• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disappointing rounds

StymieDidIt

Par Member
Was able to make it to the course yesterday, after about 4-6 weeks without playing. Just a couple of backyard rounds here ad there. OMG, what a disappointment. The last round that I had shot prior to yesterday was -2. My average round has been +2 to +4. Yesterday, it started bad and got worse real fast. I was 6 over after 8 holes, and finished +11(or 12, I lost track when I ran out of fingers). It was unbelievable. I hit every tree and hit every part of the basket on almost every hole, except the chains. It was without a doubt, the most frustrating round I have experienced to date. It was so bad that, even my destroyer that always S's for me, decided to turn right and not come back left. It was my worst round since the first week I ever played. What gives? Is this something that just happens every once in a while? :mad:

It just happens no matter how long you've played. I played what I felt to be my first "crappy" round in a long time just about a week ago. Seems like in those rounds you never warm-up or get into a groove. A drive is just off, or no matter your putting seems to flying wrong. Just happens. Shrug it off and go out and play again.

i've been shooting probably the best i ever have in my whole DG career this season. I've been averaging anywhere between -4 to even on 24 holes from the longs. so, I go out to Cass Benton, and throw the longs with my girlfriend and my very good friend, whom i have taken under my wing this season to show him the sport. im shooting even into 12, then get a ****ing triple bogey on 12. got so pissed i took a big shot out of my buddys flask, ended up 8 over after 18.

sooooo, yes, ****ty rounds do happen. dont let them discourage you, just take it for what it is. I look at them as a learning experience and the next time I go out to play, and i kick my own ass, score wise, it makes me happy.

keep at it man!

Amen my friends. If every day on the course were like today (with a couple exceptions) I'd be taking up ball golf again. At least I know that I stink at it! :eek:

So yes, things will get better!

I had one of my most dissapointing rounds today...just happened to be my first ever tourney. I have been averaging -6 to -8 on this course (it's super easy). I play today and shoot like +7. I was super disappointed, but I take every one of these oppertunities as a learning experience. I got to play with some really good players and learned some new putting techniques that will hopefully help out my game a lot.

Take a couple days off to get the stress out of your stroke, and find a way to learn from the bad round

I had one of my most dissapointing rounds today...just happened to be my first ever tourney. I have been averaging -6 to -8 on this course (it's super easy). I play today and shoot like +7. I was super disappointed, but I take every one of these oppertunities as a learning experience. I got to play with some really good players and learned some new putting techniques that will hopefully help out my game a lot.

Take a couple days off to get the stress out of your stroke, and find a way to learn from the bad round

tourney play is COMPLETELY different than regular casual play. the pressure is WAY more intense.... there's people staring at you shoot every time whom you may or may not have ever seen before.... the stress and pressure of tourney play is friggin insane in my mind.... you can be a -25 average player, go play yer first tourney and shoot +25... its just totally different....

you'll play better yer next tourney for sure... i have faith in you progolfer...:eek:

Everybody has off days man. It seems like my game has been off this season. I think alot of it has to do with your mindset going in to your round. I have had alot of stresses in my life lately and Im pretty sure that my game has suffered because of it. I find that when I go out and play and the weather is nice and Im feeling good that I play way better. When I go out to relieve stress cause I have alot on my mind I usually shoot like crap. Which just further frustrates me.

Yeah tourney play is way different than casual play. I shot in my first tourneys this year and shot like crap in all of them. I dont know if its the structure or playing with unfamiliar people but I just couldn't seem to get in the groove. Im going to keep playing in them when I can though. One of these times I know I will get used to and not shoot like a dummy! :)