• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc finding luck?

PMantle

* Ace Member *
Obviously talking unmarked.

Convinced a friend of mine to buy a Mamba. Within a week, he's looking in some thick brush for a disc. Finds a new looking first run driver. Yup, Champion Mamba. Great, now he has a back up.

Two weeks later we are looking near a bayou for a disc on a water carry hole. He sees a disc under water. Slides in past his socks. Yup, Champion Mamba. Haha.

I know, cool story bro.

Cool for him. I'd be a little bummed since it's a disc I don't throw. Now, if I could only start finding unmarked MVP discs in the bushes.

Found an unmarked 154 Leopard DX on my local course, right out in the open on the fairway. I assume someone threw from there with another disc and forgot to grab it. Anyway, it worked perfect for my girlfriend. Then an errant throw landed it in a lake on the same course a month or two later.

I have found several Champion Grooves, all un-named, and all left at the course. :gross:

Last unmarked disc I found was a 11x light green teebird. It was in some heavy brush near the area my buddy lost his at.

I never get mine back when I mark them.. Starting to wonder what the point is.

I can not remember the last disc I found that didn't belong to a person. The one possitive thing about throwing less in the rough. Not that I am any better now :|

Last one I found unmarked was a lightweight, beat to perfection Star Beast. Not sure why it isn't in my bag... I always mark mine though, and they almost always come back. Left my go to Anode in a basket yesterday and got the call as we pulled out of the parking lot. If I hadn't marked it I wouldn't have discovered that it was missing until this morning. Then what would I have putted with until I could buy another one? An Ion? Pssh.

All the discs I've found have all been marked and either returned to thrower or dropped in various course lost and found bins.

Wish I could find some unmarked, my wife has cut my disc allowance.

A couple months ago my fiance threw her 150 DX sidewinder into a construction zone and punctured the flight plate :( Luckily enough, about two days later, before I had gotten around to ordering her another one, I found a 150 Champ sidewinder that was unmarked :)

I never get mine back when I mark them.. Starting to wonder what the point is.

I have found a few that were marked, but spent time underwater and the writing had faded to the point it wasn't decipherable anymore. Wonder if that is what you might be going against.

^ that or sometime people forget Area Code, some people put just there PDGA number which also makes it harder to get it back to someone if you don't care to much.

Also, if someone calls you once and you don't answer they don't want to leave a voicemail. not saying its the best practice but I am guessing people do this.

I found an unmarked disc today. It was a game craft sonic (I think it was a rip off disc craft) It said it was 109g and it felt like a beach frizbee. I put it in the disc return.

Also it was a dark green disc on a heavily wooded course. :gross:

I have found several Champion Grooves, all un-named, and all left at the course. :gross:

I found an unmarked Champion Groove IN the basket one day. There was nobody else at the course and no drop box that I knew of, so I gave it to a friend of mine. One day he threw it super far and we never found it - different way of paying it forward I suppose.

I once found a beat avair in the high weeds once. couple weeks later i met a player just starting out playing. we talked he saw my 3 putters that i had at the time. he mentioned he was considering getting a putter but wasn't sure which one to get. I let him use the one i had found while we played a couple of holes together. he was doing really good with it so i told him to keep it.

Then about a month later i had a old leopard that i had found at a course. was playing a round at a short beginner course just to get some exercise and stretching in. as i approached the first tee this young kid walked up and joined me playing the first hole. He was trying to play the hole with a actual frisbee. He asked me where i got all my discs from and about how much they cost. He was visiting his grandma who lived near the park and was thinking about actually buying a disc. I played a couple more holes then remembered i still had the leopard in my bag. I very rarely ever pulled it out of my bag to use So I pulled it out and handed it to him. He was surprised when i said he could keep it. make me feel good to help a youngster get to learn the game and start his addiction to collecting lots of plastic.

I only have one disc that i have found that is still in my bag that is a echo start wraith found in plain sight right near the hole. my guess that they putted from there and forgot to pick it up afterwards. still use that disc for certain shots that i need.

A buddy of mine is a disc finding machine. He walks on the course and pulls discs out of tree,bushes and the water. I bet that most of his bag he has found

Found unmarked 3x JK pro Aviar a couple weeks ago. Either left as a marker in plain view or fell from a tree. It is beat to hell and back, have a feeling I might
Know the owner , but haven't ran into him recently.

Swamp Love

I swamp a pond near my home course, and have pulled up more than 100 discs, most of them marked up. I call the ones with numbers, and have returned about 10% of those. We all want our plastic back, but it is often hard to get to it, even when the finder is being accessible.

One disc I found without a number is my favorite long distance driver, a 151g VIP Air King by Westside. I know of no stores locally that stock Westside discs, so I guess that someone mail ordered this little beauty.

This is still the greatest find I've come across, and I'm going out RIGHT NOW to remind His Majesty that his purpose on this earth is to EAT CHAINS!

Latest posts