• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Finding Dog

One other thing is that i NEVER give my dog discs for toys. He will chew them and I don't want him thinking he can do that to a disc. Retrieving the disc itself is his reward.

Mine is a Blue Heeler. He's never been much about retrieval, even as a pup, he would get bored after a few tosses or just want to play with the toy/ball/whatever instead of running after it. I suppose a lot of that could be on me as well for not giving enough positive reinforcement when he was young to teach him the art of the fetch, but then again 7 years ago I never thought I would be playing disc golf regularly, let alone want a disc dog.

How the times change :D

i also have a pit/lab mix. great dogs. i've known many people who have had pit/lab mixes and they all seem to have the same temperament. super friendly, laid back, don't wreck things very well behaved and the most easily trained dog i have ever owned.

i would be interested in hearing your training method on this. thanks

Latest posts