• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 MVP Open at Maple Hill Sept 3-5

Where are you getting your stats? In 2020, Hole 1 average 4.41 for the field, and 4.32 for 1000-rated players. The top 3 (McBeth, Eagle, and Ricky) birdied it 4 times out of 9 attempts.

Uli, all three rounds.

"my thought is a signature hole shouldn't average a 1/2 stroke under par."

That's where.

Raven Newsome's "arrow shot" is very similar to Albert Tamm's "bazooka". Cool nonetheless! :clap:

When i see Paige play i wonder how she won this so many times. . . i don´t get her play. SOOO many OBs

Interesting idea. Why do you think it would make a difference?

she doesnt seem to be challenged enough in fpo

she appears to have to make the least amount of mistakes and to still get away with making stupid ob shots and win

if the play is better (as in mpo) i have an idea that she will rise up and need to elevate her game as well

it seems like she is just settling

(its all speculation and theory of course)

she doesnt seem to be challenged enough in fpo

she appears to have to make the least amount of mistakes and to still get away with making stupid ob shots and win

if the play is better (as in mpo) i have an idea that she will rise up and need to elevate her game as well

it seems like she is just settling

(its all speculation and theory of course)

Just a personal anecdote from someone whose game is similar to Paige's (just worse).

Last weekend I won the biggest tournament in my country in FPO, there's 4 FPO players here and only one challenges me when she's playing well or I'm really off. I took 19 OB strokes over 3 rounds.

Two days later I played the same course in a local league with a mixed card. Top 2 MP40 player playing the round of his life, top 5 MA1 player playing a really good round and a solid MA2 player. Despite 4 chain outs and going 30% in c1x I shot 4 better than my best round on the weekend and only went OB twice.

I dont really got the "kyle thing" on hole 5 . . strange rule

Because tee throw was actually in-bounds, he should not have gone to the drop zone. Since he did go to the drop zone to throw, that was a misplay; for playing from an incorrect lie.

This could have easily been avoided if he had just said the throw from the DZ was provisional in case the tee throw was OB. When he found out it was not OB, that throw from the DZ (and all the throws that resulted from it) would have been disregarded and not counted.

Because tee throw was actually in-bounds, he should not have gone to the drop zone. Since he did go to the drop zone to throw, that was a misplay; for playing from an incorrect lie.

This could have easily been avoided if he had just said the throw from the DZ was provisional in case the tee throw was OB. When he found out it was not OB, that throw from the DZ (and all the throws that resulted from it) would have been disregarded and not counted.

So it's 811.F.1? He threw from the tee, then from the dz and then made a putt from his dz throw and took a 3 + 2 penalty throws for misplay?

so dumb. in situations like this the card should be able to call that his drop zone shot was indeed a provisional and he can play his lie. I get that you can't have players throwing all kinds of shots willy nilly and not be penalized, but this kind of situation should be handled with some common sense. If I am on his card, I don't want to beat him because of a silly technicality, I want to beat him fair and square

so dumb. in situations like this the card should be able to call that his drop zone shot was indeed a provisional and he can play his lie. I get that you can't have players throwing all kinds of shots willy nilly and not be penalized, but this kind of situation should be handled with some common sense. If I am on his card, I don't want to beat him because of a silly technicality, I want to beat him fair and square

I have liked the idea of retroactively calling something a provisional throw for cases like this. But, wow, try to write a rule that would 1. allow this, 2. not allow willy-nilly throws, AND 3. be understandable.

If you were on his card the sporstmanshipy thing to do would have been to suggest he call that throw a provisional (before he made the throw). If he refused and went on to take the penalties, that's on him.

I have liked the idea of retroactively calling something a provisional throw for cases like this. But, wow, try to write a rule that would 1. allow this, 2. not allow willy-nilly throws, AND 3. be understandable.

If you were on his card the sporstmanshipy thing to do would have been to suggest he call that throw a provisional (before he made the throw). If he refused and went on to take the penalties, that's on him.

Right exactly. You can't legislate this. But I think the card needs to make a common sense call in situations like this. And then yes, if the player still insists that they need to take a penalty, then let them take the penalty.