• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

the gif

giphy.gif

Havnt a clue what type of insurance dgpt events or national events carry, but that hole seems insane , especially with the way eagle played it last round ,, a spike hyzer to the face, head of spectator or anywhere on a child , and that's gonna cause serious injury ,, if I'm playing for $5000 that weekend, I be damn if I want a dog kicking my opponents disc back inbounds !! Borderline bush league

I agree that I wouldn't want it to happen to me either, but I don't understand which part you think is bush league? It is such a one in a million occurance, it seems that this could not have been predicted, and no amount of planning could gave prevented it.

I can't even tell if the dog hit it there. Looks like the dude in that Lat64 shirt, who obviously has an inkling what disc golf is, just watches the disc slowly roll into his foot. What happens if people who really like Paul start lining the circle and kicking his discs back toward the basket?

I can't even tell if the dog hit it there. Looks like the dude in that Lat64 shirt, who obviously has an inkling what disc golf is, just watches the disc slowly roll into his foot. What happens if people who really like Paul start lining the circle and kicking his discs back toward the basket?

What if the people who don't like Paul kick his discs back OB?
What if....?
What if....?

What if the people who don't like Paul kick his discs back OB?
What if....?
What if....?
Could happen, people do weird things all the time.
I've watched 8 rounds of disc golf so far this year and I've already seen at least 3 cases of spectator interference with a probable delta of 5 strokes total. For the Hannum one at the WTO it's more acceptable, he took a weird route, and a big pavement skip. That one is hard to plan for ahead of time. Though it's funny Hammes immediately took the same line.

I guess my point is this one is so easily solved in a way that doesn't impact spectators, just move them a little farther away from OB lines. They can still see fine, most people on that hole were farther away. It's such a simple way to plan away a couple percentage points of weird things happening. Low risk, high reward.

There is a false equivalence of people there in the public park specifically to watch disc golf, and people using the park for other activities. If you see people using the park, generally they're transient, you can wait for them to move.

After watching it again, it actually rolls past the dog and the woman in the 81 jersey sticks her foot out to stop it, and it reverses direction, rolls past the dog, again hits the dudes foot and jumps over the wall.

Latest posts