• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT to Resume Season June 26

The problem is that the sports channels I would want ala carte have been monetized and the monthly amounts add up. But most are already included in the cable package along with DVR and unneeded higher speed internet I essentially get free in the package. With pro and college sports continuing to be hampered, I can see going ala carte with no sports to buy by October and saving some dough at least through winter.

Yep. As soon as the plug got pulled on basketball this Spring I pulled the plug on my dish.

I wonder if the other DD in Ontario/ rancho is paying attention to the moves made to air the DD open on cbs sports. It would nice if some kinda of deal can be made for usdgc to air at the thanksgiving break. Maybe hook up with the golf channel/ nbc. Hell even the Red Bull streaming app has a channel for street dance/ parkour.

They are attempting to fry larger fish.

How so?

I guess my point was that they are frying the smaller fish by not having the 1340 card the feature card.

It's not like it is an exclusivity thing either because DGPT had cameras on that card, it was just not the feature card.

How so?

I guess my point was that they are frying the smaller fish by not having the 1340 card the feature card.

It's not like it is an exclusivity thing either because DGPT had cameras on that card, it was just not the feature card.

By title the 1:40 card may not have been the feature card, but after a couple slow holes by the feature card, the 1:40 card got basically the same amount of airtime, which I think was a very good move.

No one pays for cable except old people. It's a dying industry. If I could watch it through some existing thing I pay for sure I would watch. What's your point about that though?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Don't call me old unless you know me. Typical Troll response to deflect and not talk about what I said under a different guise. Listen, pattycakes or TT, whoever you are — whether it's cable or streaming or point and choose ala carte, or old fashioned over-the-air antennas, everyone is paying for their "television options." I never said cable. You can get CBSSports on the app just like you can get Netflix or Prime or anything else.

That's the point. We're paying for what we want to watch all the time; disc golf isn't any different.

i missed that cuz i listen with mute on

thats awesome and will include more woods

i suppose the layout will be open to public at some point but probably waay crowded

"listen" with "mute" on...

:confused:

:doh:

No one pays for cable except old people. It's a dying industry. If I could watch it through some existing thing I pay for sure I would watch. What's your point about that though?

While I MAY be old and still pay for cable, at least I know how to manage my signature!

Look what my crappy phone can do!

Still struggling to understand how someone " listens" to something on "mute"

listen on mute or listen on full volume

im not sure why this is consuming so much of your days but who am i to tell you how to spend your time

Fair enough. Last time I had cable was a while ago and I just remember there was never anything good on. My parents pay for cable but I can't think of a single friend of mine that does.

:confused: Can't they wire it into the basement for you??? :confused::p

Just my two cents. I get that they think this will grow the sport and get more eyeballs on the sport that otherwise wouldn't seek it out. I just don't understand why not just do the usual next day turnaround?Maybe it was part of the agreement with CBS that they couldn't do that. I know that even though I have CBS sports I probably won't watch due to already know what happened and I find emporia incredibly boring. I'm willing to bet most of their views come in the first two weeks. Let's hope jomez got paid because neglecting your base more than once will turn more people off.

Might be a little bit of a problem for Maple Hill. Massachusetts just laid down some gnarly restrictions and quarantine from "high risk"* states.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/gov-baker-to-provide-update-on-coronavirus-in-mass-7/2165034/

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has issued a new mandatory travel order effective Aug. 1 requiring all visitors and residents returning to the state from high-risk areas, including students, to quarantine for 14 days or produce a recent negative COVID-19 test result.

States considered lower risk and not included in the travel order include New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Hawaii.

(* In other words, almost all of them.)

Latest posts