• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

Sorry brutus, misread your post, to say that Dodge took our commentary seriously. Need a little refresher on the speed reading classes.

Guess it was a little presumptuous of me to assume you were taking credit, huh?
Ehh, it happens. Its not like I haven't done the same at some point and I can see how that could be taken that way now that I look at it again.

I am looking forward to the live coverage this weekend. Below zero temps and never ending snow/ice will make it a good weekend to stay home and watch disc golf.

I see they are going with the Jomez formula of 2 pros rather than the CCDG formula of 1 pro and a play by play commentator. Unless "guests" are play by play people.

I prefer the CCDG formula. There is a reason almost every sports broadcast uses it.

im astounded at the amount of people who listen to the commentary

a fun game i like to play and win is play the dg video and mute it before any noise comes thru my speakers

im astounded at the amount of people who listen to the commentary

a fun game i like to play and win is play the dg video and mute it before any noise comes thru my speakers

I'm with you. I rarely watch baseball with sound. Often watch hockey without sound. I know and understand the game enough that I don't need the, mostly annoying, usually inane, babbling of the commentary. Hit mute and put on some tunes!!! :hfive:

Im not sure if Dodge ever actually said who is doing the filming.

Does it really matter? The important thing is knowing where to find the finished product, which is obviously the DGPT channel.

Post-produced stuff beyond the DGPT was announced yesterday in this article.

MPO feature card 1 (live DGPT): Lizotte, McMahon, McBeth, McCrae (fan vote)
MPO feature card 2 (DGPT): Ulibarri, Sanders, Gurthie (fan vote), Herr (fan vote)
MPO feature card 3 (Dynamic Discs): Risley, Melton, Earhardt, Oakley (fan vote)
MPO feature card 4 (Disc Golf Guy): Wysocki, Hannum, Heimburg, Jones (fan vote)

FPO feature card 1 (live DGPT): Pierce, Fajkus, Weese, Van Dyken
FPO feature card 2 (live look-ins DGPT): Hokom, Kirkham, Bjerkaas (fan vote), Butler (fan vote)

SMH. I really do want the DGPT to succeed. I've bought a couple different items from them in the past to support them.

But stuff like this, well, it's just plain inexcusable if you want to be considered a top notch ANYTHING. They desperately need a detail orientated guy to double check stuff like this.

PDGA event page:

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38762

It gives a website link of:

http://memorialchampionship.com/

You go to that link and see DGPT in extremely large letters across the top.

There are several tabs, one which is WATCH.

You click Watch and instead of going to where you can watch 2019 stuff, it sends to you smashboxx youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smashboxxtv

Really, they need a manager that searches these bugs out.

The live video LOOKS really good so far. I am at work so I can't listen. The cameras are a little shaky but the video quality is amazing.

Watching the live coverage right now. Pretty low quality. Bad camera work and a lot of lag. Hopefully they iron it out over the 4 rounds.

Media statements seem to be an over promise under deliver at the moment.

Val and Nate are great though.

Latest posts