to see an increase in subscriptions. Worst case people don't subscribe and watch post produced on Jomez, which just drives up the price for the next Jomez contract.

We'll see soon enough if the dg bubble has started to burst.

It continues to be true that there are only 2 profitable ventures in dg. The main one is the profit between the cost to make and stamp and disc and the amount of money that the public will pay for that disc. Pretty much the entire dg financial boom has came about through the exploitation of that (considerable) gap. The second profitable venture is JomezPro. So…we'll see.

Zero interest in paying DGN for a subscription. Haven't renewed PDGA yet. I might, to have a vote against Heinhold. Not sure yet. Disc Golf as I have known it for years is now different. I'm not.

I think people SHOULD make a statement with their money. I do not want DGPT to get a free pass.

They have made a conscious decision, to continue to keep Heinhold as their primary beneficiary. Given his likely role in that clown show, I would think people would extend their statement to include DGPT. It is my guess that he makes a LOT more money off Ledgestone and DGLO, with his disc and merch sales, than he does off any PDGA major.

Pulling support from the PDGA impacts a LOT of amateur disc golf. 95% plus of all players are negatively affected, by this choice. DGPT boycotts impact very few players, but maximum visibility. PDGA has Heinhold's involvement by member vote, the DGPT by decision. The PDGA is NOT going to remove Heinold because of decreased membership. DGPT could.

I am not really advocating for either or both actions. I just hear a lot of angst directed toward the PDGA, rightfully so, but little for the choice of the DGPT to support Heinhold.

My reason doesn't involve Heinhold. It involves the lack of communication and transparency in some of the PDGA's processes, and lack of consistency in applying their own written and published rules.

Plus, I don't play enough sanctioned events each year to make it worth buying a $75 membership each year.

excellent, you know the disc golf season is close when all the 'holier than thou' posters come out talking about not giving PDGA/DGPT their money. and that's their right, but do they really need to announce that every single freaking season?

I'm looking forward to watching a ton of live coverage this year, just like last year and many many years previous to that. I've supported live coverage back to the Billy Crump/Disc Golf Planet days and will continue to do so as long as they keep improving the product (and they've done a great job with that too)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to watching a ton of live coverage this year, just like last year and many many years previous to that. I've supported live coverage back to the Billy Crump/Disc Golf Planet days and will continue to do so as long as they keep improving the product (and they've done a great job with that too)

Someone needs to drop a "he puts the biscuit in the basket" during their commentary as a tribute. Those old guys worked hard to put out good videos at a time when it was not easy or cheap. I might still have the Clash at the Canyons video somewhere, but the best moment was at Renny when Barry said he couldn't throw while someone was peeing in the bushes nearby.

Ricky and Paul picked teams on the DGPT YouTube channel. Ricky kind of lost the plot.

Bush league. How do you not sit down with both players for 5 minutes before the shoot and cover the rules, what to expect and how things were going to go for the filming. Guess we should be thankful it was free, huh? :sick:

FPO was not much better.

For the millionth time over…Paul made Rick look like a fool.

Rick has gotten better with his public speaking but the difference between the two is worlds apart.

Rick might have some of the best raw talent out of anybody…but aside from that he doesn't have much else…

Paul is a professional, Rick is just really good at throwing frisbees.

For the millionth time over…Paul made Rick look like a fool.

Rick has gotten better with his public speaking but the difference between the two is worlds apart.

Rick might have some of the best raw talent out of anybody…but aside from that he doesn't have much else…

Paul is a professional, Rick is just really good at throwing frisbees.

I don't think Paul had anything to do with it, Ricky did it all himself.

Of course every coin has two sides. Ricky's personality, even if it's not always prepared or curated, is for many far more engaging and relatable.